Corsair Community

Virtuoso Dongle completely stopped functioning/pairing

Hi, this has been annoying enough now to make a post, also seeing a few threads with a smiliar problem but no solution.

I have had the Virtusoso headset for about 9 months now with no issues, I use it on my desktop and also for my work laptop during the day, able to just swap the dongle around as and when.

Just yesterday, the desktop refused to recognise the dongle, and the dongle started flashing red, when checking icue, the wireless headset shows a red triangle and that the firmware is "?" The headset still works wired.

At first I figured it was a simple driver issue, so I have been going through these posts and tried to-

manually uninstall drivers and icue in various stages, still nothing.

re-pair the dongle to the headset, this just leaves it suck on "pairing" forever and doesn't actually work.

I have sent an rma request, but I use the headset for work and I really need a working solution asap. Using it wired isnt really practical.

• Corsair Employee
Based on your description, sounds like either a firmware failure or dongle is not functioning properly. Technical Support will be able to provide you with the files and instructions for a manual firmware up, or replace the dongle if that is unsuccessful. You should receive a response shortly, and they will be able to get you taken care of.

Weird. I had the EXACT same issue happen to me today. I purchased mine in May of this year from Corsair directly. Can someone from the support team please contact me as well with firmware files so I can try that? I was able to get my headset to somewhat work again, but now it isn't providing me with voice prompts "mic on /off" like it used to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I have been having the same issue for months and have sent a message to the support center, but after a couple weeks, and after I sent them my purchase receipt, they stopped replying and I haven't heard anything since. My dongle flashes red so I can only use it in wired mode and the cable for the wired mode is wearing out now and I would rather it did not wear out. Please somebody help.

• 6 months later...

I have the same happen to me on my corsair virtuoso rgb wireless.. dongle is visible in icue with red triangle on its tab.. dongle and headset flash red and do not connect.. can not update dongle firmware via icue and current dongle firmware version is showing as V.?

I dont spose anyone got a link for the dongle firmware they could kindly post for us please :p

Thanks and best of luck to people with the same issue

Edited by Autonomy

• Corsair Employee
I have the same happen to me on my corsair virtuoso rgb wireless.. dongle is visible in icue with red triangle on its tab.. dongle and headset flash red and do not connect.. can not update dongle firmware via icue and current dongle firmware version is showing as V.?

I dont spose anyone got a link for the dongle firmware they could kindly post for us please :p

Thanks and best of luck to people with the same issue

Please update your iCUE to 4.12.214 - firmware for your VIRTUOSO and its dongle should be available afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, yeah i have iCUE to 4.12.214 but its still the same, i even purchased a new dongle and unfortunately when i plug new dongle in the dongle shows but also shows a white virtuoso headset that is unavailable and will not pair to my headset. corsair responded and offered replacement but i need original receipt of purchase and i threw that out after 12 months, my virtuoso are immaculate too so it the end of the road for the headset, i wont throw the headset away just yes as i will keep looking online to see if anyone has found and shares a fix, its only a software/firmware issue but i need a headset for the surround sound for the games i play, already some time with no gaming so if anyone does see this and has a fix or idea please help :D as a replacement i just cannot afford to do right now

many thanks all

I have the exact same problem... i have sent a ticket to corsair on 18/06/21 and i have no response (ticket number : 2004411302). :mad:

i done some more digging.. seen a few posts stating that virtuoso from new is pared with the dongle it comes with and is only compatible with that dongle.. i have a new dongle and it shows it paired to a white headset, i try to pair to mine and nothing happens.. there is no option with the dongle selected in icue to remove the previous paired device,, so do not buy dongle from ebay as it WILL NOT work.. if i do find a fix i will post it here for sure, annoying as escape from tarkov due n update in the next few days or week ish..

autonomy#1711 is my discord if anyone has ideas or try each others previous atemps or ideas

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having the same issue, it started 3 days ago and I've had this headset ever since Christmas of 2020, prior to me looking into updating the iCUE software, everything was working great, when I upgraded the software the dongle wasn't connecting to my headset and the only thing that was working was the wired mode, my software is currently on the latest version, and the dongle is on 5.4.99 which I believe is the most updated driver, if anyone can help please do

Can anyone send the the dongle firmware so that i can update it manually, i sent a ticket and the sent me firmware for the dongle and it is not working, and when i sent them message that it is not working and it displays error "Invalid Firmware" the support sent me firmware for the headphones, and not for the dongle :x

• Corsair Employee
I'm having the same issue, it started 3 days ago and I've had this headset ever since Christmas of 2020, prior to me looking into updating the iCUE software, everything was working great, when I upgraded the software the dongle wasn't connecting to my headset and the only thing that was working was the wired mode, my software is currently on the latest version, and the dongle is on 5.4.99 which I believe is the most updated driver, if anyone can help please do

Can anyone send the the dongle firmware so that i can update it manually, i sent a ticket and the sent me firmware for the dongle and it is not working, and when i sent them message that it is not working and it displays error "Invalid Firmware" the support sent me firmware for the headphones, and not for the dongle :x

Please message me with details of your iCUE software, firmware versions for both VIRTUOSO and its dongle, and VIRTUOSO model.

Hi, I have had the same problem with the virtuoso headphones I upgraded them and the wireless mode does not work, and I have to use them with cable.

Is there any solution for that?.

I sent a message to corsair technical support but for the moment they have not replied.

• Corsair Employee
Hi, I have had the same problem with the virtuoso headphones I upgraded them and the wireless mode does not work, and I have to use them with cable.

Is there any solution for that?.

I sent a message to corsair technical support but for the moment they have not replied.

Responded.

Hi, i'm also having issues with my dongle. Since I updated the dongle firmware, the dongle and headset have been flashing red and will not connect. Everything I have read does not fix the problem.

I sent in a ticket to support, but have not had a reply in a week.

• Corsair Employee
Hi, i'm also having issues with my dongle. Since I updated the dongle firmware, the dongle and headset have been flashing red and will not connect. Everything I have read does not fix the problem.

I sent in a ticket to support, but have not had a reply in a week.

I've messaged you for more information.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Rasec192 said:

Today i had the same issue, is there a way to fix this?

I've got this issue with a brand new virtuoso headset. As far as I can see, the only way to fix it is to try your best to get corsair to send you the firmware

• 4 months later...