Corsair Community

iCUE v3.2.87 causes computer to hard shutdown

Nepoxx

This is a clean windows install, all my drivers are up to date (as of today), including chipset drivers and BIOS.

Computer is stable until I install the latest CUE, which causes the computer to abruptly shut off, turning off and on the PSU switch is the only solution to reboot the PC (holding down the power switch won't do a thing). Uninstalling CUE solves the issue.

Any ideas?

I have a K65 and a M95.

I can't think of how the software can force a hard shutdown and it is more likely this is related to something in your new hardware. Are you running other software that accesses the same motherboard information and lighting? In more practical interest, what happens when you use Link 4.7 and CUE 2.24.50 instead of the iCUE beta?

It just turns off?? No BSOD?

Yep, just turns off. I've tried multiple times, uninstalled iCUE, problem solved, reinstalled, problem is back. I've swapped my M95 for the scimitar (since the m95 is not compatible with iCUE), same issue. I'm installing CUE 2.24.50, will report back.

My power supply is a HX750, which I'm very far from maxing out :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Hi Nepoxx,

Can I get your computer's system info? Either as a PM or just posted here:

To obtain the DXDIAG file:

1. Press the Windows Key (the key with the Windows logo on your keyboard) + R (at the same time).

2. Type "dxdiag", and select "OK".

3. At the bottom right, there will be a "Save All Information" button, select it.

This will create and save a text file named "DxDiag" onto your desktop with all your system configurations.

How far in the boot procedure do you get? Is Windows beginning to load? Are you just leaving the BIOS screen? Does nothing display?

video ..problem:url]https://youtu.be/HNIdmYvW8ow[/url]...

It's 100% repeatable...

Try without USB stuff plugged in? I know it sounds far fetched but I have seen phone cables and other periphery short and reboot systems. Maybe pull them one at a time and retry starting with your front panel usb phone charger?

Also, try reboot following icue install?

I have also seen motherboards with dented cases short on the backside...not sure that's your issue but a fallen screw on the back side can cause intermittent issues?

• 1 month later...

SO i installed iCUE 3.3.130, because i was having issues with lighting options dissapearing for my Glaive with cue & link.

my pc reboots after less than a minute..

if i open iCUE it reboots less than 20 seconds

uninstalled iCUE = problem solved..

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having the same problem too. I noticed you also have a Ryzen CPU with ASUS Mobo. I've notice corsair link and icue report incorrect CPU temps. I wonder if this is the problem it thinks the computer is overheating and forces a shutdown? Edited by infinite3k

I had the same issue and reverting back to CUE 2.24.50 fixed it for me as well.

I'm leaning toward it conflicting with the RGB settings on my ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F motherboard. Also, with me at least, there was a pattern to the shutdowns. Every time my PC came out of hybrid sleep, within minutes the exact same thing that happened in Nepoxx's video would occur. If it wasn't coming out of sleep, it would stay on indefinitely it seemed.

I'm still troubleshooting to see if I can find the cause, there are some RGB settings within BIOS that have to do with sleep recovery. After work today I'm going to reinstall the up to date CUE, disable the BIOS RGB sleep settings, and let you know if it resolves the issue.

Edited by Ambition

meanwhile i have upgraded to ryzen 2700x and x470-f strix...

decided to give icue 3.4 a go, everything worked for a few hours, and suddenly one after the other black screen crash. it started happening faster and faster, and suddenly in 20 minutes it crashed 13 times. made sure nothing else is causing it. it was clean install, disables all utilities until icue was left over,

uninstalled that **** and right now i'm running for over 2 hours without crash.

so far i think aura enabled motherboards don't like icue software

• 1 month later...

Same problem.

Got K95 and for weeks could not figure out why my PC would just hard shut down. Replaced PSU with a 1k watt platinum full-modular PSU thinking it was going out and I still had the issue. Finally decided to uninstall ICUE and PC ran for a week solid without any faults. For testing, I reinstalled ICUE and it hard shut down, once again, within an hour.

No idea how software could cause a hard shutdown without a BSOD. A bit ridiculous if you ask me. $200 keyboard and I can't utilize it's features because the software kills my PC. Not ok and has been an issue for over 6 months.....

There also seems to be a known issue about this on Reddit:

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have also this issue with iCue which causes hard shutdown of my computer :mad:

I have tested these cases:

- Stress test whith iCue opened --> shutdown after 3min

- Stress test with iCue closed --> OK

- Stress test with Link opened --> OK

of course iCue is uninstalled for this last test

In game with iCue, my computer shutdown sometime under Diablo 3 or Hereos of the storm. Now I have uninstalled iCue and installed Link I have no more shutdown.

Do you have any updates about this issue?

I keep Corsair Link for the moment.

There is many post about this issue:

Thank!

• 7 months later...
I have the same problem, I see other people with the same CPU as mine (i7 4930k) have the same problem. Uninstalled and will never buy a Corsair item ever in my life

Hopefully you are not using a one year old version of the software. Current version is 3.17.94.

Wow I am not alone.

For what version 3.17.94 still crashes my system went back to December 2018 hopping that would solve my issue nope.

I have 2 computers with Corsair RGB products out of the two computers my main rig is crashing all the time as it always happen when I am not at my computer for example watch one hour of TV and then comeback to a frozen PC.

I reinstalled Windows 10 2 times to find out as soon as I install iCUE the problems come back as why is my second machine working fine. Mind you it only has a Corsair AIO cooler and 2 Corsair LL RGB Fans and 32gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB Memory.

My main rig had a Corsair K95 Keyboard, M65 Pro Mouse, 4 LL Fans, LED Strip and AIO Platinum Cooler, 32gb Vengeance Pro RGB Memory and this is the one that is driving me crazy to the point of replacing all Corsair RGB parts or let Mystic Light take overand dump iCUE all together

It's something that is iCUE is not playing nice with.

system

i9 9900k

32gb Vengeance Pro RGB Memory 3200mhz

MSI Z390 MEG ACE motherboard

MSI 2080 RTX Gaming X Trio

EVGA NU Audio

1000 Watt Corsair Platinum Power supply

Corsaii AIO Platinum 280mm Cooler

I have the same problem, I see other people with the same CPU as mine (i7 4930k) have the same problem. Uninstalled and will never buy a Corsair item ever in my life

It's not your CPU unless it's Intel iCUE has the problem with as I am crashing just like you on a i9 9900k

Hi,

I have also this issue with iCue which causes hard shutdown of my computer :mad:

I have tested these cases:

- Stress test whith iCue opened --> shutdown after 3min

- Stress test with iCue closed --> OK

- Stress test with Link opened --> OK

of course iCue is uninstalled for this last test

In game with iCue, my computer shutdown sometime under Diablo 3 or Hereos of the storm. Now I have uninstalled iCue and installed Link I have no more shutdown.

Do you have any updates about this issue?

I keep Corsair Link for the moment.

There is many post about this issue:

Thank!

Thanks for the links the first link was interesting as I went through all most the say testing from reading Windows crash reports. Also wouldn't you know it that I crashed just reading the link. SO I just tossed in the last straw and uninstalled iCUE. If my system goes back to normal I may look into replacing my AIO cooler and fans to Thermaltake as it's going to be $400+ and eat my loses with Corsair

Thanks for the links the first link was interesting as I went through all most the say testing from reading Windows crash reports. Also wouldn't you know it that I crashed just reading the link. SO I just tossed in the last straw and uninstalled iCUE. If my system goes back to normal I may look into replacing my AIO cooler and fans to Thermaltake as it's going to be $400+ and eat my loses with Corsair

Before you do, and while you may have answered this elsewhere, what are your symptoms exactly? I am also assuming your system specs are out of date because you mention the 9900k but like an 8700. Would you be able to confirm the hardware to start?

For the record I am about the furthest thing from an apologist but do want people to avoid the same crap I went through as well as many others.