Corsair Community

Is the K95 RGB Platinum compatible with usb switcher devices?

WheelerLFC

I have the K95 RGB Platinum for my system but me and my girlfriend have our own systems, she has a mouse and keyboard and I don't really have enough room on my desk for two keyboards.

Iv been looking at usb switcher devices but wasn't sure if the K95 RGB Platinum would be compatible with it with it needing 2 usb ports (I have the M65 RGB Elite mouse), id have my keyboard and my mouse inputs going to one usb port in my system using a switcher when they take up 3 when plugged in normally.

The question I'm asking is will I have any rgb issues, problems with the usb port on the keyboard etc. don't fancy paying £30 / £40 on one and pulling out all my wiring for it to not work properly.

Thanks in advance

I have the K95 RGB Platinum for my system but me and my girlfriend have our own systems, she has a mouse and keyboard and I don't really have enough room on my desk for two keyboards.

Iv been looking at usb switcher devices but wasn't sure if the K95 RGB Platinum would be compatible with it with it needing 2 usb ports (I have the M65 RGB Elite mouse), id have my keyboard and my mouse inputs going to one usb port in my system using a switcher when they take up 3 when plugged in normally.

The question I'm asking is will I have any rgb issues, problems with the usb port on the keyboard etc. don't fancy paying £30 / £40 on one and pulling out all my wiring for it to not work properly.

Thanks in advance

i am using a kvm switch and it works fine. you can plug the mouse into the usb on the keyboard to save a spot in the switch. just DO NOT DO A FIRMWARE UPDATE WITH IT. plug directly in the PC to do the updates

Edited by fredd0

• Corsair Employee

Thanks in advance

We do not officially support USB hubs, switches, or KVMs for our mice and keyboards as they can affect the functionality of the devices by preventing iCUE from detecting the device or even prevent the physical device from working as it should.

• 2 weeks later...
We do not officially support USB hubs, switches, or KVMs for our mice and keyboards as they can affect the functionality of the devices by preventing iCUE from detecting the device or even prevent the physical device from working as it should.

yeah... this is true. it does act up