Corsair Community

MSI Mystic Lighting is hijacking Corsair CUE! Can't work it out.

Hi everyone. This is my first post.

I have 4 Corsair RGB LED strips connected to a Lighting Node Pro. The Lighting Node Pro is connected directly to one of my motherboard USB 2.0 headers. I am also using a Cooler Master MasterCase H500P (non-mesh) which has 2 200mm RGB fans up at the front. These fans are controlled by the JLED header on my motherboard. I also have an RGB GPU, the Zotac 1080TI Amp! Extreme, the lighting on which is controlled by Zotac's FireStorm utility.

The FireStorm utility doesn't cause me any issues as it is only capable of controlling a GPU. Corsair's CUE doesn't give me any issues. The only issue I have is that once I set all of my lighting in my CUE software (K70 RGB Strafe, Void Pro Wireless RGB headset, ST100 RGB Headset stand) it works fine... Right up unitl I open or even start the MSI Gaming App to control my motherboard and 200mm fan LEDs. As soon as the program is opened or run, my Corsair strips immediately default to the Rainbow Wave pattern.

I have force killed the MSI app, and the lights stay in the Rainbow Wave pattern. I have been into the CUE software and tried to set all my strips back to my preferred colours, but as soon as I leave the CUE app, the strips default back to Rainbow wave. The only way I seem to be able to re-enable my own colour and lighting schemes are by deleting them all within the CUE software, and re-doing them. Quite annoying.

Nothing else in my system is affected. My keyboard, headset, headset stand, motherboard, and front fans all stay the colour that I set them as, but the strips refvert back to default and often refuse to do what I want them to without a full system shutdown.

Once I have everything set up, it looks great, but I can't seem to open the MSI gaming app without it hijacking my CUE software for my RGB strips.

I have hunted through the settings for both the CUE and MSI software but I can't find anything that seems to be wrong. Is there something that I am missing? A hidden setting somewhere? Surely I must be able to deny the MSI software access to my Corsair lights?

I have repeatedly emailed MSI about this issue but they haven't replied.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

EDIT: All of the firmware for all of my Corsair devices is up to date. I have just managed to get my corsair lights doing what I want them to do, but after 5 minutes they changed back to default. I haven't even started the MSI app this time.

Edited by danonymoosecat

• Corsair Employee

Hi buddy,

The Mystic Light issue needs to be resolved by MSI. If it's trying to seize control of our devices, they need to whitelist our products on their end.

For the edit, I believe this may be related to a known issue. Are you setting the LED's to a static color? iCUE has a bug where static lighting effects are lost after a few seconds. Instead, set the to a Color Shift profile, and change the color hex value to something that's one digit off (these are the values directly next to the color box). That will get you around the bug while still giving the appearance of a static light.

I wonder if this is what is causing the issues in my DRAM sticks. I have Corsair RGB Ram (2 8GB sticks) Cue has never seen both sticks. It has seen one at the most. The one that is not seen is RED and the Corsair one is whatever I set it as in Cue.

• 6 months later...

I came across a similar issue with Mystic Light over riding CAM software, I randomly was messing around with the mystic light settings and found that if you set the components lighting to color cycle for it's RGB setting it actually passed through my CAM setting if that makes sense.

Hopefully it might help you, I just stumbled across this (quite old) thread now.

• 4 months later...
I came across a similar issue with Mystic Light over riding CAM software, I randomly was messing around with the mystic light settings and found that if you set the components lighting to color cycle for it's RGB setting it actually passed through my CAM setting if that makes sense.

Hopefully it might help you, I just stumbled across this (quite old) thread now.

THANK YOU! I created an account just to thank you for this. I have a couple of T-Force RGB RAM stick and they have software that controls the RGB called BLITZ. Once I installed MSI's Dragon Center and then the Mystic Light to control the RGB on both the motherboard and my GPU, one RAM stick would enable all lights and flash extremely fast like a strobe light and the other stick would work just fine. I just spent 3 hours trying to figure this out, knowing it was Mystic Light causing the issue.

Anyways, your workaround worked flawlessly for me. Now all my RGB is working together like a charm!

(Sorry for bumping an old thread, but hopefully this can help others.)

Yes! Setting all Mystic Light to RGB then individually setting my MB lighting to the colors I wanted, then restarting iCue and I had control of those silly Corsair Vengence RGB DRAM sticks! Thanks guys!!!

What a stupid thing to have to do to work around this! I'm sure some future patch will make it not work.

• 4 months later...