Corsair Community

Keyboard on, but not detected?

So I got the k68 and started using it just fine, but after a while it just stopped working. When I restart my PC, it says keyboard not detected, yet my keyboard is connected and the lights are lit. It started to wave flash. I don't know what that means, but can anyone help me with this.

• Corsair Employee

Which OS are you using for your PC? Have you tried plugging into a different USB port stack on the back of the motherboard?

You can try soft resetting the keyboard by unplugging it, hold ESC, plug the keyboard back in, then release the ESC key after 5secs. The keyboard should blink and work normally.

• 3 weeks later...
So I got the k68 and started using it just fine, but after a while it just stopped working. When I restart my PC, it says keyboard not detected, yet my keyboard is connected and the lights are lit. It started to wave flash. I don't know what that means, but can anyone help me with this.

I'm having the same issue, (K68) yes I tried different USB ports with same outcome..:mad:

Edited by Norman24

Which OS are you using for your PC? Have you tried plugging into a different USB port stack on the back of the motherboard?

You can try soft resetting the keyboard by unplugging it, hold ESC, plug the keyboard back in, then release the ESC key after 5secs. The keyboard should blink and work normally.

I tried it but still the same outcome... The keyboard is lit but not registering in the iCUE program, therefore I cannot load my defaults..

Edited by Norman24

• 11 months later...
hi my k68corsair keyboard is not working ,its lights arent on it is plugged in and it is not detected by i CUE. i have tried to do a soft reset and i tried different usb ports . i went to use my computer and everything was responsive but my keyboard.

• 2 months later...

K68 user here. Exact same issue happening for me. None of the posted solutions address the issue across any of my computers.

To be clear, k68 lights up red, but no keypresses whatsoever are recognized by any connected PC. ESC-soft-reset fails completely. K68 has become unusable, after just 2 months of ownership. ICUE fails to recognize it.

K68 user here. Exact same issue happening for me. None of the posted solutions address the issue across any of my computers.

To be clear, k68 lights up red, but no keypresses whatsoever are recognized by any connected PC. ESC-soft-reset fails completely. K68 has become unusable, after just 2 months of ownership. ICUE fails to recognize it.

Been having this same exact issue with the K70. Just posted about it here: https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185077