View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 04:00 PM
KNP54's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941818
KNP54 Reputation: 10
Default (CL) Intermittent Black screen with Intel X79

I've been plagued with Random Black Screen problem ever since I build my PC 4 years ago and about 1 year ago I've nailed down the problem to Corsair Link. Whenever Corsair Link is not running, I never have the Black Screen problem (ie, my monitors lose signal, USB devices stops responding but sound continues to play, and have to push reset).

So every time a new version of Corsair Link comes out, I try it out and within a few minutes to a few hours I get a black screen.

I've been active on the nVidia forum a while back when I was pulling the hair out of my head trying to diagnose the problem believing that the problem came from the video card (since when disabling TDR, instead of a black screen I would get a blue screen with Video_TDR_Failure), but I'm fairly certain that this problem only manifests itself on motherboard with the Intel X79-Express chipset when Corsair Link is running. (At that time, I had 5 people confirming that they had random black screens and their motherboards where X79 based (Asus Rampage IV series) and where running corsair link)

Could you guys check into this? I like the looks of Corsair Link, but cannot use it at all.