The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2019, 05:17 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1028053
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Our development team is aware of this behavior, and reviewing options for correcting it. We'll provide an update once it is implemented. In the meantime, a workaround is opening your Windows Sound Settings by right clicking your speaker in system tray, or opening iCUE and adjusting sidetone volume or disabling->re-enabling it.

Old 12-26-2019, 09:11 PM

POST ID # = 1028762
TyTheTieTyer Reputation: 10
Default Yikes

tldr; it got worse but I got back to square one fixed that problem

Had the side tone go completely out and wouldn't come back there for a bit. Updated the firmware, software, and restarted my computer a couple times, tried the adjusting/turning on and off of the sidetone trick to no avail. Almost broke down and used the windows default one *ew

Then I decided to mess with the lighting. Somehow turning it from blink to static color fixed the problem. Still will go out if I mute the mic, but at least I'm back on the bus with the rest of yall again with a workaround-able problem. If that happens to anyone else, try messing with your lighting settings. I doubt that shoddy explanation will help the devs find a solution (assuming they are still looking), but I'll put it here anyway. 2 year of a mainline item being bugged is definitely memable. Wonder if a public backlash meme campaign would motivate corporate to prioritize this bug. To the reddit-mobile!

All honesty I love the headphones for every other feature, but this bug is C R I P P L I N G my ability to further recommend them to any of my friends.

Last edited by TyTheTieTyer; 12-26-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Old 12-27-2019, 01:05 AM
intender's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1028773
intender Reputation: 10

In my experience I have found that this happens when I start pressing the button too quickly. If I turn the mic on and notice there is no sidetone I usually try and give it a good 10 seconds before I press and hold the mic button to get sidetone to come back on. Press the button too quickly results in all kinds of weirdness. Sometimes I can get it into a state where iCUE and the voice feedback are telling me that the mic is off, but I am still getting sidetone and can hear myself talk. Other times it shows both are on and I have no sidetone. Usually if I turn the mic on wait for the beep or voice confirmation, and if I have no sidetone give it a good 10 count and then press and hold the button until sidetone comes on it works fine.

Old 01-12-2020, 05:25 PM

POST ID # = 1031116
Shaun_Thee_Shee Reputation: 10
Default Bump

2020 still no fix, come on now. I get the dev team got **** to do but surely you got a junior dev on staff that can take a look at this.

Old 01-22-2020, 08:41 AM

POST ID # = 1032372
Yobo1987 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
Our development team is aware of this behavior, and reviewing options for correcting it. We'll provide an update once it is implemented. In the meantime, a workaround is opening your Windows Sound Settings by right clicking your speaker in system tray, or opening iCUE and adjusting sidetone volume or disabling->re-enabling it.
Im surprised you microphone is even working.
I havent been able to get my mic to function since i bought it.
It just automutes as soon as i power on the headset, and i cant get it unmuted.

Old 01-27-2020, 02:25 PM
TrainWreck44's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1033002
TrainWreck44 Reputation: 10

Wow how can it be 2020 and still having the same issue 2 years later. I mean the work around works but its so annoying, for something so simple.