Corsair Community

Corsair one: Any Updated to Win10 May Edition (2004)?

Some1Else

I'm currently running win10 Home 1909 build... Still am after using the Update Assistant to update to the May Update (2004 build). The reboot got to 80% before BSOD'ing & resumed 1909 build (which is working fine).

I opted to use the Update Assistant because the May Update was not being listed via the Check for Updates, though it'd been announced a month ago.

Apologies if I missed a pre-existing thread on the subject.

FWIW, my model is CS-9000011.

Then your system is not ready for the new windows.

My concern is if there's any plan to support it at all. Understandably frustrating to have paid so much, for something to be obsolete/unsupported within 4 years.

I have 2004 on my i160. It only showed up in Windows Update a few days ago. As I understand it, they are rolling it out gradually, and it won't let you update until it says you can. (And, anyway, you're not really missing much.)

I'm running 2004 - so far none of the issues noted elsewhere - knock on wood.

However, the Corsair CCLink4 software no longer sees nor connects to the H110i cooler I am running: so the device is running on base firmware, and fans are noisy.

My very new i200 delivered only last Monday says Microsoft Windows 10 Pro v. 10.0.18363 Build 18363. And my Updates are current. I'll just wait until prompted by the system.

Windows Updates says "You're up to date; Last checked: Yesterday, 6:24 p.m." and below that, "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004; The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way..."

Edited by RFinMD

• Corsair Employee
I have 2004 on my i160. It only showed up in Windows Update a few days ago. As I understand it, they are rolling it out gradually, and it won't let you update until it says you can. (And, anyway, you're not really missing much.)

Yup, Windows Updates are controlled my Microsoft and it looks like they're doing a slow rollout so they can spot issues should any arise.

• 1 month later...
My very new i200 delivered only last Monday says Microsoft Windows 10 Pro v. 10.0.18363 Build 18363. And my Updates are current. I'll just wait until prompted by the system.

Windows Updates says "You're up to date; Last checked: Yesterday, 6:24 p.m." and below that, "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004; The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way..."

Did anyone get the update already? I am still on Win 10 pro 1909 with the same screen reporting a delay... :[pouts:

FWIW, my model is CS-9000011.

My concern is if there's any plan to support it at all. Understandably frustrating to have paid so much, for something to be obsolete/unsupported within 4 years.

I found the issue with the BSOD for gen 1 Corsair Ones - it's Corsair Link. It utilizes a CPU-Z driver that produces a page error during the Win 10 2004 update. If you've been getting "cpuz141_x64.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" error on your BSOD, like I did, then do the following:

Uninstall Corsair Link including the config files. In fact, uninstall all 3rd party HW monitoring software. *I know deleting CL is a risk for heating but just don't game without it*

Run the Win 10 2004 update. It worked for me and pushed me thru the 80% install barrier during the 3rd reboot. Then reinstall Corsair Link for your Gen 1 Corsair One.

Edited by warlordnik

I found the issue with the BSOD for gen 1 Corsair Ones - it's Corsair Link. It utilizes a CPU-Z driver that produces a page error during the Win 10 2004 update. If you've been getting "cpuz141_x64.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" error on your BSOD, like I did, then do the following:

Uninstall Corsair Link including the config files. In fact, uninstall all 3rd party HW monitoring software. *I know deleting CL is a risk for heating but just don't game without it*

Run the Win 10 2004 update. It worked for me and pushed me thru the 80% install barrier during the 3rd reboot. Then reinstall Corsair Link for your Gen 1 Corsair One.

Thank you so much!! Replying after having successfully updated to Win10 2004. I only uninstalled the Corsair Link, and Diagnostics app before attempting.