Corsair Community

Dark Core SE Randomly Stops Responding

Samaska

Not sure whats going on here. Ill be playing a game or just browsing and my sensor and all actions will just stop working on the mouse. 2nd mouse I've gotten because of this issue. Seems to happen a lot when lifting the mouse up and putting it back down and I can also cause this issue by hitting keys on my k70 while moving the mouse around and hitting mouse buttons a bunch. Also does it if i move the mouse really fast.

Edit: Plugged in btw not using any wireless.

Edit2: Did some testing only happens when wired it seems.

Edited by Samaska

• 1 month later...

Same issue here, it happens when wireless, haven't tested it wired. Last version of everything installed. Mouse firmware 3.08. iCUE version 3.6.109.

When the mouse stops working I open iCUE using the keyboard (as the wired keyboard works normally) and mouse comes back on.

Edited by jamescunha

• 1 month later...

Random disconnects, turn mouse off and on to get back online, but causes quite a few deaths in-game when it happens :sunglasse

This happened on iCUE version 2.24.50, and I just upgraded to 3.4.95 and so far I have not seen the issue.

Update

Further upgraded to iCUE 3.7.99 and I have daily stops where I need to "reboot" the mouse, turn off, turn on to get it started again, so NOPE, no fix so far.

Update 2

I've changed from using one USB port to another, that seemed to have an effect. Didn't have any disconnects yet on new port. The mouse was in a USB hub before, but it's now directly connected to PC.

Update 3

Yep, changing the port on the PC seems to have done the trick. I haven't gotten a single disconnect on the mouse since I plugged the mouse directly into the PC. So morale is: Check your port type and avoid USB hubs or USB stands on your table. Direct works!

Edited by Tsath

• 3 weeks later...
Random disconnects, turn mouse off and on to get back online, but causes quite a few deaths in-game when it happens :sunglasse

This happened on iCUE version 2.24.50, and I just upgraded to 3.4.95 and so far I have not seen the issue.

Update

Further upgraded to iCUE 3.7.99 and I have daily stops where I need to "reboot" the mouse, turn off, turn on to get it started again, so NOPE, no fix so far.

Update 2

I've changed from using one USB port to another, that seemed to have an effect. Didn't have any disconnects yet on new port. The mouse was in a USB hub before, but it's now directly connected to PC.

Update 3

Yep, changing the port on the PC seems to have done the trick. I haven't gotten a single disconnect on the mouse since I plugged the mouse directly into the PC. So morale is: Check your port type and avoid USB hubs or USB stands on your table. Direct works!

I have this issue almost daily despite using a USB port on my tower. I check for updates regularly and will continue to do so until the issue is resolved. I really like this mouse when it works.

Turning it off and on again gets it working each time but it is extremely annoying considering there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why it does this for me and it seems to pick the most inconvenient times to stop responding.

I too have to turn it off and on again a number of times after I charge it on the MM1000 (using Qi) to get it to recognize. At first the lighting don't even come on, then a few more off-on switch tries and the lighting comes on but the mouse cursor won't move, then sometimes it moves a little but stops. Eventually it comes on fully and is working. What is strange is it will then work flawlessly until I charge it again using the Qi.

The usb receiver is connected directly to the MM1000 which is what Corsair recommends.

I too have to turn it off and on again a number of times after I charge it on the MM1000 (using Qi) to get it to recognize. At first the lighting don't even come on, then a few more off-on switch tries and the lighting comes on but the mouse cursor won't move, then sometimes it moves a little but stops. Eventually it comes on fully and is working. What is strange is it will then work flawlessly until I charge it again using the Qi.

The usb receiver is connected directly to the MM1000 which is what Corsair recommends.

The Qi charger is probably overheating the mouse's battery, affecting the PCB. Which is why after a while it works normally because it cooled down. The mouse needs the ability to turn off charging when full, or is not reporting max charge properly. (Like on the dashboard where it always reports 75%)

The Qi charger is probably overheating the mouse's battery, affecting the PCB. Which is why after a while it works normally because it cooled down. The mouse needs the ability to turn off charging when full, or is not reporting max charge properly. (Like on the dashboard where it always reports 75%)

Thank you for that info- that does sounds correct and I do notice that the battery is quite warm at first. Is there any way to force it to stop charging or fix the incorrect battery percentage reporting that you know of?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This problem still persists.

My mouse always freezes when charging. It doesn't matter which USB port/powerbank/adaptor I use.

The problem has persisted over the last 2 firmware updates on my Dark Core.

I can't use this mouse for gaming.

It's horrible because I bought 2 to replace my Logitech G700's.

• Corsair Employee

Please go to CONTROL PANEL / HARDWARE AND SOUND / POWER OPTIONS and then click on CHANGE PLAN SETTINGS (for your current default power plan). After that click on CHANGE ADVANCED POWER SETTINGS.

When new window opens, scroll down the list a bit until you hit USB SETTINGS. Click little square with plus in it, and then click another little square with plus next to USB SELECTIVE SUSPEND SETTING. Check the state of it, and make sure it's set to DISABLED. Then restart the PC.

See if that makes any difference. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought a Dark Core with QI charging and it would randomly disconnect and also randoly move the pointer to the top left corner of the screen. I had no problems with the QI charging, but the battery life was appalling, I charged it over night, used it for an hour in the morning, went to work without switching it off and when I came home, it was as dead as a Dodo. I really wanted to love this mouse, it was perfect for me, size, buttons, everything, so much so that I returned it for a replacement (thanks Amazon), but it was exactly the same, so I returned it for a refund and bought a Logitech G903. Not as nice and it registered double click about 70% of the time. I liked this mouse so much, that I keep looking at it and wondering if the problems have been solved, but Corsair are still saying "up to 24 hours battery life", which, in my not so humble opinion, is nothing to boast about. Edited by snapper69

I use my Dark Core daily, and I use it wirelessly, and use it for the whole day, and then wire it to change when I go to sleep. It lasts me the day.

Also, I do not use the Qi charger. That methodology is known to not fully recharge the mouse's battery. Would explain your issue. It's meant to have the mouse on the Qi charger when you are away.

Please go to CONTROL PANEL / HARDWARE AND SOUND / POWER OPTIONS and then click on CHANGE PLAN SETTINGS (for your current default power plan). After that click on CHANGE ADVANCED POWER SETTINGS.

When new window opens, scroll down the list a bit until you hit USB SETTINGS. Click little square with plus in it, and then click another little square with plus next to USB SELECTIVE SUSPEND SETTING. Check the state of it, and make sure it's set to DISABLED. Then restart the PC.

See if that makes any difference. Hope this helps.

I just tried that. After restarting and plugging the mouse in it stopped responding after a few seconds again.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...