The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 01:36 PM
batcrave's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639710
batcrave Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrannosaurus View Post
My 4 HDDs are represented. What I'd like to change is my OS SSD. Here the temperature is shown as difference from 100°C, in my case 76°C, which is irratating and pointless in my view. Is there a trick to change this to normal temp reading?
This appears to be an issue specific to the drive's reporting. I've got the same model (a 128GB), and the reading shows up the same way - not only in Link, but also in Open Hardware Monitor. This seems to be the way the drive reports the temperature via SMART (where normalizing other ratings to 100 is fairly common), so I'm guessing that it'll take a fix on Corsair's part to deal specifically with drives that use this sort of reporting style.

Count me in as another who'd like to see a change or workaround in this, though. Aside from being confusing to look at, it also doesn't look like controlling anything based on the reading will work as expected without special handling... Not that I have anything for Link to control that would impact my drive temps.

-Bats

Old 03-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Skeeterslint's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639732
Skeeterslint Reputation: 10

I have been running the new software on windows 8 Pro 64 bit and I still have the same issues I had with my led's not wants to switch color by temp some will work others will just sit at one color and I have one that will go red even though red isn't even one of the three colors I have chosen for it.I have done clean installs of the software twice and deleting everything I could find connected to it, even tried turning off the power supply to see if that gets things working but as of yet it hasn't.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Rassal's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639733
Rassal Reputation: 10

Delete profiles? Can anyone tell me where the profiles are stored?

I checked in Documents and i found an empty Corsair folder there...

In Program Files (x86) i also found only an empty Corsair folder...

Anywhere else i should look?

Old 03-12-2013, 04:23 PM
tyrannosaurus's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639738
tyrannosaurus Reputation: 10

@batcrave
Even if they don't fix it, in my view this is a minor issue compared to mess of BSODs before and the uncounted hours of error seeking (Ok, I'm dramatizing a bit now). As I use Aida64 for temp monitoring, I don't really need that feature, though it seems to be the first edition with exact temp readings.
So until now, I'm happy if it stands the test that persistent HDD accesses are stopped and the AX1200i fan control is working now.
Still not feeling like installing IRST.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:42 PM

POST ID # = 639741
bommie Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rassal View Post
Delete profiles? Can anyone tell me where the profiles are stored?

I checked in Documents and i found an empty Corsair folder there...

In Program Files (x86) i also found only an empty Corsair folder...

Anywhere else i should look?
c:/user/userx/appdata/roaming/corsair , if i remenber right

Old 03-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 639748
COOL GUY Reputation: 20

I have a few questions for anyone having an issue with the LED on your Hydro I series product.

What firmware version are you using? 1.00, 1.04, or 1.05?
Does the LED device icon show up on the main tab at all?
Is it a specific color that does not work or does it not display any color at all?

Old 03-12-2013, 05:30 PM
batcrave's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639756
batcrave Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrannosaurus View Post
@batcrave
Even if they don't fix it, in my view this is a minor issue compared to mess of BSODs before and the uncounted hours of error seeking (Ok, I'm dramatizing a bit now). As I use Aida64 for temp monitoring, I don't really need that feature, though it seems to be the first edition with exact temp readings.
So until now, I'm happy if it stands the test that persistent HDD accesses are stopped and the AX1200i fan control is working now.
Oh, I agree completely. Hopefully this (the normalized 840 temp display) won't be an issue for more than a relatively small number of cooling/lighting node owners, and there are far worse things that could be (and have been) wrong with the software.

Personally, I never noticed any trouble with my AX1200i fan - although I've rarely run it hot enough to actually hit the automatic trigger. It would be nice to see custom fan curves for it, though - like those it offers for my HD7970's fan - as idling at a very low speed would help my airflow (or I could just get a decent case for a change)... But I'd rather the time were spent improving the power readings and getting OCP working (not I'd feel entirely comfortable trusting it at this point, without seeing some far more detailed explanations and tests).

On the whole, I'm a lot happier with this release - now that the constant drive polling is fixed and the amperage displays are (somewhat) better, I actually have both the ability and a reason to run it regularly. That's not to say that it's beta-ready just yet, but it's a fair step in the right direction.

-Bats

(I also wouldn't mind seeing a way to control the AX*i fans from other software, but somehow I can't imagine that's on the roadmap)

Old 03-12-2013, 05:42 PM

POST ID # = 639760
tastyhouse Reputation: 10

Confirmed that the software doesn't fix the cooling node issue (1.2.5) with the fans making the whirring noise at anything less than max rpm.

Guess we have to wait for a cooling node firmware fix for that.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:44 PM

POST ID # = 639761
bommie Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL GUY View Post
I have a few questions for anyone having an issue with the LED on your Hydro I series product.

Is it a specific color that does not work or does it not display any color at all?

red isnt working , its black when asking for red, you need to unuse the red tab the have colors working , more than 50 % or more of red color colors will not work
im using 1.0.4 , try 1.0.5 same results with red color
Does the LED device icon show up on the main tab at all? -> yes with the right color but doesnt show it on the CPU block

Last edited by bommie; 03-12-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:49 PM
TheEdge_'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 639764
TheEdge_ Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL GUY View Post

HI Cool Guy

i am running 1.05 LED device is showing in the main tab and there is no color at all

Last edited by TheEdge_; 03-12-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Banned
robandcathy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639766
robandcathy Reputation: 10

So after installing this on win8 I get temps, my 4 video cards are recognized, one of my 3 hdd is recognized (of course the corsair one lol) but I don't not have any lighting options or cooling options like some of the pics have shown. I never even attempted to install the link on win8 so this would have been a clean install. So im assuming its bricked from way back when. Any thoughts, I all ready tried most of the stuff I suggest to people, except downgrading cuz of bsod's.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:02 PM
Skeeterslint's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639767
Skeeterslint Reputation: 10

My LED issue is with the lighting kit LED's, I only have an H80 not the I model I should have put that in my post seeing as others were having issues with the I series coolers.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:39 PM

POST ID # = 639773
fonta Reputation: 10

It looks like the new version is breaking more than fixing :(
Today I received my cooling and lightning kit, and it took me hours to find out that this new version breaks the automatic led changing according to the temperature.
I uninstalled this version and installed 2.2.0. Now the automatic changing DOES work.

Also: this new version asks for permission to run. The version 2.2.0 doesn't.

Last edited by fonta; 03-12-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:17 PM
TLBradbury's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639777
TLBradbury Reputation: 10

While I have no specific knowledge of why it now asks permissions when it didn't before, I strongly suspect that it has to do with the change in architecture.

The Sierra2 service no longer exists, and they have to have a way to communicate with the system somehow. Since the whole thing now resides on the user client side (including the new, hidden CorsairLINK Hardware Monitor), I think Windows security is simply intercepting the call and doing its job to make sure everything is OK.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:54 PM
snfo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639786
snfo Reputation: 31

My H100i LED is working well
It changes with temperature
v1.0.5

Last edited by snfo; 03-12-2013 at 07:59 PM.