Corsair Community

Will it be able to setup Vengeance RGB 3000 C15 as 3200 C16?

vincentpride

Hello guys!

I'm looking forward to building the following spec:

• Gigabyte B450-I Aorus Pro Wifi
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

I want to use 3200 C16 RAM (2x16GB), but unfortunately it's out of stock in my country, so the only option I can use is 3000 C15 one (CMR32GX4M2C3000C15)

Will I be able to set it up as 3200 C16 with minimal hassle on this motherboard, with automatic XMP detection for example? Anybody got similar build and can confirm?

Thanks in advance!

The CMR32GX4M2C3000C15 will only have a XMP for their specification at DDR4-3000. You can however try to manually overclock them to DDR4-3200.

It might also be a good idea to check compatibility beforehand, since not all Vengeance RGB models are suited for AMD platforms.

The CMR32GX4M2C3000C15 will only have a XMP for their specification at DDR4-3000. You can however try to manually overclock them to DDR4-3200.

Thanks! From what I could gather 3000 C15 has enough overclocking headroom, so manual setup to 3200 C16 is generally expected to work? Would be happy to confirm it works well for somebody with B450 motherboard.

It might also be a good idea to check compatibility beforehand, since not all Vengeance RGB models are suited for AMD platforms.

Are there any potential compatibility issues I should be aware of?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 2x8 CMW16GX4M2C3000C15 kit (these are Vengance RGB PRO, not Vengance RGB with CMR suffix you post) and run them at 3200 C15 with my 2700x and ASUS X470-f, no problems. Any faster than 3200 and I start getting memory errors. Running Thaiphoon Burner software shows these sticks have Hynix CJR memory. DRAM Calculator for Ryzen software used with data pulled from memory modules using Thaiphoon Burner will help in setting up RAM OC timings for any RAM modules that are OCed beyond XMP/DOCP specs and also tighter timings at XMP/DOCP spec speeds. Using these two pieces of software is very easy. Timings are entered manually into BIOS after running both programs to get timing data.

Ryzen 3000 series processors have the better memory controller where even 3600 speed may be possible with 3000 and 3200 spec modules. I'm limited with the 2700x to 3200 MHz.

dont get these what ever you do they say its a samsung but from resurch shows its a very poor quality chip possibly b die rejects that if your lucky will do advertised speed i had to pump over 1.55v to get mine to 3000mhz get the cl 14 version running at 3600mhz

sad day death of dominator platinum rgb ver 4.32 worst on the market not everyone is only concerned with flashing lights

Ver4.32 are not B-Die, but Samsung 8Gbit C-Die instead. They can actually reach high frequencies with low voltages and tend to not like higher voltages in general, which they react to with negative scaling. Their sweet spot usually is in the 1.3V to 1.35V range. A typical overclock is DDR4-3600+ 18-20-20 with Zen2 or DDR4-4000+ 19-23-23 with CFL at 1.35V or less.

further resurch has confirmed they are indeed c die samsung but be warned i quote samsung these chips are not compatable with x99 style platform and are designed for low powerd laptops not above 1.2v very poor product

8Gbit Rev.C ("c-die")

Characteristics: Negative scaling has been observed above 1.2V on ambient, but did 3466 18-20-20 (tested using a SODIMM + adapter by /u/brutuscat2). Full-size stick with four x16 ICs did DDR4-4500 at loose timings on intel, and booted nearly 4000 on ryzen 1K.

Found on: Only OEM sticks so far.

Platform preferences: Issues reported on X99. Seems to behave well on AMD, and Intel *lake.

Recommended for: Probably pretty low-power, so laptops I guess? Lots of potential for frequency validation.

Edited by cwitty
cut and past info from samsung

That info seems a bit outdated. Retail sticks tend to have a little better voltage tolerance. In general they do scale with voltages over 1.2V, however seldom beyond 1.35V if at all.

Also the ICs are not that uncommon nowadays even with other manufacturers, on 3200 CL16 spec and similar bins at least.

unfortunately. i had a brill set of dominator rog ram that developed a fault and were replaced by garbage cmt32gx4m4c3200c16 ver 4.32 which are utter rubish. mine will ony run at 1066mhz xmp does not work managed to get them to run at 3000mhz but 19-23-23-45 with 1.5v im on intel x299. tested motherboard with a set of g.skill to ensure motherboard is ok and everything tested fine the g.skill was incredible does anyone now how to make corsair ram work properly please help

rum mem tester for 10 min and had 30000 errors

Edited by cwitty