Corsair Community

K70 keys repeating/not working

LAZER

So I bought the K70 Cherry Brown version 4 months ago now and around a month ago my keys started repeating and often taking several presses to work once. I've cleaned this keyboard out thoroughly twice in the past month and it definitely helped to a degree, but ultimately the problem is still here and it's becoming incredibly irritating. I never thought there was any firmware out for the K70 but I've read in a few places there is now and I'm wondering if this could be of use? Hope to get some replies. Thanks!

Please disable USB Selective Suspend temporarily (found in the Advanced Power Settings in Power Options located in Control Panel).

Reboot Machine.

Connect the keyboard to USB 2.0, and apply the firmware update.

If the issue persists please let me know via PM so that I can expedite your issue and have it resolved as soon as possible.

• 4 years later...

K70 - Red; with blue cherry-mx.

I have suffered random occurrences of this, as long as I can remember:

added some tttttttttttttttttttest anti-crash code

I've never stopped to notice whether this is specifically the `t` key, or any key, but it's always that many repeats.

i.e. i've never had "ttest", "tttest", or "tttest", when it repeats, it goes for broke, feels a bit like the keyboard is rebooting.

I've tried different settings of speed on the back selector, currently it's set on '1' and is still occurring. i have just switched it to bios, which means the scroll-lock led is annoyingly blinking on and off.

i'm not running any special corsair keyboard driver, if I could find one, I would. iCE doesn't recognize my keyboard, just my Void headphones.

trying on another computer isn't really an option, as this (whatever it is) doesn't necessarily occur for days, or it can occur multiple times per day.

it seems to present itself when I'm using Discord, rather than when I'm coding. I'm not sure if this more to do with typing style, or the application.