Corsair Community

iCUE not listing motherboard devices

n0ahg

Hi,

I have a gigabyte z390 m gaming and iCUE doesn't list any of the motherboard sensors or fans. This is a new build running Windows 10 Pro 1903 and containing the following hardware.

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming

i7-9700k

RTX 2060 FE

16 GB Vengeance LPX

RM650i PSU

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling iCUE, and I have tried different tools such as gigabytes own SIV and the sensors and fans show up as expected.

I am hold off buying a h115 pro until I can get the software working properly.

Pic attached

Thanks

Ray

icue.JPG.57e5955770e38b1b5089bae0246be095.JPG

Edited by n0ahg
Qualify why I need this resolved

Try deleting the motherboard entry from the dashboard, restart the service through the settings panel, then re-add it through the drop down > system info menu. However, be aware iCUE is not the native software for your motherboard and it not likely to provide the same level of information, just as GA SIV is not going to control your GPU fans or PSU settings.

I have removed and added the motherboard entry in the dashboard quite a few times and uninstalled and reinstalled icue many times. I was considering getting a commander pro and h115i pro but without the motherboard sensors I'll give it a miss :-(

Motherboard sensors are reported from the CPUID SDK. Do you see any of these sensors in HWMonitor 64, which uses the same SDK?

Yes HWInfo64 works perfectly, and gives all the info. HWMonitor only lists memory usage under the motherboard section so it looks like CPUID SDK isn't reading all the sensors.

I think we are getting somewhere, thanks for the pointers. I have sent a report to CPUID.

Edit, I was getting HWMonitor64 mixed up with HWInfo64 :-/

HWInfo64.JPG.19d25f31d45811a70916a5030df9225a.JPG

HWMonitor.JPG.8a2a629fd4a65d71ed920ba285b49c9c.JPG

Edited by n0ahg

... and HWInfo is a completely separate tool and not based on the CPUID SDK.

Exactly, that's why it allowed us to pinpoint the error to the CPUID SDK and is why I've logged a report with CPUID. :-)

• 1 month later...
Any update on this issue as the latest release of iCUE doesn't resolve it and no motherboard sensors or fans are displayed in the dashboard motherboard panel? I can't wait any longer to buy my water cooling gear for my build. Do I chance that Corsair will ever resolve this issue or do I spend my money elsewhere and dump the corsair gear I have already bought? My finger is hovering over the purchase of the Hydro X kit but I need the software to work with my motherboard (which was released in OCTOBER!) Edited by n0ahg