Corsair Community

h100i v2 fans running but C Link says 0 RPM

douglasl

The 2 fans on my h100i v2 are running quietly but Corsair Link says 0 RPM,as shown in the 2 attached screenshots. Is this expected? Everything seems to be working OK, and I can change the fan behavior successfully through CorsairLink. I'm just curious about the 0 RPM. Thanks! -Doug

cooler1.jpg.9da947f8d839caa0b1a37dcc9578a265.jpg

cooler2.jpg.ed6416a64677a23fff2c48e5c0b61bb1.jpg

Thanks for the advice. I'll try the suggestions.

BTW, my ASUS X299-A motherboard seems to have an abundance of CPU fan & cooler headers (as shown in attachment). So far I've followed the Corsair instructions to attach the pump cable to CPU_FAN and the 2 fan leads to the pump's fan headers (so pump and fans are ultimately all attached to CPU_FAN). Could I be plugging pump and/or fans into some of those other headers on my motherboard? Thank you! -Doug

cooler3.jpg.a96e74f0ffae0cd8594eae9cea3c20e8.jpg

Something has to be on CPU fan to boot up. You can place case fans on there, but on Asus boards the CPU Fan and its copycat OPT are very limited in what they can do. It must be CPU temp as the control variable. The possible fan delays are shorter or ignored entirely on some models. On the other side, the AIO and W_Pump headers are just plain old CHAssis fan headers renamed, so they are "more marketable". They might be set to 100% by default, but you can do that to any header with one click in the BIOS. There are some other uses for people with custom loops and/or multiple pumps, but most people are better off putting their AIO on CPU Fan and then re-purposing the AIO header to act like a CHA fan, something CPU/OPT cannot do.

In Q-Fan, set the CPU fan header to "Full Speed". This is the same as "disabled" in the advanced BIOS.

You've pointed out that I need to increase my pump speed to full. Is that something I can do in Corsair Link? Or do I have to do this in the BIOS? On an ASUS motherboard, it looks like I have to do this in the "Q-Fan Control" section, right, and set "CPU FAN" to "Full Speed"? Thanks! -Doug

You've pointed out that I need to increase my pump speed to full. Is that something I can do in Corsair Link? Or do I have to do this in the BIOS? On an ASUS motherboard, it looks like I have to do this in the "Q-Fan Control" section, right, and set "CPU FAN" to "Full Speed"? Thanks! -Doug

You cannot do this in Link.

And it's not "setting your pump speed to full". It's a matter of providing the right power to the pump.

The pump requires a full 12V of power at all times. In order to do this, you need to set the fan header so that it provides the full 12V. That does not control the pump speed. Link does. But it can't do much if the pump isn't getting the power that it needs.

And yes, that is one way to do this. There are several ways on an Asus board. But that'll work. You will have to remember to do this whenever you update your BIOS as well.

Archived