The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2019, 07:18 PM
Favebook's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025576
Favebook Reputation: 10
Default iCUE update broke my Ironclaw (again?!)

I've updated my iCUE from 3.18.77 to 3.22.74 and a problem I had previously started happening again and there is no solution to it right now as far as what I tried so I am seeking your help here. You can check my specs in my profile. Mouse is IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS.

I tried fully uninstalling iCUE and reinstalling different versions (I tried 3.22.74, 3.21.88, 3.20.80 and 3.18.77) however problem persists in all versions no matter what I do.

Here is the best explanation of my problem:
When I edit my DPI settings and macros on my mouse via iCUE, they work perfectly for some time and then mouse decides to go to safe mode (I guess) and it just returns everything to default and even messes up some buttons (for example my BACK button on mouse becomes "number 2" from keyboard and I never gave it that macro whatsoever).

This usually happens when I am gaming but it is not limited to it. Sometimes it just happens during internet browsing or even watching a movie (and not moving a mouse).

My temporary fix is to plug it in via cable which for some reason fixes everything after 5-10 seconds of being plugged in and then it works perfectly for some time (usually few minutes but sometimes up to hour or two). Also, turning it off and turning it back on to 2.4GHz via buttons on the mouse fixes it temporarily as well.

I have tried editing all profiles to be same but it still resets to its safe profile I guess. Deleting all other profiles other than default also does not fix it.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:00 PM
dansinnerg's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025778
dansinnerg Reputation: 10

I have also experienced the same issues as OP. It seems to happen randomly as I have been actively monitoring my usage when out of nowhere, the DPI just drops. Very distinguishable on a 27" 1440p monitor when it takes twice the mouse pad real-estate to move than just a moment before.

While I have not tried older versions of iCue, I cannot get this to stop even after doing the following:
1. Reinstalling iCue's latest release, removing associated registry keys
2. Forcing a firmware update on Ironclaw
3. Deleting all profiles and creating them from scratch

It does seem to me that the onboard Hardware profiles that Ironclaw has may be in conflict here but I just can't put my finger on it. This is utterly frustrating, especially in hardcore FPS games and boss fights of RPGs
Old 11-30-2019, 07:04 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025787
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Not exactly sure what is going on there, but I have reported the issue and tagged this post to Corsair. There was another report as well for the Iron Claw (below).

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=191880

Last edited by c-attack; 11-30-2019 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:31 PM
dansinnerg's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025810
dansinnerg Reputation: 10

Thanks @c-attack

Checked the linked thread and I can also confirm my firmware is as follows:
iCue is 3.22.74
Mouse 1.14.102 (dongle 1.11.52)

Then I realized that my mouse is also renamed to "IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS (1)" which is also described by that OP
Old 12-01-2019, 08:33 AM
Favebook's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025841
Favebook Reputation: 10

It's rather irritating as I am playing CS:GO which is based on muscle memory and DPI changes are unforgivable.

Same as you @dansinnerg, I have tried everything you did plus changing the versions via clean install. Also, I tried soft resetting my mouse as hard reset is not possible as far as I know.

I am as well running Mouse 1.14.102 (dongle 1.11.52), however I have downgraded to 3.18.77 iCUE in hope that that would fix the problem.

I have already ordered a new mouse which will be replacing this one as I cannot lose days of not practicing. I see that Corsair is not answering here on forum so I will open a ticket and update you guys if I find a fix.

One more thing that I noticed is as soon as I close iCUE mouse instantly goes into safe mode and ignores all my changes and profiles.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:07 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favebook View Post

One more thing that I noticed is as soon as I close iCUE mouse instantly goes into safe mode and ignores all my changes and profiles.
Safe mode? It does remember your hardware profiles? Or you have not saved those to the mouse?
Old 12-02-2019, 02:09 PM
XRayAdamo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025994
XRayAdamo Reputation: 10

Will add here. Bought Ironclaw yesterday and during gaming and also found that icue simply disconnects from mouse so the mouse returns to default settings. No custom key mapping, nor RGB settings, nothing. Already tried to force firmware upgrade. Testes different USB ports. Nothing. At random time mouse just disconnects from iCue and live its own live! I will try to use it for couple of days and if no solution will be found, I will return mouse and never buy any mouses from Corsair. :(
Old 12-02-2019, 04:16 PM
Archvile82's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026013
Archvile82 Reputation: 10

Interesting, i am having some issues with mine too on the latest update, the mouse movements will randomly lag, i guess its doing as you guy described. I noticed this error logged in event viewer :-

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 3.22.74.0, time stamp: 0x5dbb1bd2
Faulting module name: Qt5Core.dll, version: 5.13.1.0, time stamp: 0x5d6a32fb
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0001deb1
Faulting process ID: 0x2e24
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5a94a6e18de58
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\Qt5Core.dll
Report ID: 428185b7-83d5-44bd-b2aa-a6a105d3e140
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Last edited by Archvile82; 12-02-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:47 PM

POST ID # = 1026283
Luzgore Reputation: 10

Same Problem :(
Old 12-04-2019, 05:50 PM
XRayAdamo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026284

I just replace4d my mouse with new one. Will post the result after I will come home. Hope it was a hardware fault, not a iCue. Because if this is iCue problem, then this is useless.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:27 PM
Squ33zy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026295
Squ33zy Reputation: 10

Same exact problem as OP. Although when I'm playing and the DPI changes there is a setting on the mouse that somewhat matches with my custom DPI so that's a workaround for the time being whilst I find somewhere to turn my mouse on and off.

Since I bought the mouse around 1-2 months ago I never found this an issue until I updated to the newer updates.

It has also renamed to 'IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS (1)(1)"

Hope to downgrade to previous versions to see if problem still persists.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:42 PM
XRayAdamo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squ33zy View Post
Same exact problem as OP. Although when I'm playing and the DPI changes there is a setting on the mouse that somewhat matches with my custom DPI so that's a workaround for the time being whilst I find somewhere to turn my mouse on and off.

Since I bought the mouse around 1-2 months ago I never found this an issue until I updated to the newer updates.

It has also renamed to 'IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS (1)(1)"

Hope to downgrade to previous versions to see if problem still persists.
Are you are talking about iCue update or firmware update?
Old 12-04-2019, 08:45 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026311

Can you guys clarify what you think is happening? Does it seem like the ICW is working under software mode, then suddenly drops out of iCUE and thus into HW mode. Since you have a different DPI setting as your default in HW mode, it feels like a hard shift?

Or is this pure tracking/polling issue? The mouse suddenly drops DPI with no indication from the profile or DPI lights. Those should light up/change on any software to HW change or any profile or DPI shift.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:51 PM
XRayAdamo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026312

In my situation it is clear that ICW lost connection to iCue because I lost all button customization/rgb.
I also checked the log files and I sow the error stating something like "cannot update RGB" or something similar.
So the mouse did not disconnect from PC, just iCue lost connection.

If you only change DPI and settings different than HW profile it is the same as mine situation.

Try to also include some RGB changes for custom profile and you will clearly see when mouse lost iCue (or iCue lost mouse!? :) )
Old 12-05-2019, 03:34 AM
XRayAdamo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026345

Update.
Got a replacement. Did not update firmware. Everything worked fine this evening. Could it be a firmware problem? Will stick with old one for a while