Corsair Community

Top fan mounting on Crystal Series 570x

nalan9

Hello all,

I just completed my first build (VERY EXCITING)!! To help with my question my specs are as follows; Tower: Crystal Series 570x, CPU: Intel i5 96k, Motherboard: Asus 365 rock Phantom, PS: RM 850x, CPU Cooler: H115i Pro, and GPU: MSI GTX 1660. There was little to no room to mount the cooler on top of the tower. I removed the provided fan's and their mount from the front and placed the cooler there. Now I am unable to mount the factory fans on the top. I cant seem to find slots where the screws can fit. Can I mount the fans without the provided fan mount? Will I need to purchase a new fan mount to get them into the case? Is it advisable to run the tower with only the CPU cooler? Could I have some how fit the cooler on the top of the tower without a fan mount? Thanks for any help in advance I greatly appreciate it!

Hello all,

I just completed my first build (VERY EXCITING)!! To help with my question my specs are as follows; Tower: Crystal Series 570x, CPU: Intel i5 96k, Motherboard: Asus 365 rock Phantom, PS: RM 850x, CPU Cooler: H115i Pro, and GPU: MSI GTX 1660. There was little to no room to mount the cooler on top of the tower. I removed the provided fan's and their mount from the front and placed the cooler there. Now I am unable to mount the factory fans on the top. I cant seem to find slots where the screws can fit. Can I mount the fans without the provided fan mount? Will I need to purchase a new fan mount to get them into the case? Is it advisable to run the tower with only the CPU cooler? Could I have some how fit the cooler on the top of the tower without a fan mount? Thanks for any help in advance I greatly appreciate it!

Firstly, I don't believe to 570x can fit a H115i up top. As per the specifications in the manual, you can only fit a 240mm radiator up there and the H115i is a 280mm.

As for your fan mounting questions, I'd love to try and help you out but, I'm unsure what the 'fan mounts' are you keep mentioning/moving. Any chance you could upload some pictures so we can help assist you?

Also, take a look at my 570x build photos in the link below and see if it makes more sense to you. Note; this is for the mirror black edition but, the basic concept is still the same. As they say, "a picture can paint a thousand words".

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=186171&highlight=570x

Is there any way I can get the fans mounted to the top of the tower?

It should be as simple as holding the fans up top and then screwing the fan screws in from above the case using the pre-drilled fan mount holes (after you've removed the top glass and dust filter). Is it not?

The case should accept a maximum of 2 x 120 mm OR 2 x 140 mm fans up top as per page 5 of the manual.

Edited by Johnny_B500

h115i will fit in the top case of 570x. I had both a h115i and a 280mm radiator in the top of my 500d SE RGB which uses the same fan tray setup. You will not likely be able to do a push-pull setup in the top of the case because of motherboard clearance, but you should be able to get it in there. It does look like a tight fit, but it will work.'

-usna92

h115i will fit in the top case of 570x. I had both a h115i and a 280mm radiator in the top of my 500d SE RGB which uses the same fan tray setup. You will not likely be able to do a push-pull setup in the top of the case because of motherboard clearance, but you should be able to get it in there. It does look like a tight fit, but it will work.'

-usna92

I have to admit, when I was looking at my 570 last night, it appeared to have plenty of room width and length wise. The only potential issue I could see might be RAM clearance. With my H100i, I have literally millimeters between the radiator fans (LL120's) and the top of my Vengeance Pro RAM so, push pull is definitely not happening.

Thanks for the help! Iv already mounted the H115i radiators on the front of the tower, and CPU. Is it advisable to move it at this point? If I can do this were to do this I can still mount the factory fans to the front with ease?

Personally I ditched the factory fans because I already had a set of LL120's when I bought it. I just ordered some HD140 RGB fans for the front to mount to my EVGA 280. So that way I have RGB up there as well.

So @nalan9 you could always add those fans to the front mount and do a push/pull setup. That way you get RGB and still can use the fans that came with the H115i. Just a thought.