Corsair Community

Hydro Series™ H100i RGB PLATINUM 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Hello everyone,

so I am considering purchasing the "Hydro Series™ H100i RGB PLATINUM 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler"

I have some questions.

First, my current fans in my case are Corsair HD120 fans, will the fans that come with the new CPU cooler work along with my HD120 fans or will I have to have all my fans matching?

Next, my current RGB connections are all connected to my Commander pro can the new fans that come with the cooler connect to the commander pro or do they need to connect directly to the motherboard?

Next, What does the Liquid mean? Do I need to have a full liquid cooling set up for this to work?

also, will this cooler work along with my current CPU? which is an Intel I7 7700

Thank you for your help!

Edited by Tilteroni~

The fans for the h100i platinum plug into the cables off of the pump head. The RGB also plugs into the cables off of the pumphead. Then you connect a usb cable to the pump head and then to a usb2 header of your m/b.

This is a closed loop liquid cooler. So there is liquid in the h100i platinum. It does not require service as it is a closed loop.

It will work fine with your cpu. The fans you have will work fine, although they won't match what comes with the h100i platinum. The fans that come the h100i platinum are the ML120 fans. You cannot mix rgb fan types on the rgb hub. So leaving the fans that come with the h100i platinum plugged into the cables off the pump is more desirable I believe.