Corsair Community

Virtuoso issues, typical Corsair

Charblee

I'm quite livid right now. I installed a firmware update for the Virtuoso / Dongle on Wednesday, since that update my headset stops transmitting audio for about 30 seconds then comes back. I just got off the phone with Corsair, the customer service rep immediately wanted to RMA the unit, he didn't even want to try to help fixing it, they just want to RMA it. It seems like they don't care enough to troubleshoot anything, "screw it, it's not our money or product, just give 'em a new one and hope the shove off." There's a firmware image button in iCue (presumably to downgrade firmware in the event like this) apparently they only have the latest firmware, which rendered my 3 month old headset unusable. This is how I communicate with my coworkers at work, take calls for work, etc.

I had a lot of time to think over the weekend while Corsair support staff was off, and I realized that I've literally NEVER had a good product experience with any of their products that I've own, or recommended to other people. My K70 would randomly disconnect from Windows and nothing I would do would get it to work again, it would eventually sort itself out after numerous reboots. My K70 also came with a misprinted F7 key. My Void Wireless microphone stopped working after 14 months, my first Virtuoso (already RMA'd) came with scuff marks in the plastic (I purchased directly from Corsair).

When I called explaining my frustration on Friday, the customer service rep said they were going to send me a coupon for my inconvenience (the coupon never came), and they opened an RMA ticket saying my ST100 headset stand is where the problem is coming from.

I don't even know why I subject myself to the torture that is being a customer of Corsairs. This sucks. I use this thing for work, nobody wants to just give me the firmware to downgrade it, and now I have to do an RMA... Now I need to go buy another headset to hold me over in the mean time.

I'm really pissed. REALLY pissed.

• Corsair Employee
Charblee can you do me a favor and PM me your ticket number so I can reach out and escalate this in the Technical Support team for senior members to review. Completely understand your frustration since we are all relying more heavily on having a working headset right now, and not having one makes doing your job that much harder. Once I get the ticket number, I can work with them to find out what happened, and see if there is a more efficient solution for you so you can get back up and running again.

• 2 weeks later...
I have had an issue with mine lately too. When I go to mute my headset it says my mic is off but I can still be heard. The mic light is red but still no mute. Then when I try to turn it back on it doesn't say anything. It used say mic on or mic off. The only way to get it to mute is if iCUE is closed. Once it's closed it will mute and unmute but then the voice prompts are off and my keyboard lights don't work. I have have been in an ongoing email tag game trying different things and nothing works. Now I just got an email that said to uninstall iCUE and install the older iCUE version. From what I hear in the these forums, this version uses more CPU and is recommended not to use.... https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=194345.... It appears I'm not the only one having problems. I really need some good advice. My friends are using a competitors brand headset and they're telling me to return these and get a different brand. I'm kinda getting fed up. Please help us. Give us an update that will fix this and actually work.