Corsair Community

Value Select Dual Channel Kit PC3200 MSI neo fis2r socket 754 compatibility issues?

AJC

I have a MSI neo fis2r socket 754motherboard with an Athlon64 3200+ processor. Also I'm running Corsair Value Select Dual Channel Kit 184 Pin 1G(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - OEM, an nvidia geforce 4 mx 420 gpu, and a 30gig WD raptor. The problem is when I try to install windows XP I'm getting a blue screen with an error message saying to run chkdsk....so I ran chkdsk and scandisk and found no errors. I've searched the internet and found out that this problem is most likely a compatibility issue. The ram is in slots 1 and 3 and set at 2-3-3-6 with ddr voltage at 2.7 I have upraded to the latest bios. Also I have run memtest and some other tests and found no errors. I think the ram's settings are incorrect, is faulty, or not compatible. Can anyone help me please? What are the correct settings if this ram is compatible?

• Corsair Employee
Value select timings should be Cass 2.5-3-3-8, please try that or set to By SPD and see if that does not solve the problem. If you want to run at Cass 2-3-3-6 you would need to use CMX512-3200LL with this MB!

Archived