Corsair Community

Voyager Air Release 2.3 Now Available

Yellowbeard

Voyager Air Android App Release 2.3

Version 2.3.1

October 28, 2014

Compatible with Android v2.3.7 and above.

Android 4.x (and above) is strongly recommended.

This app release was developed to accompany Release 2.3 of the drive firmware. It is compatible with both the Voyager Air and Voyager Air 2 drives.

What is in this Release:

1. Bug fixes related to Google Drive support

2. Compatibility fixes for the iOS 8 version of the app

Remember to also download and install the Release 2.3 version of the drive firmware (version 2.3.0) from Corsair’s website (http://www.corsair.com/download).

I have been in despair trying to get the firmware on my Voyager air corsair 1 TB, ( on opening on the pc it shows the download is there, but it does nothing when I turn on the wireless) tried following instructions but don't know now what to do. Downloaded but don't know where this mythical root folder is, have tried various places like on the top of list of items on the drive, also into the drive icon, also in a file on the bottom of the contents, I have the new OS app on the ipad, but the ipad does not 'see' the drive wireless. If someone could tell me in simple language what to do, I would be grateful.

regards

terry

I have exactly the same problem. I am currently running 1.2.8 on the Voyager Air and the latest app on the iphone and ipad. I'm pretty technical so I thought I was just missing something until I read this. I am able to wirelessly connect or LAN connect to the Voyager but all I get is a page showing Voyager Air settings. There is no automatic checking of the firmware from what I can see and I have set up internet passthru. When I enable the USB I can see the three user partitions I have set up but no access to the "root" directory. I know the USB has to be dissed for wifi to work but again you do not get access to any folders. My voyager is now a bog standard USB disk ......

Sorry I needed to add I can only wirelessly connect from my laptop, both of the IOS apps say " No drive detected" and references I may need a firmware update, as I said this is the missing link , how on earth do I get the update onto the Voyager ???

I need a little help for a most irritating problem with my Voyager air 1 TB wireless hard drive. It currently has firmware number 1.2.7 currently on itI have downloaded all available firmware from Corsair website but neither of these work I have tried to put the earliest one on the hard drive although I cannot find this mysterious to root file to put the firmware in, never the less I have put The firmware in The hard drive. my iPad with the latest app does not see the wireless on the hard drive, the hard drive wireless light does not flash as is supposed to after the new firmware is in it. I believe that I need an earlier firmware following my current one this I cannot find anywhere on the Internet or on the Corsair site, so what to do now, my last option is to pay a PC engineer to have a go, this I will have to do if I get no response from anybody regards Terry

PS

I have asked for help a few times and no response, perhaps it my fault in that I am not tech savvy, so I have to take a chance and add my email address in the slight chance someone will reply to it!

Edited by Technobeard

I need a little help for a most irritating problem with my Voyager air 1 TB wireless hard drive. It currently has firmware number 1.2.7 currently on itI have downloaded all available firmware from Corsair website but neither of these work I have tried to put the earliest one on the hard drive although I cannot find this mysterious to root file to put the firmware in, never the less I have put The firmware in The hard drive. my iPad with the latest app does not see the wireless on the hard drive, the hard drive wireless light does not flash as is supposed to after the new firmware is in it. I believe that I need an earlier firmware following my current one this I cannot find anywhere on the Internet or on the Corsair site, so what to do now, my last option is to pay a PC engineer to have a go, this I will have to do if I get no response from anybody regards Terry

PS

I have asked for help a few times and no response, perhaps it my fault in that I am not tech savvy, so I have to take a chance and add my email address in the slight chance someone will reply to it!

I'm curious in to how you have managed to put the firmware in. Looking at the screen you are supposed to get if the connection/software is working properly, there are a set of folder options on the left hand side, whereas I don't have any. As you have said if you can't access the root folder or find it I don't se how you could have upgraded it successfully. I suspect from what I have read is that you need to know what version of firmware is compatible with the current IOS app, as it is likely 1.2.7 is too old now ........:sigh!:

Edited by Technobeard

To update the firmware from 1.2.X to 2.X.X

Download Firmware 2.0.17 here

http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/External-Storage/Voyager-Air-Firmware-v2_0_17.zip

Firmware 2.0.17 Install instructions

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/download-files/manuals/voyager-air-2/Voyager%20Air%20Firmware%202017%20Readme.pdf

Follow the instructions carefully before performing the firmware update. While it's not required, i'd highly suggest you backup your data in case anything goes wrong. After the firmware update from 1.2.X to 2.X.X, you can then update the VA's firmware to the latest.

The root folder of the drive is basically the drive without any subfolders opened.

E.g. D:\ is the root "folder".

D:\New Folder is not the root folder.

If the drive still does not update, Make sure you have the Voyager Air plugged into the included wall adapter as it will not start until it is plugged in.

If you have a Voyager Air 2 and it's on FW 1.2.8, you will need to find a wall adapter for it. (Output 5V 2A) or contact Customer service and explain your current problem.

HI there,

First generation voyager air:

I used to have my voyager-air connected (hardwired) straight to my ethernet (effectively acting as a NAS). The problem is, after the update, the ethernet port of the voyager seems to be "dead". Also, passthrough over ethernet does not work. The blinking lights at the network jack into the voyager are blinking just fine (doesnt seem to be hardware failure).

I can connect wirelessly to it (with its own internal 192.168.77.1 schema) and that works fine (with the APP to watch movies, etc).

Even if I look for the MAC address of the Ethernet interface of the voyager (80:7b:1e:01:21:10) on my network: its simply not there. It never seems to get a dynamic IP from my network.

By the way, was there ever an option to manually set the wired ethernet IP address of the voyager?

is this a deleted functionality?

Any ideas?

thanks!

here is some basic info from my unit:

Drive firmware: 2.3.0

App version: 2.3.0

MAC (Wireless): 00:0e:8e:46:5a:02

MAC (Ethernet): 80:7b:1e:01:21:10

MAC (Wireless Passthru): 80:7b:1e:11:21:10

Firmware revision: 1239795

To update the firmware from 1.2.X to 2.X.X

Download Firmware 2.0.17 here

http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/External-Storage/Voyager-Air-Firmware-v2_0_17.zip

Firmware 2.0.17 Install instructions

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/download-files/manuals/voyager-air-2/Voyager%20Air%20Firmware%202017%20Readme.pdf

Follow the instructions carefully before performing the firmware update. While it's not required, i'd highly suggest you backup your data in case anything goes wrong. After the firmware update from 1.2.X to 2.X.X, you can then update the VA's firmware to the latest.

The root folder of the drive is basically the drive without any subfolders opened.

E.g. D:\ is the root "folder".

D:\New Folder is not the root folder.

If the drive still does not update, Make sure you have the Voyager Air plugged into the included wall adapter as it will not start until it is plugged in.

If you have a Voyager Air 2 and it's on FW 1.2.8, you will need to find a wall adapter for it. (Output 5V 2A) or contact Customer service and explain your current problem.

Yes, I'm aware of what a root folder is, however what I haven't got is access to it !!!!

@daubermann

Restart your modem/router and Voyager Air and see if the Voyager Air can get a new IP.

Also try changing the network port and see if that helps.

@j1ngles

What operating system are you using?

You can access the drive via the USB cable through Windows Explorer if you are on a Windows PC.

Hi Toasted,

I have probably same problem like "j1ngles" .

1. I have updated app on android and IOS devices.

2. I can connect to voyager via PC, and copy new firmware to its root

3. My Android and IOS devices can connect to HDD via WIFI

4. but applications (on IOS and andr. too ) cannot connect to HDD

5. what can i do ? how can i upgrade firmware on HDD when I can not connect from application ?

thank u :) :cool:

Hi Toasted,

I have probably same problem like "j1ngles" .

1. I have updated app on android and IOS devices.

2. I can connect to voyager via PC, and copy new firmware to its root

3. My Android and IOS devices can connect to HDD via WIFI

4. but applications (on IOS and andr. too ) cannot connect to HDD

5. what can i do ? how can i upgrade firmware on HDD when I can not connect from application ?

thank u :) :cool:

Not Toasted, but I noticed you didn't mention trying to update via the Web client from your PC. Did you try that? The instructions for the firmware update refer to updating either using the app or Web client.

I believe - could be wrong - since you already updated the apps to 2.3 they won't work with the old firmware that's still on the drive.

I updated via the Web client with no problem. I just followed the instructions about disconnecting USB, reconnecting, etc.

Hope this helps.

Guys,

Seem to be going round in circles here. The only issue I have is that I cannot connect wirelessly to the Voyager from my IOS devices. I can connect via wireless from my laptop or via usb/LAN from my desktop. I have 2.1.0 app running on the IOS device and 1.2.8 on the Voyager, The simple problem is that I cannot flash the firmware on the voyager from the IOS APP or the web browser as I cannot access the root drive. I did not have this problem when I bought it as I have upgraded it. My files are all there but effectively this is a bog standard USB disk now. Corsair need to pull their finger out here .....

I'm curious in to how you have managed to put the firmware in. Looking at the screen you are supposed to get if the connection/software is working properly, there are a set of folder options on the left hand side, whereas I don't have any. As you have said if you can't access the root folder or find it I don't se how you could have upgraded it successfully. I suspect from what I have read is that you need to know what version of firmware is compatible with the current IOS app, as it is likely 1.2.7 is too old now ........:sigh!:

I know the current voyager air firmware is 1.2.7 on the drive

1. I have updated app on ipad

2. I have connected voyager air to pc with usb cable and copied lowest firmware available to root ( 2.0.17 )

3. I disconnect safely the drive, take out the usb cable switch it on then wait for wireless flashing, but never flashes.

don't know what else to do, I have accessed the voyager air via the ipad I am able to wirelessly connect or LAN connect to the Voyager but all I get is a page showing Voyager Air settings, this page shows me the current firmware is 1.2.7, bottom left showing 'not connected to wireless'

I don't want to break any rules here, this is a hard one to find info on

I have a concern regarding plugging in the voyager air to my Zenbook below,, twice I have done this and doing so has caused it to die, first time Asus replaced the laptop, second time they replaced the motherboard, (Last week ) my question is, I want to go abroad with laptop and Voyager and am extremely wary, have you any idea why this happens, or have you come across this before, and is there a sequence of plugging in EG power off first, plug in to USB 3 then turn on after????

Asus UX301LA Laptop, Intel Core i7-4500U 1.8GHz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 13.3" Touch

If your Voyager Air is on FW 1.2.8, the new Voyager Air app will not work with the Voyager Air as it needs to be on FW 2.X.X

@j1ngles

What do you mean you cannot access the root drive? Connecting the drive to the computer via USB does not allow you to access the drive? Have you tried connecting it via Ethernet?

@terryob

You need to plug the wall adapter + charging cable for the Voyager Air before updating the firmware as FW 1.2.8 requires it before the update starts.

• 3 years later...