M65 RGB Double click bug

Freaxy

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought an M65 Pro RGB on 7/5/16.

I didn't think much of it, but noticed when clicking on drop down boxes, I'd have to keep clicking until it stayed open sometimes.

I'd shrug it off as just an odd occurrence, but it's pretty noticeable everyday now.

I read there was beta firmware available in order to fix this issue and read it was included in 1.19. Has the fix really been included in releases since then?

My M65 firmware is 2.04 with bootloader 0.04.

I tried forcing an update from the server, but nothing newer was available.

Could this be hardware after all?

Edited by Mattan138
Clarification

• 3 weeks later...
I bought an M65 Pro RGB on 7/5/16.

I didn't think much of it, but noticed when clicking on drop down boxes, I'd have to keep clicking until it stayed open sometimes.

I'd shrug it off as just an odd occurrence, but it's pretty noticeable everyday now.

I read there was beta firmware available in order to fix this issue and read it was included in 1.19. Has the fix really been included in releases since then?

My M65 firmware is 2.04 with bootloader 0.04.

I tried forcing an update from the server, but nothing newer was available.

Could this be hardware after all?

Hey, I'm having the same issue... Happens very often when pressing right mouse button.

• 1 month later...

Hi, my M65 PRO RGB has the same issue here. Running firmware 2.04 (CUE 2.4.66) along with a K70 RGB.

Seems to be a rampant issue as per amazon reviews and online discussions. Doesnt seem to have any rhyme or reason - appears to be random on my end.

This is my second mouse that i'm looking to RMA - the first one's middle mouse wheel stopped working and was RMA'ed.

This is basic quality control for consumer goods (especially when talking about 'pro gaming hardware'... you'd think they would have figured it out by now? I take it Corsair is not taking it seriously seeing as this has been an issue for the last few years.

Edited by th3r3n3g4d3

• 1 month later...
This is basic quality control for consumer goods (especially when talking about 'pro gaming hardware'... you'd think they would have figured it out by now? I take it Corsair is not taking it seriously seeing as this has been an issue for the last few years.

Yea some level of quality control would be nice for "PRO" gaming hardware.

Im on my 3rd K70 rgb keyboard and the 3rd one has the same miss colored/unlit keys as the first 2 i just gave up on RMAs and now my M65 has the missing/double click issue

So im looking at a 100% chance Corsair products Will FAIL!

its a shame because they look great and seem to be built sturdy but my record and a quick search shows they are plagued with the same repeat issues

• 1 month later...

I have had the mouse around 8 months and am now getting the same issue.

Sometimes I click and it's fine, Others I click once on and icon and it acts as a double click.

much like someone else mentioned if you hold the mouse button down for a second and release it doesn't do it. but being that this is a high dpi gaming mouse, that's not really helpful. The problem is I don't have my receipt for the product. how do I go about getting it replaced or repaired

Cheers Dan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
I fix it by lifting up the button a bit and then blow air into it a couple of times. Somehow dust gets into it and confuses the sensor.

Too bad since it's otherwise an awesome mouse.

Long time user of the corsair products i was very annoyed to see the mouse having problems.

Your tips helped me to fix it, thanks StArL0rd84. :sunglasse

Hi all, FW 1.19 is now public and resolves the double click issue. If you have the older FW from me, go ahead and proceed with updating it to 1.19 through CUE.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=753775&postcount=1

I can confirm that this issue still exists on firmware 2.06.

I have had this issue after about a month of receiving this unit as a gift (brand new) and it has intermittently been an ongoing problem ever since. I find that slowly clicking it several times will get it to stop for a while.

I've heard others saying this is dust... but my desk is very much dust free. Perhaps the click switches in these mice are just finicky?

• 2 months later...

I am pretty sure i fixed my double clicking issue.

And i hope this can help someone else too.

I opened up the mouse to potentially replacing the micro switch because i thought that to be the culprit. But none of the other similar micro switches had this fault, so after further inspection i found that the little white nylon plastic pieces that makes contact with the switches, did not look exactly the same.

i could see they were designed to be smooth, making a sliding motion over the switch contact when one actuates the button.

But the white nylon plastic in the left click button had a tiny divot in it, causing the action to be bumpy and therefore double clicking.

I carefully smoothed out the plastic with a nail file, reassembled the mouse, and i have not had any involuntary double clicking since.

I am sure this is not the place to write but i dont know where to go. I have a Bloody B820R which has software for making my own animation. I am in love with the corsairs lightning link effect and i need help on either how to make it(video) or you can just send me pictures of all of the frames PLS.

• 2 years later...

I started having the double click issue a few days ago, I've had the mouse for a couple of years so I wasn't too dissapointed but it really ruined my gaming experience so I started looking for answers and fixes. I read all of what's on here and decided to try a few things.

What worked for me in the end was lifting the left mouse cover and blowing into the mouse. For now, it's not double clicking anymore. I've started working in the library since a few weeks ago and have been putting the mouse into a slot on my backpack. I'm assuming that's how something like dust or whatever got into it.

TLDR: double clicking due to dust on the sensor --> fixed by blowing

• 3 months later...

I still haven't found a cure for this. It's been happening for months and I'm about to throw it out as I nearly lost over 30 files because of this. Besides having 30 videos open all at once when selecting them to copy and paste.

This is my second M65 in two years and my last.

When clicking, there doesn't appear to be anything to force the mouse button back other than the durability of the plastic. My first M65 the plastic seemed to change possibly from stress from usage on the right click and was double clicking but as it is the right mouse button it wasn't as troublesome because a double right click doesn't perform an action other than in games.

Edited by dmitche3

I started having the double click issue a few days ago, I've had the mouse for a couple of years so I wasn't too dissapointed but it really ruined my gaming experience so I started looking for answers and fixes. I read all of what's on here and decided to try a few things.

What worked for me in the end was lifting the left mouse cover and blowing into the mouse. For now, it's not double clicking anymore. I've started working in the library since a few weeks ago and have been putting the mouse into a slot on my backpack. I'm assuming that's how something like dust or whatever got into it.

TLDR: double clicking due to dust on the sensor --> fixed by blowing

How did you get the mouse apart to clean? I simply broke my older M65 not caring about it since it was so bad.

Probably many have already mentioned this. But this is quite common in many mice out there, and it's in almost all cases to do with the clicker underneath the button-plate. Sometimes you need to do some surgery.

SOmetimes it's enough with electric cleaning spray, sprayed into the clicking box, click the button repeatedly for some time and that could solve the problem. Have done for me before.

I'm writing this now because my M65 started doing this, and I only had it for like 10 months, which is quite bad but how it is.