Corsair Community

Corsair VOID PRO Wireless won't finish charging

drnolove

Same issue here. Just upgraded from the Void RGB Wireless to Void Pro Wireless. I've been plugged in for 5 hours now, and the charging light is still Amber. I always leave new electronics plugged in out of the box until they are fully charged. But the light is not turning green as expected.

I just purchased the headset as well. It never gave me the finished charging LED color (after charging for 3 hours). I used it until it was pretty much dead. Then the next time I charged it, it actually popped up with the LED being green after it was charged all the way.

• Corsair Employee
Update for those of you encountering this issue. We are looking into what is causing the status to not read properly. The headset should work normally aside from the status light when charging, and last the advertised usage length. A software/firmware update will be released to correct the status light. I don't have an ETA on when this will be released, but once I do I can let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a similar problem. The LED next to the charge port never change from orange to Green when charging and when I remove the charge cable it start blinking green, not the solid green as it should. CUE tells me its 100% charge (then a second later turns to 99% charge) but it still keeps blinking green, never a solid green color.

Now, my headset also keeps doing this rapid *bipbipbip* noise for no apparent reason. I got it turned on with no charger inside and from time to time it just randomly do this *bipbipbip* noise. I have not checked if it does so if any sound is playing but still its a bit annoying and I don't know what its about. At first I though it was the headset warning me it had been idle for 5 minutes and thus would shut itself off, but it never shuts off and it just keeps repeating the noise as stated above. So yeah I have no idea what is going on and I'm really considering returning the headset and getting me a different one.

To bad cause all other Corsair products I've tried have been fine.

Picked up one of these headsets last night.. Charged for 12 hours.. light is still solid amber and is not changing to green as manual stated very clearly and firmly to make sure to charge to green on the first charge.

I will wait a few more hours, than if still amber...back to the store they go!

Not really happy right out of the box something is wrong with them. :mad:

• Corsair Employee
Update for those of you encountering this issue. We are looking into what is causing the status to not read properly. The headset should work normally aside from the status light when charging, and last the advertised usage length. A software/firmware update will be released to correct the status light. I don't have an ETA on when this will be released, but once I do I can let you know.

@Gopherman - I posted above about this issue being looked into. As long as the headset functions fine other than the charging light, you should be fine until we release the firmware update.

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee

The battery indicator isn't completely accurate because there are a few reasons why:

1.) It doesn't have a true battery gauge like you find on a phone because such a component is actually really expensive (and usually reserved for cell phones). As a result, our LED indicator is very generous in how it displays color. Even though you see amber, its still going to last up to the hours we promised. The headset may never actually report 100% to become solid green but anything between 90-ish% means its near full. You can test this yourself by using the headset and timing how long it lasts (with the knowledge that no RGB lighting = more battery life).

I just purchased the Void Pro RGB Wireless, and charging it right now. My question is where can I see the percentage? I can only see "Charging" in CUE, no percentages.

NVM, apparently you can't see percentages while charging, only when it's not charging.

Edited by Nandiman

• 3 months later...
I just grabbed a pair of the Void Pro Wireless and I am a little annoyed that their are no audio cues for even "Battery High, Medium, Low, Charge Soon" Even a super cheap bluetooth headset has that feature. I request that if you can not add it as an estimated audio cue (I don't expect exact numbers but just a general idea of when to charge would be fine), at least you should develop some desktop widget we can have to monitor it as the Utility Engine is a horrible way to track it.

The battery indicator isn't completely accurate because there are a few reasons why:

1.) It doesn't have a true battery gauge like you find on a phone because such a component is actually really expensive (and usually reserved for cell phones). As a result, our LED indicator is very generous in how it displays color. Even though you see amber, its still going to last up to the hours we promised. The headset may never actually report 100% to become solid green but anything between 90-ish% means its near full. You can test this yourself by using the headset and timing how long it lasts (with the knowledge that no RGB lighting = more battery life).

I'm not sure what is wrong with my headset but I would leave my corsair void pro wireless headset charging all night and in the morning it is almost always around 30%, it's plugged in the back of my pc on the mobo in a usb 2.0 port.

• 2 weeks later...
Just jumped on the Forums to see if anybody else was having this issue. My situation is that it will charge but it says "charge complete" and stops around 88% and I have to unplug/plugin the charge cord to get it to charge again but after 10 min it stops charging and has maybe gone up 1 or 2 percent.

• 1 year later...

Hello my headphones dosent say when they end charge or anything. closing it and re opening while the calbe is on it show the number (100%) but it dosent say that has been charged and the light is still red and not green. can anyone help me please? i bought them like 2 weeks ago.

Still waiting for a corsair to send me a msg and help me....

Edited by Dimitris_GR

I have similar issues to what everyone else is reporting with regards LED colour of lights, not apparently fully charging etc. However, I also have the problem of the phones not working correctly, in that no sound is being picked up. The only way to again get them to pick up the sound is to force a firmware update of the phones. They then work correctly! This is almost an everyday occurence. Please Corsair, get your act together. I have a keyboard as well, but with these apparent software/firmware bugs I'll think twice about replacements.

• 2 weeks later...
What type of symptoms are you seeing that makes you feel the headset is not charging?

yout corsair lights being on despite headset being off, bassicly disableing me from charging the headset, i spent 100 dollors on this and none of the problems from who knows when have been adressed.

• 3 weeks later...
I have been charging for 6 hours and still have a red light. Should I attempt to determine what the charge is, or let it go longer? I just moved from a USB 2.0 to 3.0 in hopes that the light would change color. Like the rest of you I don't want to degrade my battery memory by powering on before the charge is complete.

• 3 months later...
I have void pro rgb wirelles headphones. They are new, but they don't charge to 100 percent. They are still connected, and after disconnecting from USB there is max. 96% battery. If they are connected longer, the battery charge percentage drops to 92, and it oscillates anyway. Is this normal on this model? The green diode does not light up and I do not know when they are fully charged. Corsair, please help.

• 1 month later...
It seems most Corsair products I purchase nowadays seem to have some type of problem, or multiple. That is sad, in the past I always considered them the best. Anyway, have been charging the void pro RGB I got as a gift for more than 10 hours...the color is still Amber. Around two hours in I also opened it by mistake, hopefully didn't mess up the battery memory (whatever that is..) I have no way to know WHEN I can actually start using the headset...

What type of symptoms are you seeing that makes you feel the headset is not charging?

I have this same problem my new corsair void wireless doesn't turn on. I charged it overnight and held the power button trying to pair it for the first time but it doesn't turn on. When it is plugged into a charger it turns on but I want to use it wirelessly.