Corsair Community

H150 i pro xt

BGA

Hey guys, I know I'm posting in the wrong spot, but I have never done this before so please forgive. I have a question. 2 weeks ago, I purchased an upgrade ! A new H150I PRO ( NON XT ) , Long story less long, I returned it because it was damaged( Pump housing was cracked.

No problem, Corsair is amazing, I paid the difference, and got the PRO XT ICUE.

Worked great until yesterday. When my Noctua A12x25 Rad fans came in, I switched the MAGLEV FANS to the Noctua , and everything was great. I decided at that point that I would go into ICUE, make a custom fan curve, as the Noctua's are very quite.

GREAT! Fan curved worked, for about 3 minutes until Icue pinned the fans to 100 percent, making any fan that sits right beside your face rather loud.

I have now, after 48 full hours of Fu**ing around, gotten absolutely NO WHERE. Fans spin at 100 percent, regardless of what i do in ICUE.

Low noise adap works to bring them down to 1200 rpm.

I have even tryed switching back to the MAG LEV fans, STILL NOTHING!!

I guess at the end of the day, my question is, when and IF i get my money back for this faulty product, whats the besat entry into Custom Water Cooling lol

Most of the time you get stuck at 100%, it is a physical issue. Disconnecting the fan(s) and reconnecting may help. However, if all 3 are pegged at 100%, it may be something else.

1) As mentioned above, try a repair install from Windows -> Apps list. This is general clean up tool for corrupted files that does not erase your settings.

2) If it does not work, force quit iCUE, then open up C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair/CUE/Cooling. Take that config file in there and cut and paste it to the desktop. Those are your existing cooling curves. Re-launch iCUE and it will re-create a new config file. See if control returns. If not, you can drop your prior config file back into the Cooling folder to get your curves back (restart iCUE).

3) Create a custom curve using the + symbol in the Performance tab. Check the PWM % option and pick any value 30-50%. Apply it to the fans. Do they respond?

4) Can you confirm the old ML120s also have no control now? You only need to jack one into the splitter to test since the cooler has 3 independent fan channels. There are some PWM control issues with certain European origin fans. Standard Noctuas have not been an issue, but some of the Industrial models can be problematic with PWM control.

Thanks for quick reply guys, I will try Repair once I get home shortly. As for “ #3 “;

the original fans , no control what so ever. That was one of my first thoughts as well, “ maybe its just fans” , but both are pinned at 100 percent when plugged into the AIO, and BOTH work perfectly when plugged into normal fan header.

Also I will try number 2 as well and let you guys know asap, and also NO to the custom curve, even Tryed zero rpm, No dice my friends

If the A12s did work for a short time, it probably is not a PWM communication issue and more likely a controller error. Since the ML no longer have control either, that seems to remove that aspect of it. If you were unable to resolve it through the software resets, you may need to do it via the cooler.

Corsair would like you to contact their official support team in order to do a firmware flash. I understand why and I don't recommend people casually or routinely flash the firmware on these coolers. However, it's kind of hard to ask that if the response time for support is 5-7 days and you don't have a working cooler. Try the iCUE reload first and click the update the firmware box in the settings for the cooler. If it won't reload or doesn't work, you can try the steps listed here. Again, don't flash the firmware randomly unless you have eliminated other possibilities. It is the last resort.

I am assuming the pump is otherwise working (the continual ramping up of coolant and CPU temp would indicate it is not working). To get some relief from this, move the fans off the cooler and to the motherboard for the time being (if you haven't already). CPU temp is not a great control variable, but just keep you range between something like 800-1300 rpm for the entire CPU temp range. No 360mm can "overheat" at 1300 rpm. Keep the fans in the middle zone and the continual shifts should be less noticeable. Asus does have fan delays in the Advanced BIOS -> Monitoring section. +12 seconds is perfect. Just be aware there are usually hidden protocols on Asus boards that will override those delay settings under certain circumstances.

Thanks C. Yes, I have already done that. I think I am just more upset with the Fact that it just isn't working , its just insane to me. And Corsair, has so far sent me just one email back to the ticket asking to do a clean install , lol gunna be a long few days

interesting. NO, I have still only 1 Reply from CORSAIR SUPPORT. ATM I just plugging into Fan headers on MoBo. I legit am losing my mind, each day that I am not contacted or coached in the right direction. It really is wild

Dedstar was able to resolve with a firmware flash. I am not sure why your unit is so stubborn. It's possible the controller blew, but that doesn't always take it to max (random intermittent and different on each restart) and we haven't seen any of that on these units. We have seen a few with glitched firmware.

hmmm, I just worry that flashing it will put me in an even worse spot. Right now even though it is really insane this is still going on with no help from support, not even a follow up email from there first " Uninstall " email almost a week ago.

I would be more upset if i flash firmware and it bricks something else.. I do have another H100 Pro laying around, but i switched it and tryed to upgrade for a Reason... but " Cake and eat it to" and all that ;)

Do you guys think I should Image the current firmware first ? Not that I really like how its acting, but its working non the less

If you are worried about it, I would wait. You have a work-around solution in place that keeps you up and running without major side effects. It is possible to brick the cooler and cause the pump to no longer function properly. That then forces you into an immediate change state. This shouldn't happen, but it is not impossible. If support tells you to flash it and it locks up, then there is no ambiguity about responsibility.