View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 08:22 PM

POST ID # = 699449
vfeast Reputation: 10
Question Neutron GTX 120GB (Hynix), Alignment [Page + Block Size]

Product: CSSD-N120GBGTXB-BK
Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB (Hynix 19nm, MLC Toggle-NAND)

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew the "Page Size" and "Block Size" of this device?

I am on Linux (Gentoo Linux, 64-bit to be specific) and just purchased this SSD and I am going to create some partitions on the drive but wanted to know the Page and Block sizes before I do the alignment.

Newer versions of Microsoft Windows does this automatically when creating paritions, and while I am on Linux I believe newer versions of GParted (and other Linux partitioning programs) do this automatically as well, but I still want to know the information if at all possible.

I hear that a Solid-State Drive aligned on the device Block Size leads to more efficient Read/Writes since there is no overlap in Blocks during data retrieval/insertion, but I have also heard the same about Page Size since the OS (Operating System) doesn't actually *delete* the data (the firmware and SSD controller do this?) which is why I'm curious about these specifications before I proceed.

Anyone have the Page Size or Block Size and/or alignment information for this SSD.. or have a similar situation of partitioning this device on Linux? Thanks for reading.