Corsair Community

whats the difference

anthrussell

hi guys, i'm just about to buy a new h100i cooler in white, then i noticed on 1 website there are 2 different versions but both say exactly the same in the descriptions underneath, price is only £5 difference also, whats the benefit in one over the other if there is 1, both links to part , only differnce i can see is one says argb and the other just rgb. i not clued up to the difference https://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-hydro-h100i-rgb-platinum-se-240mm-aio-hydro-cooler-cpu-cooler-2x-120mm-ll120-white-fans Vs

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-hydro-series-h100i-argb-platinum-se-240mm-all-in-one-hydro-cooler-cpu-cooler-2x-120mm-ll120 i see the part number is different by 1 digit CW-9060041-WW and CW-9060042-WW

Edited by anthrussell
added product code

Good question. This is the first time this has been mentioned and both product numbers are listed independently on the website as well. I have asked, but on a weekend and in the middle of the holiday, an immediate response is not too likely.

There were some revisions made to the SE. I do not know if the part number is a reflection of that or something more basic like including a revised AMD bracket or similar. If you have to buy right now, I would go with the higher SKU number and eat the 5 pounds as insurance.

All Platinum coolers had individually addressable pump LEDs and all LL fans the same. It must be something else and I think that is classic careless labeling on the vendor end. Corsair does not market their stuff as ARGB. The xxx41 version says "Scan exclusive". Maybe that's all it was -- first release model for them in the UK. However, that brings up back around the original point and revisions.

yeah i see the difference in argb and rgb but in the description further down on both, its says addressable , so not sure why they are titled as different at all.

thats what i was wondering c-attack, if there was a difference for boards as mine is an amd or maybe cases, just wanted to make sure before i buy it and have the piss about of sending it back due to a slight change

I have not heard back from Corsair directly, but the consensus is the __41 model was the model given out to the exclusive first release sellers. Other retailers got the ___42 at a later date. They are given different model numbers for tracking. Don't want unauthorized people selling it in the contractually agreed exclusive sale period. Looks like that was Scan UK and Microcenter (US). Everyone else sells the 42. Not sure why Scan sells both.