The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #76  
Old 08-21-2014, 10:55 PM
wytnyt's Avatar
wytnyt wytnyt is offline
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Posts: 8,108
POST ID # = 724008
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfiddler View Post
Hi,

I have the H80i and purchased the additional kit with cables so I can plug in two more fans into the pump head. After upgrading to this software no fans would show up. I tried unplugging the usb from the pump head and they still did not show up. I reinstalled the link software and tried various things nothing worked. I ended up unplugging the usb cable from the motherboard and plugged it into and another usb connection on motherboard and started up the machine and everything is now working great so far.
there likely was a device such as a mouse,kb,ect that interfered with the hydro on that usb port...
__________________
My 4930k Air 540 Custom Loop Build Pics
http://s39.photobucket.com/user/wytn...?sort=3&page=1


  #77  
Old 08-22-2014, 12:04 AM
MojoVersion8 MojoVersion8 is offline
Enthusiast
MojoVersion8's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 183
POST ID # = 724016
MojoVersion8 Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
actually theres no reason to be able to configure the pump as its a set speed.,,,
you are able to configure other items such as the fans ,thermals,ect...,,right?
it's not really about configuration (again cosmetic) when you change the "device type" you only get 1 different configuration field but it changes the icon appropriately, for instance attached is what my system looks like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg system.jpg (287.4 KB, 210 views)


  #78  
Old 08-22-2014, 10:06 AM
MrPromaster MrPromaster is offline
Registered User
MrPromaster's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 6
POST ID # = 724063
MrPromaster Reputation: 10
Default all readings set to zero

1. v2.7.5339
2. Windows 8.1 x64
3. all readings from device are zero and a whole new set of a devices are added again with readings
4. after spending ages organising my fans and pump i restarted my pc to find that those device now show zero for their valves. in addition the device have been added again so now i have double the number of device i.e. two cpus, two gopu, two h100i. i cant be bothered to set up it up again
5. see attachments
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (185.3 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg Group.JPG (127.6 KB, 221 views)


  #79  
Old 08-22-2014, 10:16 AM
WizzyThing WizzyThing is offline
Registered User
WizzyThing's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 61
POST ID # = 724065
WizzyThing Reputation: 10
Default

This problem is known and has not been adressed so far, it's by far the most annoying bug in tge software.


  #80  
Old 08-22-2014, 12:04 PM
wytnyt's Avatar
wytnyt wytnyt is offline
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Posts: 8,108
POST ID # = 724072
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPromaster View Post
1. v2.7.5339
2. Windows 8.1 x64
3. all readings from device are zero and a whole new set of a devices are added again with readings
4. after spending ages organising my fans and pump i restarted my pc to find that those device now show zero for their valves. in addition the device have been added again so now i have double the number of device i.e. two cpus, two gopu, two h100i. i cant be bothered to set up it up again
5. see attachments
ive seen this issue many times and its usually a connected usb device interfering be it from the m/b header or a connected usb device...
__________________
My 4930k Air 540 Custom Loop Build Pics
http://s39.photobucket.com/user/wytn...?sort=3&page=1


  #81  
Old 08-22-2014, 07:50 PM
CircuitWizardry CircuitWizardry is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 107
POST ID # = 724110
CircuitWizardry Reputation: 21
Default

Regarding my post that Corsair should produce a list of known working configurations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
while that would give us a vague idea of working components,once but one item was installed it would make such a test scheme ineffective.
Are you trying to say that this is not useful, because you can't list all the components involved? This is easily possible. It would go a long way to determine if there are issues. This is the first step when you have issues with some components. The fact that Corsair would resist doing this, tells me that the list they could produce, is likely pretty small.

I couldn't bet a setup with a ASUS Rampage IV black, Win8.1, and an H100i, with a single NVidia 780Ti to work correctly. The keyboard and mouse were using standard HID drivers, so if that is an issue, Corsair has huge problems. But I was just stuck blindly trying things, and Corsair support was of little help, as all they could do was ask me to uninstall, and reinstall. They didnt' know what might be causing my issue.

You really don't think a list of tested configs might help? Really?

Quote:
this is what i think most companies face,they test their products but its virtually impossible to know exactly what software or hardware will be added and used by the user...,even something as a usb device can change things dramatically.
Sorry, but I work for a major manufacturer designing computer hardware. I have seen remarkably few conflicts between USB devices, when they conform to the specs. Are you trying to say that Corsair's Link products don't really conform well to USB, and therefore are the real problem? This I might believe.

Saying that because a user might have something else conflict, so a list is not of utility, is pretty defeatist. So far, I tried to use some Corsair Link products, and ended up returning the stuff. I might try again as a customer, but not blindly without assurance that it has been tested and at least first order bugs are taken care of!

I'll say it again, "The fact that Corsair would resist doing this, tells me that the list they could produce, is likely pretty small."


  #82  
Old 08-22-2014, 08:03 PM
wytnyt's Avatar
wytnyt wytnyt is offline
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Posts: 8,108
POST ID # = 724113
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircuitWizardry View Post


Are you trying to say that this is not useful, because you can't list all the components involved? .

You really don't think a list of tested configs might help? Really?



"
please actually read my post before making assumptions based on your own ideas...
__________________
My 4930k Air 540 Custom Loop Build Pics
http://s39.photobucket.com/user/wytn...?sort=3&page=1


  #83  
Old 08-23-2014, 03:31 AM
LeRoy3rd LeRoy3rd is offline
Registered User
LeRoy3rd's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 49
POST ID # = 724143
LeRoy3rd Reputation: 20
Default

When using color cycling with four colors on my h80i or lightning nodes connected to my Link Commander Mini, every time I switch profiles and come back to the one with four cycling colors, the first color reverts to black for all LEDs. :-(

-LeRoy3rd


  #84  
Old 08-23-2014, 11:40 AM
ozzy1925 ozzy1925 is offline
Registered User
ozzy1925's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 78
POST ID # = 724168
ozzy1925 Reputation: 16
Default

corsair link doesnt read any 12v,5v or 3.3v numbers for my ax1500i.The numbers are just stuck at default values.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg link.jpg (410.4 KB, 195 views)


  #85  
Old 08-23-2014, 08:24 PM
CircuitWizardry CircuitWizardry is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 107
POST ID # = 724242
CircuitWizardry Reputation: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
please actually read my post before making assumptions based on your own ideas...
I did. The bad sentence structure, lack of punctuation, and misspellings just make it impossible to make sense of your post.

Exactly where and what did I assume? Your post is typical of your other postings around here. You seem very interested in defending Corsair, and tend to believe most everyone else just doesn't seem to understand how to install software. Yeah... that's everyone's problem with Link. Not!

There is a lot of value in Corsair posting tested and confirmed configurations. Your point has been that this is of little value. I disagree.

Corsair has seriously tarnished their name with me. I will not buy anything from them that relies on software, as they have shown a big inability to deliver what they promise when it comes to software. I don't think I'm alone in this thought process. If they want to repair some of that damage, they'll need to do more than they have been. Right now, their latest software update, is more of the same... Months waiting, for a couple fixes, with many known bugs not addressed.


  #86  
Old 08-23-2014, 09:43 PM
Technobeard's Avatar
Technobeard Technobeard is offline
Bearded Corsair Employee
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,288
POST ID # = 724248
Technobeard Reputation: 68
Default

wytnyt: He wasn't attacking you. We do ask in the rules that everyone post in full and complete sentences.
__________________
“Humor is reason gone mad.” - Groucho Marx
"I suggest a full frontal assault with automated laser monkeys, scalpel mines and acid." - Psychotic potato dwarf
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, especially simian ones. They are not all that subtle." - Terry Pratchett


1 members found this post helpful.
  #87  
Old 08-23-2014, 10:07 PM
wytnyt's Avatar
wytnyt wytnyt is offline
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Posts: 8,108
POST ID # = 724249
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
wytnyt: He wasn't attacking you. We do ask in the rules that everyone post in full and complete sentences.
there wasn't any mis-spellings,i dont capitalize nor add periods or apostrophes and such simply because i feel its an unnecessary step in order to understand.i use an on screen keyboard and these are my shortcuts.
perhaps I should so some understand that words such as wasnt actually means wasn't.
__________________
My 4930k Air 540 Custom Loop Build Pics
http://s39.photobucket.com/user/wytn...?sort=3&page=1


0 members found this post helpful.
  #88  
Old 08-24-2014, 05:31 AM
Speed's Avatar
Speed Speed is offline
Johnsonized
Speed's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 364
POST ID # = 724271
Speed Reputation: 10
Default

Well, in all actuality, this is a complex area of technical topics. Being clear is difficult enough when punctuation is used. You may not feel that it is necessary, because you know what you are saying. We, on the other hand, do not have insight into your thought process, so must rely upon the written word in order to unambiguously understand. As a result, we read these posts, not only by yourself—others do the same—so I'm not singling you out, and have to re-read them, parsing and re-parsing as we go, to try to insert the punctuation where it may make sense and then think we understand what is meant. Therefore, it really is necessary. Sometimes, I just move on.

You provide a lot of good help around here. It'd just be better if that which you write were easier to read and less prone to misunderstanding.
__________________
Why can people not get the difference between:
"then" and "than" | "you", "your" and "you're",
"bear" and "bare" | "break" and "brake",
"to" and "too" | "there", "their" and "they're"?


1 members found this post helpful.
  #89  
Old 08-24-2014, 07:49 AM
axiun axiun is offline
Registered User
axiun's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 30
POST ID # = 724275
axiun Reputation: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPromaster View Post
1. v2.7.5339
2. Windows 8.1 x64
3. all readings from device are zero and a whole new set of a devices are added again with readings
4. after spending ages organising my fans and pump i restarted my pc to find that those device now show zero for their valves. in addition the device have been added again so now i have double the number of device i.e. two cpus, two gopu, two h100i. i cant be bothered to set up it up again
5. see attachments
Same set up and same issue here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
ive seen this issue many times and its usually a connected usb device interfering be it from the m/b header or a connected usb device...
What could be interfering? Two things have changed in my system recently. First is the version of the link software and the second is I connected the oculus dk2. I disconnected the oculus and the issue remains.


  #90  
Old 08-24-2014, 12:06 PM
wytnyt's Avatar
wytnyt wytnyt is offline
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Posts: 8,108
POST ID # = 724287
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
Well, in all actuality, this is a complex area of technical topics. Being clear is difficult enough when punctuation is used. You may not feel that it is necessary, because you know what you are saying. We, on the other hand, do not have insight into your thought process, so must rely upon the written word in order to unambiguously understand. As a result, we read these posts, not only by yourself—others do the same—so I'm not singling you out, and have to re-read them, parsing and re-parsing as we go, to try to insert the punctuation where it may make sense and then think we understand what is meant. Therefore, it really is necessary. Sometimes, I just move on.

You provide a lot of good help around here. It'd just be better if that which you write were easier to read and less prone to misunderstanding.
Alot of what you've said I can agree with but many times there's several factors determining my response and overall reply structure such as interruptions from kids to fatigue to even admitting down right laziness by using a OSK.
I also understand it gives some an excuse to being belligerent when they don't agree with the topic on hand,yet lack a valid response .
When replying to someone,its hard to judge a users skill level by simply reading a few words from them so I try to keep everything as blunt and simple as possible as there's users from all skill levels here ,yet all are adamant in their beliefs and opinions and all insist at being correct.
Quite frankly,if someone were spending their time trying to help me or debate a topic on hand,I honestly wouldn't critique their lack of capitalizing a word or lack of a comma,but again some tend to use it as fuel when disagreeing .
Now that were discussing faults,allow me to bring one to light,when answering or replying in posts try to make your reply's understandable to average users as many of your ''words'' you choose just fly over peoples heads including mine ,so I too choose to skip over your posts sometimes.
I understand poor grammar can be confusing but the other end of the spectrum can also be .
__________________
My 4930k Air 540 Custom Loop Build Pics
http://s39.photobucket.com/user/wytn...?sort=3&page=1


Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.