Corsair Community

iCUE (MacOS) Now Available as Open Beta!

Corsair James

Maybe rethink your stance on supporting the Hackintosh. I think you'll find a large percentage of your peripheral users are part of the Hackintosh community. I have never met a Mac Os user who uses Corsair products that is not part of the Hackintosh community. My job has me working with 100s of artists over the years who primarily or exclusively use Mac OS. Having hardware profiles is enough when not using Windows.

I agree a 100%!

• Corsair Employee
I'm not going to run behind corsair tech support for days to do something that basic. I just need the K63 FW file and I'm good.

These files are nowhere to be found online so i'm not sure what's going on here. Why does the iCUE software on Windows tell

me I'm using the latest version then? What a mess.

If you are using K63 Wireless, its available on the server. If you are using K63 Wired, then this keyboard is not supported with our firmware yet.

• Corsair Employee
Maybe rethink your stance on supporting the Hackintosh. I think you'll find a large percentage of your peripheral users are part of the Hackintosh community. I have never met a Mac Os user who uses Corsair products that is not part of the Hackintosh community. My job has me working with 100s of artists over the years who primarily or exclusively use Mac OS. Having hardware profiles is enough when not using Windows.

Incorporating Hackintosh support isn't just enabling DIY products, we would need to revisit how macOS would support these products because its so different from Windows (i.e., Windows Service is how we control pumps, dram, etc. but this is not possible on a mac). At the moment, we just want to focus on the official systems, gauge the feedback, and then decide how best to move forward.

If you are using K63 Wireless, its available on the server. If you are using K63 Wired, then this keyboard is not supported with our firmware yet.

I use the wired version of the K63, so thanks for clearing that up. I know the BETA is still in a relatively early stage so I'll be patient. Thanks for the work

so far though, I appreciate it. You guys should add the firmware updater to the Mac OS version as well, that would make life so much easier.

Incorporating Hackintosh support isn't just enabling DIY products, we would need to revisit how macOS would support these products because its so different from Windows (i.e., Windows Service is how we control pumps, dram, etc. but this is not possible on a mac). At the moment, we just want to focus on the official systems, gauge the feedback, and then decide how best to move forward.

I wanted to refresh my H110 with a newer model here soon since it will be 5yrs old in May, the pump has become noisy. Will a newer model Corsair AIO not work with a system that runs multiple OS? I don't want the fans to run at 100% and would like to be able to set a device profile for the RGB. Once I set a fan and pump curve, I don't often change them.

iStat menu reads CPU Temp and frequency using intel power gadget. To run a Hackintosh, you have to use either FakeSMC or VirtualSMC(new). FakeSMC has plugins that pass hardware data to the user and even has a program that runs in the menu bar that gives you all that data and lets you control fan speeds. I've not tried VirtualSMC, I believe it also passes data. Why isn't it as simple as creating a daemon that reads the data and dynamically controls the fans based on temps. RGB control shouldn't be any more difficult than the mouse and keyboard.

This is amazing, thank you so much for bring this back. I did a fresh install a while back and never saved my install package so moved on to CKB-Next which worked fine but now, wow you guys did a swell job here. I'm holding on to the installer this time around!

I was just about to buy a pair of headphones and I think Corsair is back on the menu now.

K70 RGB and M65 PRO RGB working flawless here. Cheers!

Tip for M65 PRO users, I set the sniper button to the keystroke shortcut for Mission Control, DPI up to Notifications and DPI down to Show Desktop. Enjoy!

It's working great for me and my Dark Core SE on 10.14.2, but no luck with the K65 RGB, is support for the K65 coming or are you only planning to support the K63?

Thanks a lot for bringing support to macOS, the open source hacked up alternative by a third party never worked properly for me on macOS, but their Linux implementation worked well. Speaking of which, any support for Linux coming also in the future?

i have K95 platinum RGB and mac high sierra 10.13.6 (17G65) ..

the iCUE does not see my keyboard, however it works normal on the default system on Mac but in ICUE ( no device detached )

please help me

Gemy, repeated posts are only going to get you in trouble with the admins.

It also helps to read the FAQ at the beginning of the thread, which states that you have to update the firmware on your product to a 3.xx firmware (using Windows) before it can work on OSX.

On a brighter note, my Harpoon RGB updated to 3.08.

Now I just need the K95 RGB (still at 2.02).

Come on K95 RGB... Come on K95 RGB... No Whammies... No Whammies... STOP!

Edited by me262

So I just bought a K70 LUX today and only Mac. So just to that I am clear, there is no way that I can use iCUE until there is a released way to update the firmware *without* a windows machine???

Any other options at all in this case? are there any steps (in layman's terms) that I can use, in the very off chance that I run into a windows machine (perhaps there's one at work that I can use) to get the firmware update?? sorry for the dumb questions - first time Corsair and nonWindows user here. Any information would be really useful thanks!

Gemy, repeated posts are only going to get you in trouble with the admins.

It also helps to read the FAQ at the beginning of the thread, which states that you have to update the firmware on your product to a 3.xx firmware (using Windows) before it can work on OSX.

On a brighter note, my Harpoon RGB updated to 3.08.

Now I just need the K95 RGB (still at 2.02).

Come on K95 RGB... Come on K95 RGB... No Whammies... No Whammies... STOP!

hello

already update my keyboard Firmware v.3.21.7168 in windows but when test in MacOs got it Not Detected .. please any hep

I was excited to see the iCUE software available for OSX. I have a dual boot Windows/OSX system that I'm building. I recently purchased 32GB of Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4, Lighting Node PRO, HYDRO Series H115i Platinum, and 2 LL140 RGB fans. Today, I was sick to read this -

2.) Why does iCUE for macOS not support DIY products?

We use Windows Service to control DIY products and we also use CPUID SDK to do so. Unfortunately, neither of these are compatible with macOS at this time. We are looking at alternative methods but as most people are using macbooks and mac desktops, we don’t think there is a strong enough demand yet to support DIY with users who have Hackintosh’s. However, we are carefully monitoring feedback as well as investigating how to improve the overall experience when it comes to device support.

Does this mean it will be impossible to control Corsair RGB through the iCUE OSX App? If so, are there plans to implement this? Thank you.

2.) Why does iCUE for macOS not support DIY products?

We use Windows Service to control DIY products and we also use CPUID SDK to do so. Unfortunately, neither of these are compatible with macOS at this time. We are looking at alternative methods but as most people are using macbooks and mac desktops, we don’t think there is a strong enough demand yet to support DIY with users who have Hackintosh’s. However, we are carefully monitoring feedback as well as investigating how to improve the overall experience when it comes to device support.

Does this mean it will be impossible to control Corsair RGB through the iCUE OSX App? If so, are there plans to implement this? Thank you.

It is possible. With enough coding and resources, it's certainly achievable. Corsair is probably not willing to put a person on this full time, especially when they

1) have to rewrite firmware for 95% their products

2) find a way to start the iCue service up when OSX boots/user logs in (Windows Service is kind of a cop-out, but I get it, I had to work around it in a .Net Core app as well, but windows services is much easier to do in that tech).

3) Code around a windows only SDK.

It makes sense for them to not support a Hackintosh right now. Apple has gone to great lengths to pick and choose what components go in their systems, and as such offers streamlined system performance because of it (think that's just the cost of parts you pay for? you also pay for the R&D that went into it). You get into unsanctioned hardware and drivers then things get really messy.

That's a shame; I'm hoping you will find your way this direction, as the K95RGB is a GREAT keyboard with much potential to offer Linux/UNIX developers.

I second that wholeheartedly. I'd love Linux support, but I'll settle for OSX, it's a small stepping stone to Linux afterwards.

What I'd really love right now is K95RGB support on OSX (firmware 2.0x here).

CKB-Next doesn't require updated firmware and currently supports more devices. Why do you need CPUID to control RGB on fans? Am I understanding correctly you can not use a corsair AIO cooler outside of a booted windows environment? Edited by davidbdeath