Corsair Community

Problem with Corsair Vengaence Pro rgb 3200mhz 2x8gb (BLUE SCREEN)

ruffpablo

Hi, im new in the forum. First of all, excuse me if my English is not the best, I'm from Chile. I hope this goes here.

Well, I recently bought 2 corsair ram: Corsair Vengaence Pro rgb 3200mhz 2x8gb.

Also I have an intel core i5 9400f, motherboard Msi MPG Z390m Gaming EDGE AC, Msi geforce GTX 1660 ti gaming X and Windows 10 PRO 64 bits.

The problem starts when I activate the XMP profile and the memories work at 3200 mhz and 1.35v. Most of the time everything works fine, but from one moment to another an error appears: An a blue screen about Recovery (Error code: 0xc000000e). I attach photos for you to see for yourself.

This has happened repeatedly and the only way to skip this is to turn off the computer from the power button case. Then, the system starts as if nothing had happened.

I have the BIOS updated to its latest version and all drivers too. I have removed the memories and put back. I have formatted my SSD and installed windows 10 again. Nothing worked for me.

I think it is a topic of memory configuration and I have come to this forum to ask for help, please.

Thank you!

https://ibb.co/MGRhsqm

https://ibb.co/XjwRVDK

20200109_205626.thumb.jpg.b34adf88efd219f209bd4e0f96d240fb.jpg

20200109_205425.thumb.jpg.fd1a9a07d817ccd83545f794b6618d01.jpg

I am not sure 0xc000000e is a memory triggered BSOD, although Microsoft is always a bit cryptic about these things. Usually memory issues will have something like "IRQL is not less or equal" and may result in a freeze rather than a true blue screen. A quick google suggests this is some kind of drive configuration issue, but not one I am familiar with. Did you have a hard freeze first and then the BSOD screens later?

I am not sure 0xc000000e is a memory triggered BSOD, although Microsoft is always a bit cryptic about these things. Usually memory issues will have something like "IRQL is not less or equal" and may result in a freeze rather than a true blue screen. A quick google suggests this is some kind of drive configuration issue, but not one I am familiar with. Did you have a hard freeze first and then the BSOD screens later?

The first times the screen froze on desktop, the mouse pointer could move, but if you pressed something everything was static, and then the first blue screen ( ":(" SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION) appeared, the computer would restart and jump to the second blue screen (Recovery 0xc000000e). The last few times only shows the last blue screenshot.

Edited by ruffpablo

It is possible you had a RAM crash, forced a restart and it corrupted Windows. This is possible and something to be aware of whenever overclocking the RAM. However, it should have been resolved when you reinstalled Windows.

I would try some of the troubleshooting suggestions that comes up when searching that specific error. The basic ones like running SFC /SCANNOW from the desktop Command Prompt or using the Windows Recovery menu to get to the Advanced Start-up screen and "Start-up repair" are easy and low risk, although I am not sure scannow has ever fixed anything for me.