Corsair Community

Extremely pissed off about the Void Wireless

nafeasonto

This is the SECOND headset I got. Because I had to replace it.

1. The range is atrocious, it loses signal if I go into my kitchen which is literally NEXT to my computer. The DONGLE is even on the TOP of my case so it gets max signal.

2. The headset keeps dropping out now, even when I using my computer with my headset.

3. The firmware REFUSES to update "Connect headset using USB cable." IT IS. It refuses to start or even do the update.

WTF is happening?

• 3 weeks later...

I think you have possibly some interference from other items in the house/nearby. If your so close to the kitchen, the microwave is a killer for wireless transmissions including wifi.

Have you tried moving the PC to another room altogether, reset both the usb/headset so they are paired up in the new room, then try walking around listening to music.

I think it just may be your headset.

I can walk 10 feet from my computer to lay down on my bed, and stream a movie to my projector (and use the headphones).

However, I don't start to have issues until I walk downstairs, and move around a bit. If I'm under my room, then it'll work but other then that. It's eh.

So just like @Lightningpete said, it could also be interference. My old G930s always had interference...They were mainly wired since they couldn't work properly on a wireless connection. Other then that, it's the headset itself.

Archived