Corsair Community

Some 220T advise please.

ozzpoz

Hi. I'm looking for a bit of advise , I'm planning on a build using the Corsair icue 220t , Corsair vengeance pro rgb RAM and a hydro H100i 240 AiO, Asus Rog strix B540 gaming F motherboard. I'm also using a gigabyte 2070 super which is 286.5mm long. Can you confirm if there is enough clearance to fit the AiO either at the front or the top. I obviously don't want it hitting the GPU or RAM. If not could you tell me what the max GPU length is with a AiO is fitted. Or alternative mounting or components for example would the hydro 120mm fit on the back. Or just forget about a AiO and use the stock prism . Thank you.

I think the top is a risk. The 220T is like a lot of recent cases -- a mid tower with a shallow top. Others have reported RAM collisions with taller modules like Vengeance Pro or certainly Dominators. I think the motherboard top ATX 4/8 plug and VRM heat shield are probably even more insurmountable.

I don't see a lot of argument against front mounting in a case with no drives to block flow and a clear exit path right out the top. The product page has an illustration of this and a 240 or 360mm radiator would be a good choice. Putting a 120mm in the rear slot if likely to be substantially less successful, both in drastically reducing radiator surface area and putting in in the path of the GPU waste heat (rear exhaust). Best results are going to be front intake.

Now the real trick is max GPU length is listed at 300mm, but presumably this includes fans only. Less 30mm for the radiator puts it at 270mm and there is the quaundry indeed. Unfortunately, I don't always trust the maximum GPU length listed. What we really need here is a 220T owner to take a measurement. Hopefully a few will see this.

Hello,

i've done alot of research and watched every case build & video/picture of this case. unfortunately the RGB pro RAM will NOT fit up top with the AIO. your Ram should be 34MM high or less to fit (the RGB pro ram is 54MM high. i went with the white Corsair Vengeance LPX 32gb instead of the RGB pro and i'll be building about 2 weeks from now. hope this helps! it sucks but everything else in my build is RGB and the Low profile LPX ram i got is white so it should match fine plus it was a little cheaper.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello ozzpoz, it turned out that it fit alright, how much space left for gpu? because i will be doing the same build at i wanted to put the Gigabyte aorus 2080 which is 290mm length do you think it will fit?

Hi. I used the gigabyte 2070 super which is 286.5mm, and it only just fit. I wouldn't go any bigger than that. The 2080 at 290mm will touch the rad. . You could put the rad on the top, but that would depend on the motherboard and ram your using. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there, can the 30.5cm gpu fit in this case? Although the corsair website said the max GPU length is 30cm, it seem like there still have some space if i doesn't use liquid cooling, from your photos. Thank you!

Hi. Without the radiator you'll gain enough room. I can double check when I get home this evening what the max length is without a rad. . When I emailed Corsair about the max GPU length they said the 300mm max was with a radiator installed. Although I think it's a bit smaller than that unless my rad is thicker than some others.

Hi. Without the radiator you'll gain enough room. I can double check when I get home this evening what the max length is without a rad. . When I emailed Corsair about the max GPU length they said the 300mm max was with a radiator installed. Although I think it's a bit smaller than that unless my rad is thicker than some others.

Thank you dude!

Thank you dude!

Hi. I've had a look tonight, . My Rad is 25mm wide and specs list my GPU is 286.5mm.. so that's 311.5mm . If you include the small gap in-between my rad and GPU that makes the max about 313mm.

I can't get in fully with a rule or tape to measure the space but it does look less than my specs say.

And without taking my GPU out to see if the sizes in the specs are correct I couldn't guarantee your GPU would fit.

To be on the safe side of things I'd probably stay under the listed 300mm max.

Sorry I can't be more help.

• 2 months later...
I think the top is a risk. The 220T is like a lot of recent cases -- a mid tower with a shallow top. Others have reported RAM collisions with taller modules like Vengeance Pro or certainly Dominators. I think the motherboard top ATX 4/8 plug and VRM heat shield are probably even more insurmountable.

I don't see a lot of argument against front mounting in a case with no drives to block flow and a clear exit path right out the top. The product page has an illustration of this and a 240 or 360mm radiator would be a good choice. Putting a 120mm in the rear slot if likely to be substantially less successful, both in drastically reducing radiator surface area and putting in in the path of the GPU waste heat (rear exhaust). Best results are going to be front intake.

Now the real trick is max GPU length is listed at 300mm, but presumably this includes fans only. Less 30mm for the radiator puts it at 270mm and there is the quaundry indeed. Unfortunately, I don't always trust the maximum GPU length listed. What we really need here is a 220T owner to take a measurement. Hopefully a few will see this.

I have a 220T RGB build with an H100i Platinum RGB cooler. See my specs. The ATX 4/8 plug is actually not a problem as long as it is connected before the radiator is mounted at the top of the case.

• 8 months later...