Corsair Community

Harpoon Rgb Wireless Double-Click Problem

2FAN

Hello,

I am using a Corsair Harpoon RGB wireless mouse. I bought it a month ago.

After installing the driver package, double click issue started. I sent the product to the service because I think the product is defective.

The service sent me a new Harpoon RGB Wireless mouse. I installed the current driver again started double click problem again.

Is there a chronic problem? Is the driver problematic? How can I test with the old driver? I need a link to download.

Dongle Firmware: 1.7.58

Mouse Firmware: 1.9.85

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

i have exactly the same issue

if i had know i wouldn't have made this update

i think the issue is coming from the new firmware 1.9.85 of the mouse

i just made a support ticket i hope they could send me a new one and i won't do the update !!

Same issue here. I managed to get an older version of the iCue software, but I'm not sure how to downgrade the firmware on the mouse itself.

hey can you send me a link where you downloaded the old icue software ?

thanks !

• 3 weeks later...
I have the same issue with my corsair harpoon rgb wireless too. Firmware 1.9.85 . I bought it one month ago but as I live in Madagascar I can not send it back to Europe where I buy it. I was thinking of opening the mouse, but do you guy think it's the firmware and if corsair will repair the firmware later. I have a corsair PSU RM550x, a Corsair Keyboard K57 Wireless RGB. Very happy with them but not with this mouse.

+1, same issue here. I contacted support and they sent an alleged firmware but was not a "compatible firmware file" according to iCue. In the end they just told me to return the mouse! New one arrives and boom, same problem.

Does anyone have a working old firmware file they could share?

If you have the mouse firmware downgrade, please let me know this double click issue is horrendous and makes me perform terribly in shooters, tap firing is impossible as it shoots twice most of the time, cheers. I've had this problem for a pretty long time.

Had the same problem with my mouse. I tried to rollback to the old firmware, but that only helped slightly. I ended up changing the polling rate of the dongle from 1000 to 500 and that helped out significantly. Seemed like it was registering another click depending on where I was clicking on the left mouse button. Further to the outside seemed to be the worst area for this to occur. Figured that it might be a sensitivity issue and changing the polling rate might help not register the ghost click.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
If you have the mouse firmware downgrade, please let me know this double click issue is horrendous and makes me perform terribly in shooters, tap firing is impossible as it shoots twice most of the time, cheers. I've had this problem for a pretty long time.

Dont open the mouse. It is def the firmware. I got mine resolved. Bought the mouse in 2019 after my M65 RGB mouse needed replacement. Faulty scroll wheel, but had its fair share of use :) Anyway, mouse worked fine until I reloaded my PC and decided to download latest iCUE software last week and did firmware upgrade. Then the left click kept executing double clicks.....then it went over to both sides. Tested on laptop without the iCUE software, same prob. Reset the mouse, changed my power management settings on the USB ports, nothing worked. (Never thought about the firmware). Took it in to the shop where I bought it and they could not find anything wrong. I googled and came across this thread.....found my initial downloaded iCUE software (3.20) I downloaded last year when I bought the mouse and now it seems completely fixed. Tested my single and double clicks in Advanced mouse settings, tested games, all seems 100%. I did open a ticket with Corsair Support, so I hope they will look into the firmware. Always ****ty when you need to roll back on drivers, firmware and apps...prob a psychological thing, but still annoying ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello, i registered today just so i could make a post about this issue. I'm so frustrated, because i edit photos and its getting to the point where I'm disappointed in this mouse due to the double clicking issues. i hope they can fix this soon. I've been trying to update it as much as possible hoping there will be a hotfix for it.

I had the same problem, and I tried the following procedure:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025348571-How-to-Reset-your-computer-mouse

(wireless one since I have a Harpoon Rgb Wireless dongle with latest drivers)

Now the double click issue seems to be solved.

EDIT: the issue still persists a little bit, but with less frequency than before

Edited by His0ka

• 2 months later...

Also having this problem in September 2020! Checked for updates just today and nothing. Issue persists.

Based on advice from another thread in these forums, I tried to install an old version of the software and firmware, but that didn't work at all; it wouldn't even start. I tried resetting the mouse as described above, which seemed to help a little, but the problem persists.

I am unable to use this mouse anymore because of this issue. I have gone back to my trusty old Logitech, which is a shame, because the Harpoon is otherwise a really nice mouse.

Corsair has been a "trusted brand" for me, but it will be a while before I buy another Corsair product after this. The sheer amount of time this problem has persisted is very concerning. Lord knows I'd really be pissed if this was a $120 keyboard.

Edit:

In my frustration, forgot to add:

- This happens wireless or wired

- Mouse firmware is version 1.9.85

- Dongle firmware is version 1.7.58

- iCue version is 3.33.246

- No firmware updates are available.

I have confirmed the issue isn't just in my head by creating a simple (local) webpage that catches click and dblclick events.

If I move the mouse around and keep clicking at a (relatively) constant interval, I will get the occasional stray dblclick. The shorter the interval (but outside the dblclick interval), the more frequent.

If I leave the mouse stationary, I get a dblclick for every 3 click events, even at longer intervals.

I'm not sure if that means anything or helps troubleshooting, but it's just a little more anecdata.

Edited by HenchmanNo7
Added information

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem on two Harpoon mice. I fixed both by following instructions from 2FAN on this forum:

To have the older driver version please follow the steps below.

1. Open your computer's Control Panel.

2. Open the Programs and Features options.

3. Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall.

4. Open your Start menu and type "Run". Then open the Run option.

5. Type Regedit and then click OK.

6. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine

7. Right-click and delete the folder.

8. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine

9. Right-click and delete the folder.

10. Restart your computer.

11. Download the lower installer file for iCUE from

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/C...77_release.msi and reinstall.

12. Once finished installing, reboot your computer.

Then just start the update for the mouse. Then the mouse may fail. USB Wireless Receiver Pairing, do this. Again delete the old ICUE software completely according to the instructions above. Install the new ICUE software and do not update the mouse.

Without the registry steps the older version of ICUE crashed on opening. Choose to "Force Update" the mouse firmware in ICUE, it will roll back to 0.6.70 or similar. You can then update ICUE to the latest version. It will prompt you to update the mouse again - I didn't. Both mice now work fine.

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE STILL! Using the Ironclaw >_> Bought it two months ago and now this! :-/

How could such an firmware update go online? srsly?!

Hope they fix it soon otherwise i return it and buy from another brand...

This should not happen with mouses at that price range!

I had the same problem on two Harpoon mice. I fixed both by following instructions from 2FAN on this forum:

Without the registry steps the older version of ICUE crashed on opening. Choose to "Force Update" the mouse firmware in ICUE, it will roll back to 0.6.70 or similar. You can then update ICUE to the latest version. It will prompt you to update the mouse again - I didn't. Both mice now work fine.

well download is no longer available...

• Corsair Employee

The latest Firmware version should correct this issue. If you're still experiencing double clicking after, please reach out to our Technical Support:

https://support.corsair.com/

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE STILL! Using the Ironclaw >_> Bought it two months ago and now this! :-/

How could such an firmware update go online? srsly?!

Hope they fix it soon otherwise i return it and buy from another brand...

This should not happen with mouses at that price range!

We are working on a new firmware release for Ironclaw Wireless which should improve the behavior. I don't have a release date yet, but it is in progress. We'll update everyone once it is available.