Inheritance

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
I was not able to find a match to my problem. I was not able to pinpoint the program that seemed to do the hijacking, but I highly suspect steam. I have a k65 RGB. I had CUE open, had been fiddling with profile to attach to quake, got bored exited that profile by clicking into another profile, then started playing D&D which has it's own lighting profile attached. It did some weird switching while the game was loading (not sure how the .exe would lose whatever control it has, the profile stayed if I alt+tabbed away from the game) and somewhere in the process the control of the red of the RGB was hijacked. My layout looked weird while I played then I switched into some others after the game and realized the red was gone from every profile. I restarted the CUE software a few times, even ended the process in the task manager trying to remedy the problem. It didn't so I got aggravated and closed all open programs in one big sweep in preparation to reboot. Before I rebooted I noticed the red was back in my profile. I suspect steam because of the oddity that happened when starting the game about the time I noticed the colors looked weird.

I was not able to find a match to my problem. I was not able to pinpoint the program that seemed to do the hijacking, but I highly suspect steam. I have a k65 RGB. I had CUE open, had been fiddling with profile to attach to quake, got bored exited that profile by clicking into another profile, then started playing D&D which has it's own lighting profile attached. It did some weird switching while the game was loading (not sure how the .exe would lose whatever control it has, the profile stayed if I alt+tabbed away from the game) and somewhere in the process the control of the red of the RGB was hijacked. My layout looked weird while I played then I switched into some others after the game and realized the red was gone from every profile. I restarted the CUE software a few times, even ended the process in the task manager trying to remedy the problem. It didn't so I got aggravated and closed all open programs in one big sweep in preparation to reboot. Before I rebooted I noticed the red was back in my profile. I suspect steam because of the oddity that happened when starting the game about the time I noticed the colors looked weird.

There are issues with the profile auto switching when changing form game to game, but i dont really use that feature and most of the time its because of other software. Try contacting Corsair Support and see if they can help

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've read everything in the FAQ, but still can't find answers to my problems!

Can anyone help please?

I have led's that are still on even if the key is on Lightning Off, and when im on a profile i have 6 keys that are always Green, lightning off... stay green, switch to red color... still green!!!!!

When your default profile is white and red and there's green keys it look so baddd!

How can i fix it?!?!

My keyboard is like 10 days old! :(

Thx for the answers :D

• 3 weeks later...
Update of firmware on K70 fails.

http://i.imgur.com/4JDbd8V.png

Do you have a K70 non-RGB or the newer RGB version? This thread is only for the RGB version while that firmware update is for the old non-RGB one.

And in case you have the old non-RGB version then you probably don't need it anyway, the FW update is quite old and all the keyboards being sold now are already updated to it from the factory most likely.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got my K95 RGB today, this thing is awesome! I've already created a nice matrix style theme... (I know... I'm cheesy and old... yes, but I still love the movie)... Anyway, when I put my computer to sleep mode, the profile changes to some random preset mode that I can't seem to find or change. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I've searched the forum for sleep mode issues, but most seem to come back with buttons not working properly or themes not working properly when the computer is restared. They say nothing about the whole theme changing when in sleep mode. The whole point of creating this theme was to have it look like that when I was away from the keyboard for awhile...lol... any help is much appreciated.

Hello. I just got the Strafe, and I have to say, I'm glad I made the change from the conventional keyboard (for many years, for as long as I can remember) to a mechanical one. I just really love the feel and sound of it.

I have an issue with mine though. I already have chosen a lighting effect and saved a profile, but almost everytime I open my PC, it doesn't load up the lighting effect I saved. Instead, it does these crazy effects that aren't in the options. One is almost similar to the rain effect, and the other seems like the new circular wave introduced in the Strafe RGB video. I have to quit CUE and start it again in order to load my profile. Is there a way I can avoid that?

Also, I'm curious if I can have a different lighting effect for when my PC is idle and a different one while I'm actively typing? (Specifically Visor when it's idle, and type lighting when active)

How do you flash your firmware for a K70 rgb?

I was told to flash my firmware in attempt to fix the issue my k70 rgb is having but I'm not sure how to do that?

You need to flash it from the CUE software. In case CUE does not detect it there is a way to hard-flash the firmware to the keyboard but it involves a different process that only the Corsair support knows.

Have you tried with CUE yet? You need to open it and go in SETTINGS > DEVICES > find your device in the list > hit the "Update Firmware" button.

You need to flash it from the CUE software. In case CUE does not detect it there is a way to hard-flash the firmware to the keyboard but it involves a different process that only the Corsair support knows.

Have you tried with CUE yet? You need to open it and go in SETTINGS > DEVICES > find your device in the list > hit the "Update Firmware" button.

It just says that it's already up to date. So by flash do they mean I get the firmware file and manually update?

• 2 weeks later...
So I have a questions about your guide. According to Corsair Tech Support my K95 keyboard and M65 mouse are not compatible with Windows 10. I have tried several times uninstalling the CUE, both drivers and every time I get "Device Not Detected". According to a Corsair email all drivers should be working with Windows 10. any suggestions?

So I have a questions about your guide. According to Corsair Tech Support my K95 keyboard and M65 mouse are not compatible with Windows 10. I have tried several times uninstalling the CUE, both drivers and every time I get "Device Not Detected". According to a Corsair email all drivers should be working with Windows 10. any suggestions?

CUE does not work with Legacy devices. and there are issues with legacy devices on windows 10 which Corsair is looking in to. but as far as a fix goes i dont have anything. I only document fixes im usually not the one to find them

• 2 weeks later...
I really want to love the K70 ... but the LEDs -.- .... I dont get a smooth Gradient with 512colors or 16.8Mio colors. Either they are not smooth (Even one with a lighter green to a darker one/or black) or it is flickering like hell =/ ... is there a possibility to get smooth gradients ?

I really want to love the K70 ... but the LEDs -.- .... I dont get a smooth Gradient with 512colors or 16.8Mio colors. Either they are not smooth (Even one with a lighter green to a darker one/or black) or it is flickering like hell =/ ... is there a possibility to get smooth gradients ?

not with the K70, only the Strafe. You can contact Corsair support to get a refund on the K70 or have them replace it with a Strafe. If you choose to get a Strafe replacement you will not get reimbursed for the difference.

not with the K70, only the Strafe. You can contact Corsair support to get a refund on the K70 or have them replace it with a Strafe. If you choose to get a Strafe replacement you will not get reimbursed for the difference.

Thanks for the quick reply. Than I will stick to themes where this isnt that obvious. I would appreciate an option where you can select the Mode (512/16.8Mio) within the Profile and safe it. So you dont have to switch it everytime when one option isnt looking as good as the other one for a specific Profile.

Thanks for the quick reply. Than I will stick to themes where this isnt that obvious. I would appreciate an option where you can select the Mode (512/16.8Mio) within the Profile and safe it. So you dont have to switch it everytime when one option isnt looking as good as the other one for a specific Profile.

the idea of having the option under each mode has been brought up. It should be implemented in the next major revision of CUE, in a way. I cant give more details due to NDA, but a option like that will be there.