Corsair Community

I would like to temporarily suspend automatic profile switching

Maugris

I have just purchased a Strafe Mk.2 RGB keyboard, and this is my first time using iCUE

I have created "just a few" profiles that automatically engage when certain windows are open.

This makes it difficult to create/edit new profiles.

Is there an easy way to suspend automatic profile switching?

Currently, I export the profiles and delete them while working on the new one.

Once I have more than "just a few", this will get tedious.

If there is not currently an option to suspend auto profile switching, where best to submit the suggestion for future versions.

--

Temporarily deleting the Program Link is probably a less extreme way of resolving that. Exporting and deleting will do the same anyway, plus remove profile or background icons. However, any profile being edited should stay open while it’s being edited and their shouldn’t be any profile jumping until the relevant program comes into focus. Of course the simplest solution is to not link the profile being created until after you’ve finished the creation process.

• 5 weeks later...
Temporarily deleting the Program Link is probably a less extreme way of resolving that. Exporting and deleting will do the same anyway, plus remove profile or background icons. However, any profile being edited should stay open while it’s being edited and their shouldn’t be any profile jumping until the relevant program comes into focus. Of course the simplest solution is to not link the profile being created until after you’ve finished the creation process.

I'm assuming OP is having the same problem as me where profiles linked to programs don't stay open when you try to edit them. Is there a way to resolve this?

Profiles shouldn’t change while editing, unless you click outside the app, loose focus, and thus you return to your default profile. If this is necessary for whatever reason, drag the profile you are working on the top of the list to make it the default (for any non-linked profile) or temporarily remove the program link and do the same. Edited by c-attack