Corsair Community

Corsair Glaive double click bug (like m65)

captainzero

Number on their testing firmware is 104 and so is the one available through CUE but i'm guessing it's not the same. But if they say they are aware of the issue and they are still testing I hope 1.05 is in the making and hopefully it

fixes all issues.

Yeah, when James posted that here it wasn't being pushed out through CUE yet.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opening Glaive is a bit troublesome, since all four main screws are hidden under the largest slide pads. Once they have been peeled off, it will not be possible to glue them exactly as they were before. I can't see them anywhere to buy as a spare part and my mouse was opened twice already (for two different fixes to try one after another) so they are already in not good shape. If I could buy them separately, I could try to make more precision tutorial. Be advised that once your mouse is opened, you are doing everything on your own risk and probably void your warranty.

The main problem is that you have to deal with very cautious disassembling process, including unplugging the communication tape, taking off scroll wheel and removing entirely one of the PCBs. Everything is made very tight. Once you take the main top cover of your mouse off (unscrew four mentioned screws and push the cover forward for releasing two hooks under both left and right mouse buttons), you should be able to figure out most of this process. I believe M65 is easier to handle than Glaive.

For the switch alone, the one used by Glaive is omron-d2fc-f-k-50m. You can open it with nail and/or toothpick:

sPKbmfx.jpg

Once you have it opened, clear it first and then gently bend up the main plate with mentioned toothpick and then prepare for bending it up. Put the toothpick like I did on this photomontage:

kFhVOLu.jpg

The bend should be really minimal. In my case it was something like this:

ZXXnb2I.jpg

The feeling of this switch while working can be a little different after you put it all back together, but it shouldn't be more than 5% of a difference. Anyway, that was my way to fix Corsair Glaive double click problem.

Very good general tutorial you can find on polish site named Test Gear: http://www.test-gear.pl/poradniki/mikroprzelaczniki-rodzajenaprawawymiana/

You can use Google Translator. I've used parts of their photos only to show you how to do it in our case.

Hope it helps.

Thank you mate. I'm not sure if you're the one who posted a video on youtube on how to fix this. but i can confirm that this, indeed fix double-clicking issue with my glaive.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this fixed yet?

What firmware is the mouse at right now?

still problems with newer batches of mice?

can anyone confirm something?

I really wanna buy this mouse, perfect weight

Im naturally left handed and need a heavy mouse since my dexterity isnt the best on the right hand

Does Corsair have no interest in solving this?

Every seond review of this product in sweden says double click issue...

like u need endless returns of it

This is a joke? Product series need to be cancled and this fixed

They cant even seem to fix it with firmware

Why release a great mouse that feels amazing to aim with, and then have loads of issues of it and not fix them?

To troll people? U think u find the perfect mouse and u gotta return it after 14 days

Yeah this is sad. Mouse had been out on the market for like 6 months and the only viable solution is to open mouse and mechanically fix omron switch which would probably also result in voiding the warranty.

I thought of just switching the mouse for other Corsair mouse but seems like the Glaive is the only option, since M65 sniper button is badly placed and sometimes missclicked when picking mouse from the ground which I sometimes do, I don't need that many buttons as Scimitar have and Sabre have a bad sensor. Not to mention that all of them have double-click issue is what I have read on this forum but at least not on the scale that Glaive has.

If I would have confirmation that opening and fixing omron switch with the video shown few posts above wouldn't void warranty I would do it. I could just give the mouse to support if they would do it for me but all they do is replace the mouse for new one with the same issue.

For more that 2 months the firmware for mouse is 1.04 and no news when the new one comes out or even if they try to work on fixing double click issue.

I wonder how many people who bought this mouse have no problem with double-click. Maybe its a false batch of omron switches for europe and all is fine in asia or sth. But if thats the case then why noone tested it. How could Corsair release such mouse with problem this big on a huge scale.

If anyone have a good alternative I'm all ears.

im also having this problem as of a few months ago. i just did an update for 2.21.67 but it didnt really seem to do anything. really bums me out because this is an awesome mouse and it worked fine for a long time. dunno why it started doing this :C wish i could do something about it without voiding the warranty.

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here with Corsair Glaive RGB (purchased 2017-10-06) on a brand new system running Ryzen 1700x and Crosshair VI Hero. Noticed this in file explorer, Office and battlefield 4 (and overall of course).

Besides this bug, which makes the mouse unusable, the product is very nice.

Basically I have to go to my hardware supplier (1 hour drive) and exchange the mouse, if this can't be solved.

Edited by AllInBlack

It's obviously a hardware issue with the switches they are using in these mice, as evidenced by a user in this thread fixing the issue by bending the switch up slightly. They keep hoping they can fix a physical hardware issue with firmware, because they know it will cost them lot of money in shipping etc. to have to replace all the affected mice. Very similar issue with the game controller issue and their K55 etc. keyboards - they continually claim it's a Steam issue despite it happening when Steam isn't even open. It's a driver issue with THEIR HID drivers/Windows.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys i'm having the same problem and its making me go crazy. I'm pretty sure its a hardware problem, but im wondering if this problem is gonna get fixed somehow. I still have warrenty on my product and wonder if i should just return it? and get a razer mouse.

Do you guys think this problem is gonna get fixed any time soon??

just a small update. I choose to return the product and buy a razer death elite. Corsair should never allow a problem to excist this long.

LOL!! Yeah Razer is known for quality products. hahahahahahahaa

They are the kings of overpriced / absolute garbage quality products. But hey good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Problem is, your shiny new Glaive RGB will start to develop the same issue as the metal inside the switch fatigues. This seems to be a hardware issue with the mechanical switch Corsair uses in the mouse. As you use it, and the more you click, the more it fatigues and then the issue starts. I'm guessing there is no real fix for this and Corsair will just keep issuing RMAs?

• 2 months later...
Is it just me or if i hold my left click tightly it double clicks after but then if i hold it soft and gently then do what ever i want (dragging for example) it never seems to be a problem, :sigh!: or maybe they are using us as an experiment for the next firmware update where they add how tight you need to squeeze the button. if so i hope i helped you noticed something

• 3 weeks later...
Now finally on 3rd attempt I managed to register correctly. My Glaive started doing this when I press the left button gently. Almost lost some pictures today on copying. Opening a warranty claim with the re-seller, will keep you posted. This is really bad. Would have been the perfect mouse for me. And great pair for my K65 RGB.

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I'm not having a double clicking in windows, but my issue is the feeling on the finger. The left click feels harder and cheaper than the right one. It's like an not accurate click. It's my second one from Media Markt Belgium, they took the mouse back and probably sent to Corsair. But the second one has the same issue but way more less noticeable. It's like a two times push button.

Just to make you know, Corsair. :[pouts:

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I to have a Corsair Glaive doing the same thing. It does the double click thing on the RMB. It started doing it just a couple hundred hours into it's use.

I put about 1200 maybe 1300 hours of gaming into it, playing primarily The Division, so a Shooter game that requires alot of clicking.

The issue is most prevalent when I go to ZOOM IN the gun. I will get a stutter zoom, where my guy half zooms and and zooms back out real quick. Sometimes it does it once, sometimes it does is every single time I zoom. It has this issue in batches. It is also noticeable when I play Napoleon or SHogun 2 Total War. When I move my formations, I will hold RMB and drag to reset them up and when I release RMB, it will randomly click my formation off in some random other part of the map. Same as Division, it will sometimes do it once, and ive had it do it like 4-5-6 times right in a row.

ITs quite aggravating that its happening to. THis mouse is otherwise really good. I thoroughly enjoyed it, it handles well, feels good, and yeah, besides the broke damn RMB, its a great map.