Corsair Community

How much is too much voltage? Dom Plat RGB

brighttail

So as before i have the CMT32GX4M4K3600C16 kit of 4x8GB 3200Mhz series of Dominator Platinum RGB.

My previous version of Special Edition ram I was reading people were reviewing and overclocking safely at 24/7 using 1.45v on the 1.35v kits. With that amount I was able to get it up to 3800Mhz but never felt safe to keep it at that high voltage for the returns I was getting.

With this new RAM i was able to get a solid 4000 MHz running at 1.4v at the settings of 19, 23, 23, 45, 2. RAM Passed 200% of the MemTest, bumped my benchmarks by 14% and never went past 45C in temps.

So the question... 1.4v. Safe to run 24/7? I haven't seen any white papers that suggest a maximum voltage for the Dominator Platinum Kits, tho at the premium price point, I have to imagine that they expect some overclocking done and a .05v doesn't seem excessive to me.

Thoughts? and thanks!

EDIT NOTE... I do plan to try and tighten up those timings if I can. I chose those timings as a starting point as they are standard for Corsair RAM at the 4000MHz level.

Sadly they don't have the Samsung B-die chips they are Hynix H5AN8G8NCJR-TFC 8 Gb C-die (Alius / 18 nm) / 1 die

Edited by brighttail

• 2 weeks later...