Corsair Community

[BATTERY LIFE] Void Pro issues after 9 months

SOLIDKREATE

Hello,

I got the Corsair Void pro Wireless headset for Christmas 2019. They worked great for a while but never reached the 19 hour battery life claims. I am lucky to get three hours out of them now. It's very disappointing since I am a Graphic Artist Freelancer and I can easily spend 8-12 hours here at my desk.

Recommendation:

• Redesign the battery to be detachable.

• Ship all new units with a USB charging dock just for the battery
  • Include two batteries

• Call them the Corsair Void Pro EVO

or

• Give the headset the capability to be used while plugged in until they charge. I understand they are wireless however "I needs my music mane".

- Isaac

Manufacturing Engineer Planner, The Boeing Company. 2010 - 2020.

Patent Holder in the 787 Program.

GD&T Certified.

:sunglasse

P.S.

If you guys need an ME Planner, I'm currently Covid laid off =o)

CATIA V5, SolidWorks, Fusion 360

ERP, CAPP II, ENOVIA, DELMIA, PDM, IVT

• Corsair Employee

Not sure what happened to your battery, but we can get the headset replaced through warranty which is up to 2 years. You would just need to submit a ticket through the link below, and one of our Technical Support team members can help you out from there:

https://support.corsair.com/

In regards to using the headset while they charge, they should be able to already. What happens when you try to use them with the micro USB connected while using them? Are you using your PC or a different source for charging?

• 2 weeks later...

the batteries on the wireless are only so good. I ended buying an entire replacement a while back as the one they used went back. You can find replacements with the proper plug already soldered on. The issue i found was the battery has started to bulge out telling me it was shot. Odds are your battery is suffering the same issues I had. The replacement I ordered is of a smaller mAH but i found it has held up longer.

The only issue i have found long term is the USB-B micro port eats charging cables every 6 months and will start to have pin failure issues after 3-4 years.