Corsair Community

Scimitar side buttons not working

My scimitar was working fine a few days ago when I first got the 1.13.36 CUE software update, then I took a few days off of being on my computer. Now my side keys and the LEDs are not working. Don't know which of these logs are needed but they are all modified today. I only have the default profile, the side keys were mapped to the keyboard's num key pad, and the DPI was changed to 1,000-12,000. Each setting for the DPI is 3,000 apart. Other than that nothing was changed.

2015-12-18T08-21-29.zip

2015-12-18T10-11-53.zip

2015-12-18T10-18-38.zip

2015-12-18T13-25-19.zip

2015-12-18T13-27-05.zip

I am having the same problem as of 12/25/2015. Started my PC today and suddenly the side buttons didn't work anymore. Pretty shocking that this has been a problem for over 2 months now.

EDIT: Got a software update shortly after which seemed to have fixed the problem.

Edited by guyyst

With CUE version 1.13.36 I am still having this problem, however, it no longer requires a restart to fix.

Side buttons on the scimitar will stop functioning, or one button will 'stick' and repeat the keybind indefinitely. To fix this I have to exit CUE and then relaunch CUE. When it happens again, and it always does, I just have to restart CUE again.

Please resolve this issue.

Hey Guys,

OK so I just had this issue for me I managed to get it resolved, it might not work for you but you can give it a try.

So the mouse was working fine for a few days and then this after noon I noticed a windows update was waiting to be installed [Win10 Pro 64bit], so I restarted my pc and let the windows update install, after I notice that non of my side buttons were working any more, everything else was fine but nothing from the side.

Here's some of the things I tried:

-Remap Key

-New CUE Profile

-Different USB Port

-Uninstalled Mouse via Device Manager

-Different Windows User Profile

In the end it appears that running a "Repair" on the CUE software is what has gotten it to work again for me, so I would recommend giving that ago.

Edited by Lthenaly

Hey Guys,

OK so I just had this issue for me I managed to get it resolved, it might not work for you but you can give it a try.

So the mouse was working fine for a few days and then this after noon I noticed a windows update was waiting to be installed [Win10 Pro 64bit], so I restarted my pc and let the windows update install, after I notice that non of my side buttons were working any more, everything else was fine but nothing from the side.

Here's some of the things I tried:

-Remap Key

-New CUE Profile

-Different USB Port

-Uninstalled Mouse via Device Manager

-Different Windows User Profile

In the end it appears that running a "Repair" on the CUE software is what has gotten it to work again for me, so I would recommend giving that ago.

Thank you!!

The exact same thing happened to me today. I did a windows update and the mouse quit. I tried everything you did as well, but the repair got my side buttons working again. I registered just so I could post a thank you and let others know if they're searching for a solution to try this one!

So, I have a similar issue but I have already remapped the side buttons to number keys. As of now, they have been off and on. The side buttons will work and then stop working. Is this happening to anyone else? Am I triggering something that causes it to stop or revert to the default state? Everything else is working just fine. Thanks!

Yeah i seem to be having the same issue. They work and i can play for the whole day. The next day i try to play again and then they don't work. it requires a restart of windos to make em work.

Anyone else have this issue ?

• 2 weeks later...
Same problem. purchased the mouse today. Windows is up to date. everything for the scimitar and strafe are up to date however League of legends will not register the side keys. They wont even in a browse. Kind of frustrating to spend 70 dollars on a mouse only for it not to work as advertised.

• Corsair Employee
Same problem. purchased the mouse today. Windows is up to date. everything for the scimitar and strafe are up to date however League of legends will not register the side keys. They wont even in a browse. Kind of frustrating to spend 70 dollars on a mouse only for it not to work as advertised.

The side buttons does not come pre programmed and are blank. You will need to install the software and map the side buttons to your liking. ( 1,2,3 etc)

Funny, I've had this mouse for a month.. Zero problems, then all of the sudden about 1/2 hour ago, none of the side buttons work on my mouse either. Tried to remap.. Go back to default and remap.. Clear them and remap.. Nothing. Just odd.

• Corsair Employee
Funny, I've had this mouse for a month.. Zero problems, then all of the sudden about 1/2 hour ago, none of the side buttons work on my mouse either. Tried to remap.. Go back to default and remap.. Clear them and remap.. Nothing. Just odd.

Try unplugging it and plugging it back in. Did your system do any kind of windows updates?

I tried all that. No updates. I do not have my firmware/software up to date because it was working with zero issues, then all of the sudden, they just stopped working. I closed CUE, re opened it, twice. Everything else works tho.

The side buttons does not come pre programmed and are blank. You will need to install the software and map the side buttons to your liking. ( 1,2,3 etc)

Ive tried that. still nothing. First thing I did was remap the buttonsWhen I added a new action to the buttons and added the numbers I wanted as the text it worked in search bars and other places where you can enter text, however still nothing in game.

• Corsair Employee
Just bought a Scimitar yesterday. Didn't work, returned it got another. Didn't work.

To clarify this is in regards to just the numpad buttons.

I have attached my logs.

According to these logs, even though CUE is detecting the mouse, there seems to be a connection issue between the software and the mouse itself. Where do you have it connected to on your motherboard? Can you verify its the USB 2.0 ports at the very top of your IO panel?

I'm having this issue on just one of my computers, sadly the one on which I do most of the gaming.

The side buttons worked just fine when I first installed CUE, but after the next reboot they failed. I also noticed that it's not just the side buttons that are affected, none of the buttons will trigger a programmed command. Reinstalling CUE seems to be a temporary fix for me, but hardly an acceptable one at that. Also the application sometimes decides to just randomly hang whenever switching profiles or closing.

I attached a log file, strangely it looks pretty much identical to the ones from my laptop where everything seems to be working just fine.

2016-01-20T07-10-53.txt.txt

I found a possible cause of this problem today at least for me. The driver "corsair composite virtual input device" is normally visible in Device Manager under "Human Interface Devices" the problem for me seems that after every reboot the driver refuses to load and is no longer visible. Can anyone else confirm the driver to be missing?