Corsair Community

[Software] IdleKey - Dim / Edit the lighting of your Keyboard when it's not in use!

Hello @TheNyJan!

It is great to hear you exploring and trying to fix this lockscreen issue. Sadly, I have discovered another issue. Scenario: I am currently playing Dragon Age, which I have a profile for it "DAI" but even when I am playing the game, IdleKey will take affect and go to my idle profile "HeartBeat." Then I believe the program realizes the computer is not in idle model and will within 1-2 seconds switch back to my DAI profile without me doing or touching anything. Also, same thing happens if I am using my xbox controller to play Dragon age.

Oo Also your temp. fix for the lockscreen issue is really not going to work for most cases because I have my default "Heat Reactive Profile" and for my idleKey I use my "HeartBeat Profile" so I really can not have two of them on my onboard memeory ;(

Thank You in Advance

Nice to hear from you again ^^

Yeah, as I already stated above, the lockscreen issue is unfixable (for me), since it is handled by the cue software which I have no influence on. Corsair has to fix this, sorry.

The other issue is quite strange, it (obviously) shouldn't behave like this at all. I think I have an idea how to work that out, and it would be great you could test my build when it's worked out ^^

I'll pm you when I'm done.

Rgds

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey theace,

could you please try playing Dragon Age with the custom input checker enabled (it's new in version v1.2)? Maybe that helps. IdleKey should no longer react to Controller Input, and this should also (hopefully) fix the issue when playing normally. Also I added a function to show off the issue with the lockscreen. Enable the session lock mode in the debug options (you need to assign a profile to "LockedModEXE.exe" first!), hold down your Windows key until the profile changes (IdleKey is now in locked mode) and then you can lock windows. As you can then see, it will switch back to the onboard profile, no matter what I do. After unlocking windows, you can see how IdleKey detects the unlock and switches back the profiles. It's just not possible to work around this. Sorry! Bug I hope I can help with the DA issue.

Thank You So Much! Yes, it seems like Dragon Age and other games are working correctly! Great Work! What is next to come @TheNyJan?

Hey theace,

could you please try playing Dragon Age with the custom input checker enabled (it's new in version v1.2)? Maybe that helps. IdleKey should no longer react to Controller Input, and this should also (hopefully) fix the issue when playing normally. Also I added a function to show off the issue with the lockscreen. Enable the session lock mode in the debug options (you need to assign a profile to "LockedModEXE.exe" first!), hold down your Windows key until the profile changes (IdleKey is now in locked mode) and then you can lock windows. As you can then see, it will switch back to the onboard profile, no matter what I do. After unlocking windows, you can see how IdleKey detects the unlock and switches back the profiles. It's just not possible to work around this. Sorry! Bug I hope I can help with the DA issue.

Thank You So Much! Yes, it seems like Dragon Age and other games are working correctly! Great Work! What is next to come @TheNyJan?

Hey theace,

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi there guys. Please help me to figure it out how to make my corsair keyboard rainbow effect when I afk and static green when i touch any key or mouse. Im trying to do with guide setting 1st profile with rainbow eff and linking to the profileEXE1 and setting 2nd profile with green to the TriggerEXE and as a default one in CUE. But this not working.. colors doesn't change when I afk for 1 min or even 10 (set 1 min in IDLE). Im pretty new with all the stuff and little brainless with this :D

• 1 month later...

Hi,

First of all thanks for your job working very well.

But since i upgrade to windows 10 (build 10240) i got this error and the program is not working.

Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage

juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\IdleKey\config.ini' est refusé.

à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)

à IdleKey.frmMain.newConf()

à IdleKey.frmMain.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

à System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

à System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************

mscorlib

Version de l'assembly*: 4.0.0.0

Version Win32*: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

IdleKey

Version de l'assembly*: 1.0.0.0

Version Win32*: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Corsair/IdleKey/IdleKey.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Gma.UserActivityMonitor

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Corsair/IdleKey/Gma.UserActivityMonitor.DLL

mscorlib.resources

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************

Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette

application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur

jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.

L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage

activé.

Par exemple*:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées

seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur

plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.

.net FRAMEWORK 2.0, 3.5 and 4.6 installed.

Any ideas ?

i have tried with Compatibilty mode windows 8 and 7 with admin right still this error.

Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage

juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Le module spécifié est introuvable

à Gma.UserActivityMonitor.HookManager.EnsureSubscribedToGlobalKeyboardEvents()

à IdleKey.frmMain.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

à System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

à System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************

mscorlib

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

IdleKey

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Corsair/IdleKey/IdleKey.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Gma.UserActivityMonitor

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Corsair/IdleKey/Gma.UserActivityMonitor.DLL

System.Windows.Forms.resources

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

mscorlib.resources

CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************

Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette

application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur

jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.

L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage

activé.

Par exemple*:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées

seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur

plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.

If I use IdleKey to switch to a 'blackout' profile, is there a way to also set the numlock to off (and turn it back on when the keyboard/mouse is moved and switch back to my normal profile)?

Because when the keyboard back-light is off I want all indicator light (numlock, caplock, scrolllock) to be off too.

If I use IdleKey to switch to a 'blackout' profile, is there a way to also set the numlock to off (and turn it back on when the keyboard/mouse is moved and switch back to my normal profile)?

Because when the keyboard back-light is off I want all indicator light (numlock, caplock, scrolllock) to be off too.

i don't think u can switch off the numlock etc keys off, as they are essential indicators, think corsair mentioned they cannot be disabled/changed colors somewhere.

HTH.

Hi,

First of all thanks for your job working very well.

But since i upgrade to windows 10 (build 10240) i got this error and the program is not working.

.net FRAMEWORK 2.0, 3.5 and 4.6 installed.

Any ideas ?

I too am getting this error. I just hit continue and the program launches but it doesn't seem to be working. I went through the setup again and still no dice.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd just like to echo what some others have said regarding windows 10-- When I load the program I get the following error message (previously posted in French, I believe, so for the English speakers, I repost it here)

************** Exception Text **************

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified module could not be found

at Gma.UserActivityMonitor.HookManager.EnsureSubscribedToGlobalKeyboardEvents()

at IdleKey.frmMain.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.6.96.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

IdleKey

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Dave/Documents/Idlekey/IdleKey.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Gma.UserActivityMonitor

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Dave/Documents/Idlekey/Gma.UserActivityMonitor.DLL

The program then gives me an option to continue into the program, at which time the program boots normally. However, I am unable to force the profiles to switch automatically-- it doesn't seem able to run the transition properly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why would this program try to contact ip address 5.196.26.58 out of port 80 frequently? I don't see a need. Also, I have Windows 10 and have the same experience as others. It would be nice for this to be resolved or, if you no longer have interest in this project, could you make it open source so that one of us can pick up where you left off?

Thanks

I get the same error since Win10.

right after the windows start. I can click on continue or end. If i click on continue, the idlekey programm opens and i can click on enable and it works.

Same here, please fix it...this message error is annoying

Thank you for the job! Great software !