Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 1000D Build Log/How to Guide

@elgreco – Glad that was what you were needing to see.

I think putting all 3 LLs on top with it sitting on the floor sounds like a good plan. My LLs on top from the pic are all blowing into the case. That will be the coldest air for the radiator, also if you have them exhausting the LED ring will be against the radiator and the X support from the fan will be visible. It still looks nice that way, but a little less LED effect. I have tried mine both ways, but had much better cooling with my radiators blowing into the case.

Look forward to seeing some pics of your build when you get it together.

Thank you!

Initially I will try to extract air through the AIO rad, BUT the difference will be that I will put the rad at the 2 FORWARD slots of the upper tray instead of the 2 AFT slots.

That way, I hope that the rad will ingest directly cold air entering from the nearby frontal 8x LL120fans.

• 1 month later...
there is no cap buddy... it just rests over guide standoff....

Hi Zotty.

Quick question about your setup. I see you have push-pull at the front. The XR7 is 54mm thick. I have rads that are 60mm thick.

Do you suppose there is at least 6mm clearance between the drive cage and your fans at the front?

Thanks.

Hi Zotty.

Quick question about your setup. I see you have push-pull at the front. The XR7 is 54mm thick. I have rads that are 60mm thick.

Do you suppose there is at least 6mm clearance between the drive cage and your fans at the front?

Thanks.

I have around 10mm left (guesitimate) between fans a drive caddy buddy.

I have around 10mm left (guesitimate) between fans a drive caddy buddy.

Thanks, Zotty. It'll be tight, but I'll give it a test fit.

Edit: I deleted the follow-up question I had asked. I got the answer from DevBiker over in his cables thread.

Thanks again. You probably hear this a lot around 'these forums, but you (and DevBiker) are awesome.

Edited by cc10101

Hey there Zotty and other builders , I don't know how far behind I am but was put on to this post by DevBiker.

I too am building using the Corsair 1000D case but only running one Gaming PC in it.

I managed to buy the 120mm fan plate for the top before getting the case.

I intend using 8 x LL120 fans on the front 480mm rads in a push config and 3 x LL120 & 3 x ML120 fans on the top 360mm rad in a push - pull config.I have two LL140 fans for the back which are primarily airflow when the others are idling.

I'm looking at using a similar wiring config using a Commander Pro #1 & two Lighting Nodes for the front fans , Commander Pro #2 & two Lighting Nodes for the top fans & XC5 CPU Cooler and Commander Pro #3 and two Lighting Nodes for the XD5 Pump/Reservoir and two XG7 GPU Coolers.

Since I am going to run an overclocked I9-9900KS chip and two RTX 2080 Ti's , I am hoping a custom loop will keep it all cool.

My intention was to use iCue to show corresponding fan speeds & component temperatures ( i.e. from blue - green - yellow - red - white )

Has anyone managed to do this?

I've also purchased some 4-Pin PWM extenders and Y-Splitters to help and I believe there are four RGB extenders in the Lighting Node Pro kit from Corsair.

I'm hoping it all goes together without too many issues.........

Thanks dude.... glad you are sorted :)

I'm confused about the use of the RGB pass-through cable at the front-top of the 1000D.

If I understand correctly, that cable is currently used to route the RGB signals from the LEDs on the front of the case (sail logo, buttons and so forth). So out of the box, it would have been already plugged into the 1000D CoPro LED port #1.

I'd be able to confirm this for myself, but at the moment, I cannot trace the port #1 cable to it's source (it's hidden behind fans and an H150i pro cooler).

From your diagram, it appears that you are routing your 16 front fans, using Y splitters, into a single cable that somehow connects into the same cable (pass-through cable) used for the front panel lighting, and into the 1000D CoPro LED #1.

Is this correct? If so, what's not clear to me is:

(1) How do you connect the fans cable into the pass through cable, if the pass-through is used for the front panel LEDs too?

(2) Can you still individually address the front-panel LEDs in iCUE? Or are the 16 fans on your front rads, plus the front-panel LEDs, all forced to share a single lighting setup (eliminating the possibility of a sequencing lighting setup)?

I've read through this thread (and others) several times. And done searches. But somehow, I'm missing something here (I mean, I'm missing IQ points obviously :):, but maybe some bit information too).

hi buddy,,

http://i.imgur.com/hANkZEYl.jpg

thats the pass through.. my hubs are connected to it via splitters.. channel one on the commander pro is fed to the sails logo.. then to the front io.. and then to pass through.

in icue its all separated in chassis lighting and Lighting channel 1

http://i.imgur.com/Ip6pOiYl.png

Okay, that makes it a lot clearer. Thanks.

I can see the cable connected to the sails logo as it runs up to the top to the front IO panel. But I cannot see a pass-through coming back down anywhere. It must be hidden behind something at the moment; so I'm sure I'll spot it when I swap in the custom loop stuff.

On an entirely unrelated note, I just noticed the EKWB has a 1000D distro plate that covers the entire front fan tray area. For a bit less than $800. Seems to me it makes no sense because it eliminates all that airflow and/or radiator space at the front of the case.

Seems to me a distro plate would make more sense if it fit elsewhere in the case, without being so disruptive of rad/fan/airflow.

Anyway, I've strayed far off-topic.

Thanks again.

Taken a couple of days off work and just started putting things together and noticed that to vent air out on the top radiator , the fans are mounted so the LED ring ( LL120 ) is facing the radiator.

Are there any issues of sucking air in from the top and out the back as I would like them to face out the top to utilize the feature?

I'm using ML120 ( no LEDs ) under the radiator and two LL140 fans to push air out the back.The case is pretty open and I'd appreciate any advice.

Hey there Zotty ,

Awesome build ...

Which way do your fans face on top of the radiator , with the frame showing out the top?

From your picture it looks that way , like a mirror image of your front fan configuration.

It would be good if Corsair made a left hand and right hand fan , so you could orientate fans to go both ways showing the fan blades , unfortunately they don't.

I'll see how the airflow goes with sucking air into the case.

I haven't read all the posts ( most of them ) but did you always have push-pull on the front rads or was it done because of issues?

Just a question, i love your build and have 1000D myself. Is it possible to run EK's 480 XE rads in a push pull config in the front, theirs enough clearance in the front? Noob question i know ive never done water cooling personally and am just about to take the dive and im scared beyond my years its always been Air cooling. I was thinking of doing the 480's in the front and two 360 rads on top. The top im not worried about but the front i am bit worried. Thanks again and awesome build.

hi buddy... what thickness are those rads?.. i have Corsairs XR7's and they are 55mm thick. i have maybe 10mm clearance left......

I'm not 100% sure, on the site it doesnt say thickness. It just has "Dimensions: 520 x 130 x 60mm (L x W x H)"

Thanks for the reply. You said in your build you only used 3 commander pros, but your build has a lot fans that can accommodate about 5 commander pros. Anyways im just trying to make sure i dont make any mistakes and my system turns on fans start spitting out the back with wires catching fire, with water squirting through the little open air waves it has.:D:

Hi, everybody,

I'm still making progress with my build

I am enclosing how I have managed the cables of the front radiator, in case it helps any of you.

I have put 2 rgb fan led hub between the 2 radiators, and 2 deepcool fh-10 on the internal side.

I have separated the fans in 2 channels to be able to make different effects.

Anybody has problems with these fan hubs? the rmps go crazy and I can't control them properly

http://i.imgur.com/nCtv9t1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TW2wZx1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/scxuK7H.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Yv5R3Ls.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Cv3CDBE.jpg

Edited by felixgca

Hey there fellow 1000D builders.

I am progressing slowly , waiting for parts to come , in dribs and drabs.

Still waiting on GPU's and PSU.

I bought some of those LED extension leads from Ebay , so they are coming from the USA to AUS , so maybe June before I get them.I've also bought some PWM Y-splitters and extenders from a local supplier.

I notice from your picture "Zotty" that you are using one Commander Pro.I am looking at using three ( one from 1000D & two I had from a previous build ).

Do you know if can be done by using the 2 x USB's on unit one or do you daisy from unit one then two then three?

I was going to use the first for the front fans & LED's , the second for the top fans , LED's and the third for rear fans & XD5 pump.There is plenty of room in the back if I tied it all neatly.

Some amazing and inspiring builds on here!

Quick question before I start my 1000D build. Is it possible to move the rgb chassis lighting cable already connected to the included commander pro on lighting channel 1 to a separate node pro and still have control over it in ICUE and also still be able to connect additional fans/strips to the pass through cable included ?

Thank you for a quick response

So is it possible to connect a node pro to a commander pro for the extra lighting channel ?

I guess what im asking is without ordering the RGB Fan LED Hub Splitter Cables and paying a bunch extra for shipping, is there anyway for me to connect 2 of the Corsair RGB LED fan hubs each having 4 fans on them to one lighting channel on the included Co PRO ?

are you are aware of the RGB pass through that hangs in the front of the case?

this is actually LED channel one on the 1000d CoPro.... it goes from the CrPro to the front sails logo.. from the front sails logo to the front IO lighting and then passes througfh and hangs in the front of the case from the top.. in iCUE that hanging cable is actually Lighting Channel 1 in the 1000d Copro set up tab.....