Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE feedback

• Corsair Employee
I've had the non-SE model for about a month now and in the 3 days I've had a lot of issues of the sound randomly cutting in and out like it loses connection to the dongle. I put the dongle on a USB extender about 2 weeks ago so the dongle is about 2 feet away from the headset when the issue is occurring.

I've also had sound cracking issues in a few games, the one I hear it the most on is World of Warcraft when I am on dragon mounts with their wings flapping.

Since only the mic is different in the SE model (as far as I am aware) I figured this would be the best place to post my issues so far with the Virtuoso headset.

When you had the dongle connected directly to the PC, did you try having it plugged to the back of the motherboard? Try different USB stacks on the back to see if the crackling still occurs.

• Corsair Employee
[KBhamm] - Sometimes the microphone is off and clearly RED indicated but the sidetone works still

Still get this issue but more often these days. The virtuoso collects dust now I use my sennheiser again.

Still investigating this issue. I've found if it I open Windows Sound Settings, sidetone corrects itself and works normally. This may be an issue with the 1903 update, but we're looking into what we can execute on our end to have it function normally without this workaround.

• Corsair Employee
Just wanted to report that my headset has an issue with using USB Mode. I get no sound at all.

I did a full driver/software uninstall and it just refuses to work in USB mode. Sometimes it says there isn't enough USB resources. Other times it doesn't.

Works fine in wireless mode.

Couple things you can try: Try connecting directly to different USB ports including the ones on the back of the motherboard, update your USB drivers to the latest version, make sure you're running the latest BIOS version.

When you had the dongle connected directly to the PC, did you try having it plugged to the back of the motherboard? Try different USB stacks on the back to see if the crackling still occurs.

Yes, I had cracking on both the computer case USB 3.0 and on the USB 3.1 and USB 3.0 directly from the back of the board.

I've been having similar problems to the ones mentioned here with my new Virtuoso (Non SE version). The surround sound sounds strange and watery, the mic sometimes doesn't work, the audio sometimes gets louder randomly, and I have had multiple encounters with the crackling noises. I really don't want to have to choose a new headset to buy; this headset has so much potential, and has everything I wanted when browsing headsets. I have about a week to send them back if I choose to. My question is, will these issues be able to be fixed through firmware updates, or is it a hardware issue? EDIT: due to these issues plus the headset not being very comfortable(after some time it begins to hurt the side and top of my head), I have decided to return them. It's quite a shame, I was really looking forward to using this headset. Edited by FelinesInc

Anyone has terrible crackling noises when no sound is played from any source? Barely noticable at 50% windows volume, unbearable at 100%

I don't hear crackling very often, I do hear the sound getting lowered automatically but haven't pin pointed the exact reason, could more driver fubarness.

I also had a ticket opened with Corsair for my MIC issues, that turned out to be a simple case of "Yes we know the driver is messed up and needs to be fixed by devs but no eta when it will be fixed"

I can work around this bug fairly easily though but sucks I had the ticket opened for 2 weeks and took me complaining on the forums (because they stopped responding for 6 straight days) for them to respond and tell me that the driver is bad where I already knew that.

So I just bought this headset today at work... I actually convinced 4 of my co-workers to buy this. We took one out of the box.

- the weight in our hands, the finish of the product is excellent

- we tried it on, it seemed to be so comfortable

- we read the specs and were impressed

- the accessories were finally braided

it seemed like the perfect headset and I took it home

- installed it, wireless works, usb works, 3,5mm works, ok

- first some music, hmm I guess I need to Equalize, weird where is the bass?

what's that lowstreaming quality sound? (state of denial): oh wow is my music quality that bad? ah let's put on some FLAC, euhm ok, still weird sound. Ok ok

let's update icue, oh there is a firmware update, let's do that. Ok now it should be good. listening to some flac on stereo: ok still need eq, weird low bass, guess I just have to adjust from upgrading from the void pro. Let's switch back to the void for a minute, ok all perfect here, I do notice there is much less range on the void.

- let's try some dolby instead, euh i can't, void no problem, virtuoso nope.

- let's try a game, what's that low quality streaminglike sound? ok surround is broken, usb/wifi nope still broken. wth.. something wrong with this thing?

- switching back to stereo, equalizing the **** out of it, topend is great, lowend is mediocre, ok at best. starting to feel ripped off somehow.

-few hours passed, ah my ears hurt, damn these earcups are crushing my ears, ah my scalp feels sore, damnit there is hardly any cussion at the top, how did i not notice this in the store?

- putting the void on my head, aaah what a relieve. so comfy. damn i don't remember this sound being so bad... hours pass, can't get used to the sound i've been using for years.

-logging into my discord channel : anyone want to buy my void pro? and my virtuoso??

- :evil:****ing hell this glaive rgb mouse is annoying the **** out of me, why does this thing keep doubleclicking everything I do?

- :evil:typing on my k95 accidently bringing up "inspector" mode three times while typing random stuff, why does this keyboard keep doing stuff i'm not typing?

- :[pouts:going on my discord channel, anyone want to buy ALL of my corsair ****?

Edited by DX3M

I have a question regarding the microphone.

Does anybody have issues when you are talking loud or near screaming (screaming like you're mad or happy in a game) that the microphone sparks/cracks? I noticed this on my new headset since I use sidtone.

I then recorded my self talking/screaming louder and it is really there. I also hear it when I listen to the recording with other headphones (Hyper X Cloud Flight). The other headsets microphone does not behave like this.

I've tried different distances from my mouth, different mic volumes and different USB ports.

I have a question regarding the microphone.

Does anybody have issues when you are talking loud or near screaming (screaming like you're mad or happy in a game) that the microphone sparks/cracks? I noticed this on my new headset since I use sidtone.

I then recorded my self talking/screaming louder and it is really there. I also hear it when I listen to the recording with other headphones (Hyper X Cloud Flight). The other headsets microphone does not behave like this.

I've tried different distances from my mouth, different mic volumes and different USB ports.

yes its there. a friend of me uses a cheap 15€ chinese oem headset and that mic is clearer and better than the virtuoso. Oo

My virtuoso SE cuts out for like 3 seconds when I play games/music once every 5-10 min or so

Anyone else have that problem?

Yep, same problem. Audio cuts out for about 1-2 seconds when playing CODMW, especially when there’s some explosion or an intense battle going on the sound gets cut-off. Damn annoying! Don’t know what corsairs doing about it. I’m having an audio-crackle issue in USB and Wireless mode (often). I also came across the sound being robotic once via wired mode, had to unplug and re-plug to sort it out.

The Audio Crackle issue is quite often happening via wireless mode when connected to the ST100. I’ve read some previous posts about the ST100 + Void having the same issue 1 year ago, don’t know if it was fixed, but now I’m having the same issue with the Virtuoso. They better fix this nonsense!

Edited by SpyVision

I have a weird issue that I don't think I have seen on this board yet. On a certain laptop of mine, my Virtuoso RGB's take exactly 10 seconds each time to pick up audio.

For example:

-Playing a youtube video: Video won't begin to play for 10 seconds and then will play and have audio.

-Using VoIP software: Headphones will not pick up audio for 10 seconds, even though the phone is ringing or someone is on the line talking.

Sometimes it works perfectly fine and no lag. The majority of the time however there is an exact 10 second period of no sound. Happens only in wireless mode and only on that particular laptop.

I have a weird issue that I don't think I have seen on this board yet. On a certain laptop of mine, my Virtuoso RGB's take exactly 10 seconds each time to pick up audio.

For example:

-Playing a youtube video: Video won't begin to play for 10 seconds and then will play and have audio.

-Using VoIP software: Headphones will not pick up audio for 10 seconds, even though the phone is ringing or someone is on the line talking.

Sometimes it works perfectly fine and no lag. The majority of the time however there is an exact 10 second period of no sound. Happens only in wireless mode and only on that particular laptop.

Do you have the most current version of iCUE installed? The two previous versions had somewhat of a CPU hogging problem which caused some lag

Edited by TheMaskedShadow

I find that after a little while of usage in a game the sound goes all crackle-y - I further noticed tonight that when it did that, the light on the USB dongle was no longer lit up. I am going to try it in another usb port and see if maybe that is what is causing it.

For what it's worth, I have since replaced my motherboard because of other upgrades i was doing and I have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers. I am plugged into a usb 3 port on the motherboard directly and so far for the past 2 nights I haven't had the same audio scratchiness as before.

It is only the 2nd day I have started using them though so we shall see.

I did notice at one point all sound and mic stopped communicating for 2-3 seconds - but that only happened once.

My virtuoso SE cuts out for like 3 seconds when I play games/music once every 5-10 min or so

Anyone else have that problem?

I have been having the same problem with them on my ps4 got these yesterday and playing fallen order been having the same problem every 5-10 minutes the sound cutting out and then coming back.

For what it's worth, I have since replaced my motherboard because of other upgrades i was doing and I have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers. I am plugged into a usb 3 port on the motherboard directly and so far for the past 2 nights I haven't had the same audio scratchiness as before.

It is only the 2nd day I have started using them though so we shall see.

I did notice at one point all sound and mic stopped communicating for 2-3 seconds - but that only happened once.

Apparently I spoke too soon, my sound went all crackles again, and the only audio source was chatting with friends on Discord. I'm starting to wonder if maybe it is a problem with Discord, as when this happened previously I was generally playing co-op Ghost Recon with a friend.

Just picked myself up a pair of the Virtuoso SE coming from Astro A50's. Absolutely love them so far except for a couple of things.

1. Comfort. The ear cups are way too shallow and i wear headphones more than 7hrs a day due to work. After a couple of hours there are some clear pressure points which sucks because the A50's i could comfortably wear indefinitely. Would be great if we could get thicker cups to help alleviate this.

2. Sound quality is AMAZING coming from the Astro's... except the 7.1 Surround is horrid. Sounds really tinny/artificial/muffled. Hard to describe. Which would have been fine had i been able to use Dolby Atmos, but apparently iCue is blocking this.

- Dolby atmos doesnt work with the corsair Drivers. (its a shame let us use what we want :) ) we bought the license you have to pay nothing to dolby then.

I have found a way to make ANY corsair headset work flawlessly with dolby atmos & icue, without any conflicts, every feature of any of the tools work just fine together.

the following steps are with the assumption both icue and headsets were already installed. (but that doesn't matter too much really)

Also mind I use another language so translations of some of the steps aren't accurate to some extend.

1. first of all open your iCUE tool > go to settings > disable "start on system startup" AND CLOSE ICUE!

2. open "device manager" > "Sound devices" > rightclick your corsair headset > properties > drivers > remove device

3. open "control panel" > "devices and printers" > rightclick your corsair headset > remove device

4. reboot

5. the following step might not be necessary for you (so go to step 6 first) but it was for me and is a bit odd = repeat step 2 and 3 (do not reboot) and in device manager, rightclick anywhere and pick, scan for changed devices (so it owould reinstall the drivers)

6. open the dolby atmos app, configure your headset

7. rightclick your sound icon (make sure the headset is selected) in the taskbar (next to the clock) > spatial sound > enable dolby atmos for headphones

8. open icue test if, everything works like it normally does > go back to sttings, enable start on system startup

9. Enjoy surround like it should, enjoy massive sound improvement for music even on surround if you like, or games/movies (for the virtuoso dolby atmos is a must, the 7.1 feature from the virtuoso is at this time imo a disaster for media. With my void pro, dolby was already a feature in icue but not configurable like in atmos.

10. reboot and you'll see everything works perfectly together.

I have found a way to make ANY corsair headset work flawlessly with dolby atmos & icue, without any conflicts, every feature of any of the tools work just fine together.

the following steps are with the assumption both icue and headsets were already installed. (but that doesn't matter too much really)

Also mind I use another language so translations of some of the steps aren't accurate to some extend.

1. first of all open your iCUE tool > go to settings > disable "start on system startup" AND CLOSE ICUE!

2. open "device manager" > "Sound devices" > rightclick your corsair headset > properties > drivers > remove device

3. open "control panel" > "devices and printers" > rightclick your corsair headset > remove device

4. reboot

5. the following step might not be necessary for you (so go to step 6 first) but it was for me and is a bit odd = repeat step 2 and 3 (do not reboot) and in device manager, rightclick anywhere and pick, scan for changed devices (so it owould reinstall the drivers)

7. rightclick your sound icon (make sure the headset is selected) in the taskbar (next to the clock) > spatial sound > enable dolby atmos for headphones

8. open icue test if, everything works like it normally does > go back to sttings, enable start on system startup

9. Enjoy surround like it should, enjoy massive sound improvement for music even on surround if you like, or games/movies (for the virtuoso dolby atmos is a must, the 7.1 feature from the virtuoso is at this time imo a disaster for media. With my void pro, dolby was already a feature in icue but not configurable like in atmos.

DUDE thats not a new way... thats the way you stole under his youtube video. he is member of this forum lol :P we posted this workaround a few times now :P you answered my comment under his video BTW.

Edited by KBhamm

4. reboot

Okay followed the above and that seems to work. Only issue I can see with this is that windows is reading that the headphones are now in 2 Channel 16bit 48khz instead of 8 Channel 24bit 96khz. Changing it disables Atmos apparently.