Corsair Community

Strange behaviour

TerminalFrost

About a week ago I noticed that my XD5/GPU/CPU Blocks RGB would take a bit longer to turn on than usual. Sometimes up to 10minutes of the system being on. Today my system has been on for around 5 hours and they were still not turning on. I tried plugging them in to a different channel on my Commander Pro, and also plugging them in to my second Commander Pro and they were still not turning on.

I just went in to iCUE and went through the channel setup, set it to No Device and back to the Hydro X set, went through a few different colours in the Lighting Link option and they just came on.

Anyone else experienced this? I have had this setup for approx. a year now and as I mentioned this only recently started to happen.

PS. I also noticed that after changing channel and going to the Lighting Setup my XD5 looked like it was almost working, the default rainbow vomit was happening, but only on my XD5 not the GPU/CPU blocks.

Got a bit stranger over the last 2 days Oo

Yesterday, the lights refused to come on at all, after trying to switch colours/mess with the lighting setup several times.

Today they randomly turned on after an hour or so, went in to iCUE to change the colour of them and nothing happened, stayed the dark blue they were on....couple of hours later whilst playing Warframe they randomly changed to the colour I set in iCUE Oo!

Also I noticed that when they refuse to turn on, the XD5 is half on, there is some light coming from the left side of the of the pump....so freaking weird....

I'm no expert but I'm running hydro x components and I'm not seeing any issues with my RGB. It sounds like there's a software issue either with ICUE or another software conflicting with the rgb lighting. My MSI dragon center conflicts with the rgb on my ram on startup, reset, and shutdown.

My guess is to try to force update ICUE and also the commander pros and also look for any software that might conflict with rgb like your mobo softwares

I'm no expert but I'm running hydro x components and I'm not seeing any issues with my RGB. It sounds like there's a software issue either with ICUE or another software conflicting with the rgb lighting. My MSI dragon center conflicts with the rgb on my ram on startup, reset, and shutdown.

My guess is to try to force update ICUE and also the commander pros and also look for any software that might conflict with rgb like your mobo softwares

It's a good idea but I don't have my motherboard RGB software installed.

I also tried a force iCue/Commander Pro update but it didn't change anything.

I'm hesitant to change too much as it was all working fine then, suddently not.

I did some testing and found out that the pump is the issue.

If I bypass the pump RGB cables and go straight to the GPU block that goes to the CPU block everything works fine. Something about the pump isn't passing on the signal to the other blocks.

I'm reaching out to Corsair support.

Glad it's not just me this is happening too! I kinda given up messing with it, if it turns on it turns on, if not oh well :P I cannot change the order in which they connect to each other as the only cable that will reach the Commander Pro's is the pump one.

I still have the issue, right now they are on, after an hour or two of the system being on they turned on. But yesterday with the system being on most of the day they didn't light up.

It is super annoying the lights not working, but as long as the flow indicator on the GPU block is spinning (vertically mounted so I can see it) I am fine.

I am slightly over my warranty period so I haven't bothered to contact Corsair, maybe I should? I dunno, I am not sure I wanna go through the hassle of draining my loop as I only replaced the fluid a couple of months ago.

Edit: Next time I clean my cases filter's I will see if it's possible to bypass the pump, probably have to unstick the Commander Pros and reposition them, the pump not lighting up isn't really a big issue as its in front of some QL120's.

Edited by TerminalFrost

I did some testing and found out that the pump is the issue.

If I bypass the pump RGB cables and go straight to the GPU block that goes to the CPU block everything works fine. Something about the pump isn't passing on the signal to the other blocks.

I'm reaching out to Corsair support.

Ye can confirm. Was going to wait till my next case maintenance, but I had nowt better to do, re-arranged the position of my Commander Pro so the GPU block cables would reach and they came on straight away after setting them up in iCUE, pump is still connected to a different RGB channel and still not working properly.

As I mentioned earlier, I am not too fussed if the pump RGB doesn't work, it's directly in front of some RGB fans.

Thanks for your testing! Hope Corsair give you a fix.