Corsair Community

Corsair One Pro Ti wierd noise issue

Exalhi2u

Hey guys

I just received my new Corsair One Pro Ti and it's working wonderfully besides the very loud and noticable noise comming from the cabinet.

You can listen to it here: https://instaud.io/1jv7

I think it's comming from the pump from the way the noise sounds but it could also be the power supply fan.

The sound is quite a bit louder than it sounds on the recording and I can hear it clearly while wearing my headset, which is very frustrating.

Has anyone else experienced this or what?

Edit: I found someone else with the same issue that posted a video on youtube: [ame=

]
[/ame] Edited by Exalhi2u
Insert more info

I took the unit apart to figure out what's causing the noise. The two pumps actually don't make any measurable noise, it seems like it is the pump resonating through the case itself or the graphics card PVM fan

For now I've turned the fan speed to maximum which deafens out the noise so at least I can use the computer without going crazy

Edited by Exalhi2u

I suggest checking to see if the two missing screws are lodged somewhere inside the case.

That's an issue I had with a system from a different (not Corsair) vendor 2 months ago, except with motherboard, not fan, screws.

If I hadn't noticed the loose screws before turning the system on (I was checking for cables dislodged during shipping) it could have eventually caused a short.

• 2 months later...
I have the exact same issue. The noise / tonal sound (vibrations resonating through the case?) is driving me nuts. It's not exactly loud, but very annoying in a quiet room. Is this how it is supposed to sound? In that case this product is not for me, the noise reminds me of a mosquito flying close to the ear...

• Corsair Employee
I have the exact same issue. The noise / tonal sound (vibrations resonating through the case?) is driving me nuts. It's not exactly loud, but very annoying in a quiet room. Is this how it is supposed to sound? In that case this product is not for me, the noise reminds me of a mosquito flying close to the ear...

Any buzzing or ticking noise at idle is not normal, the sound from a CORSAIR ONE (stock) at idle should be similar to a low hum from the fans. How loud it is dependent on your room's ambient noise level. To put it in perspective, we generally put our ear within 6 inches of the top fan sometimes to listen for any odd noises because the idle noise should be that quiet. Some of you may have more sensitive hearing so this can vary. You can either send it in for a replacement or you can open up the panels to investigate the noise. Just don't remove any components for warranty reasons.

• 1 year later...

Same thing here in an i180. There's the quiet hum of the pumps and the main fan, but then also a rattle that seems to come mostly from the right side. I'm wondering if it's the extra fan on the graphics card.

It sounds a lot like a hard drive working, but it's not that - I've got the HDD totally offline in the video below:

[ame]https://youtu.be/7l7aSD5oIIc[/ame]

In reality you can hear the rattle from further away than the video implies - it's fairly noticeable in a quiet room. In the video you can hear the rattle above the hum once I move the camera around to the right, around 10 seconds in.

A little bit unfortunate as I was hoping to use this PC in a room where I also occasionally record music, and it's louder than my old air-cooled PC. Idle volume hovers around 40dBA from the distance shown:

3eIEE3p.jpg

Edited by Karsal

It's probably the water pump on that side. My i160 made a similar noise for the first couple of weeks but it went away. It sounds like a HDD - a faint clicking. I can sometimes hear it just barely if I put my ear right next to the side panel, but it's definitely quieter after a bit of use.