Corsair Community

Have issues? Unofficial FAQ and Quick Fix Guide

Inheritance

I understand your pain. It's certainly a right royal b***s up, but this was posted only 4 days ago:

I understand some of your frustrations - I would feel the exact same way when I'm in your shoes. That said, while the pitch may sound like a broken record at this point, our monthly updates have resolved a large number of the nagging issues. The big issues like colors, lights freezing, etc. is very soon. I've already distributed a beta build with the USB issues partially resolved and in the next beta, we should the full implementation of the fix. We've learned a lot since then and while it sucks to wait, you all do have Corsair's gratitude for sticking with us.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh god... the software is starting to annoy me... the LED´s freeze, the software is crashing all the time and most of the time it doesnt even detect the keyboard and now the lights are completely dead...gosh the keyboard itself is literally a dream but i will prolly send it back since i feel like im not allowed to enjoy the keyboard because of this crappy software... Edited by Dourflamingo19

oh god... the software is starting to annoy me... the LED´s freeze, the software is crashing all the time and most of the time it doesnt even detect the keyboard and now the lights are completely dead...gosh the keyboard itself is literally a dream but i will prolly send it back since i feel like im not allowed to enjoy the keyboard because of this crappy software...

not the thread to whine in, go away.

• 2 weeks later...

My keyboard continually boots to the rainbow default, instead of the profile that is saved to memory. It's so frustrating. If i don't use my computer for 8+ hours, then when i boot it won't load the profiles. It's the same with my mouse. I've tried other 3.0 ports on my motherboard and changing the polling rates on the keyboard, but still nothing.

Is there going to be a firmware update that fixes these issues soon? I've also noticed keys being "stuck" when pressing them in games. Although the physical key is released, the character will still be moving in the direction of the key that was pressed.

Also, not to split hairs. But can we expect the update to 16 million colours any time soon? This keyboard is a beast, but I'm having incredible software issues and it doesn't seem like corsair really care about it. I'm thinking of returning it, to be honest...

I used to have most of the issues (long boot times, crashing, CUE crashing, capslock freezing, Steam/games freezing). Not anymore - I did two things:

1. I bought a USB PCI-E card for like 15$ just stuck it in, plugged keyboard and it worked (even without any additional drivers). I guess the problem was in power supplied through the motherboard. This things takes its juice directly out of PS through a molex plug.

2. I ran the profile cleaner that one of users here made (can't remember the name though) to remove duplicate actions/lightings that were unused by profiles as the abundance of those made CUE unresponsive. The way CUE handles them while importing profiles is atrocious (not to mention clicking hundreds of update/copy windows)

Now I have no problems.

I guess Corsair should just stick a USB PCI card/HUB in the box with the keyboard.

EDIT: Or maybe a compatibility list with mobos

I've got the M65 RGB mouse but I've run into a problem with it. When I close or minimize the CUE the lighting effects don't appear to work. I've tired changing the polling rate and saving the profile to the device memory and it doesn't seem to have made a change.

I've got the M65 RGB mouse but I've run into a problem with it. When I close or minimize the CUE the lighting effects don't appear to work. I've tired changing the polling rate and saving the profile to the device memory and it doesn't seem to have made a change.

set the profile to default if thats done go to the little CUE icon, right click, and select Auto profile switching.

hey guys...will clear usb cache on windows is recommend to fix freeze, my 95 have been insert on all usb on mainboard and chasing but still freeze, on guide i should try usb hub or plug to new usb port..since i;ve already used them all but still freeze...

PCIE card is the one we plug to one of the slot in mainboard? if thats the case i dont have any slot on my pc..im using digitalstorm bolt 2 with asus maximus vi mainboard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My ASUS UEFI/Bios is up to date. My K95 white backlight is plugged into a USB 3.0 port. My M95 mouse is plugged into the K95. In the control panel of Windows 8.1 full, the devices and printers screen clearly shows the names of the keyboard and the mouse. In the device manager itself, the keyboard listing shows several "HID compliant" keyboards. I deleted all of them, unplugged the keyboard from the 3.0 ports, plugged them back in and the HID "stuff" came right back. I downloaded the K95 and M95 software and did the install process with the appropriate firmware updates. I've been reading through the forums looking for advice before posting. The individual software packages for the keyboard and the mouse both work each on their own BUT the CUE software still says no device found. I find the whole thing odd that Windows 8.1 knows the names of the devices but uses generic device drivers and that some Corsair software can find the devices and update the firmware but the CUE software is unable to do so. In reading the posts in different forums, it's clear that I'm not alone in struggling to understand what is happening. I see that Yellowbeard always returns to the 2.0 vs. 3.0 response and that the other common response is outdated drivers and bios updates. Neither of those solutions has helped my situation. What am I missing or not understanding? My system specs are entered in the forum for those who care to look.

My ASUS UEFI/Bios is up to date. My K95 white backlight is plugged into a USB 3.0 port. My M95 mouse is plugged into the K95. In the control panel of Windows 8.1 full, the devices and printers screen clearly shows the names of the keyboard and the mouse. In the device manager itself, the keyboard listing shows several "HID compliant" keyboards. I deleted all of them, unplugged the keyboard from the 3.0 ports, plugged them back in and the HID "stuff" came right back. I downloaded the K95 and M95 software and did the install process with the appropriate firmware updates. I've been reading through the forums looking for advice before posting. The individual software packages for the keyboard and the mouse both work each on their own BUT the CUE software still says no device found. I find the whole thing odd that Windows 8.1 knows the names of the devices but uses generic device drivers and that some Corsair software can find the devices and update the firmware but the CUE software is unable to do so. In reading the posts in different forums, it's clear that I'm not alone in struggling to understand what is happening. I see that Yellowbeard always returns to the 2.0 vs. 3.0 response and that the other common response is outdated drivers and bios updates. Neither of those solutions has helped my situation. What am I missing or not understanding? My system specs are entered in the forum for those who care to look.

Um. CUE is only for RGB keyboards. the regular K95 and M95 mouse usese some other software.

"1. Go to your main mode and under assignments set the first key (Left Ctrl) in the macro to mode switching. Use Direct mode selection and pick the second mode, Check While pressed, and Uncheck Apply setting to same button at the bottom."

on the K70, the direct mode selection doesnt work, mode jumps back to the first mod instantly after it changes to another mod (without me letting the key go).. any ideas?

"1. Go to your main mode and under assignments set the first key (Left Ctrl) in the macro to mode switching. Use Direct mode selection and pick the second mode, Check While pressed, and Uncheck Apply setting to same button at the bottom."

on the K70, the direct mode selection doesnt work, mode jumps back to the first mod instantly after it changes to another mod (without me letting the key go).. any ideas?

Thats a known bug their working on fixing it.

• 2 weeks later...
Um. CUE is only for RGB keyboards. the regular K95 and M95 mouse usese some other software.

Is this the same for the k65 as well? I cant find software for it anywhere on the website. Is it not possible to create macros and remap the keyboard to use them?

I would like to have 2 modes on the same profile but there is a problem. In the profile I have an emp mode which has a ripple effect and I just added in a new mode which is a heartbeat monitor with reactive typing. I would like the two effects to be seperate (I have them on different M keys emp is M1 and heartbeat is M2) from each other but whenever I put the heartbeat mode in the emp profile the heartbeat mode uses the emp ripple effect in place of the reactive typing and when I put the emp in the heartbeat profile the emp gains reactive typing in place of the emp ripple effect but I just want to be able to keep the two in the same profile with all of their effects separate from each other so I don't have to keep switching profiles.

I would like to have 2 modes on the same profile but there is a problem. In the profile I have an emp mode which has a ripple effect and I just added in a new mode which is a heartbeat monitor with reactive typing. I would like the two effects to be seperate (I have them on different M keys emp is M1 and heartbeat is M2) from each other but whenever I put the heartbeat mode in the emp profile the heartbeat mode uses the emp ripple effect in place of the reactive typing and when I put the emp in the heartbeat profile the emp gains reactive typing in place of the emp ripple effect but I just want to be able to keep the two in the same profile with all of their effects separate from each other so I don't have to keep switching profiles.

the reactive typing and ripple effect are both set in the Profile. So you cant have both one or another.