The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2015, 06:28 PM

POST ID # = 756054
Kahnoboy Reputation: 10
Default H75 Compatibility issues.

You state that the Corsair H75 is compatible with the AM2/3+ socket motherboards but it really isn't. At the very least it's not very well made. While it has the supporting brackets. The standoffs are not compatible with the board.

In my AM3+ board the Backplate screwmounts stick slightly through the holes in the motherboard, this means that the standoffs will be equally raised from the motherboard and hence won't/wouldn't be secured to the motherboard.

I solved the issue by using washers between the backplate and the backside of the motherboard. However, these washers were not included, so i had to buy them extra, not that they are expensive. But i would assume all parts necessary to install the cooler would be delivered with it.

I'm a bit dissapointed that you haven't tested this yourselves. And i can't find any videos showing how to install the H75 on AMD motherboards, only the Intel installation is shown and then they reference to the AMD installation with "you use AMD's already installed backplate". But that certainly wasn't the case now was it.

Don't advertise compatibility where there is none/slim. You should either include washers to squeeze between the backplate and backside of the motherboard (which wasn't the easiest task in the world), or remove the whole notion of AMD compatibility.

Other than that the cooler worked great when installed. Just pissed me off that i had to stop mid-way during installation realising the standoffs didn't fit.

Cheers!

Old 01-26-2015, 12:51 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 756200
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

That's my mistake, the video is mine. The H60, H80i, and H100i all use the existing AMD mount while the H75 does indeed require you to remove the existing mount and install its own.

That said, there's supposed to be a little bit of give before you actually tighten the block into place. The backplates are supposed to stick out just slightly; again, when you tighten everything, it's secure.

Washers not required.