Corsair Community

ll120 fans leds malfunctioning

keagan458

hi, the leds in my ll120 fans have changing to random unassigned colors and flickering as well. I had them rma'd and they worked fine for about 2 weeks and then they started having issues again. I have tried reinstalling icue, restarting corsair service, rearranging the fans configurations, and putting the controller on it's own sata cable. Nothing seems to work. Is there way to fix this? What might be causing it? Also I noticed that the issue mainly occurs while I'm gaming.

Thank you

Can you please detail how the LL fans are connected? Lighting Node Pro? Commander Pro? Platinum Cooler? And how the USB for any devices is connected?

There are known issues related to AMD chipsets and certain connections with some of the Corsair devices. They are working on this and I'm wondering if this falls into that category of issue.

What version of ICurse are you using? I experienced a similar issue when running 3.14 and 3.15 if I set certain lighting schemes so if you don't have the latest version make sure you update to that as it solved that for me as well. Another thing to check is force an update on the LNP even if it says it doesn't need it.

ok so I'm still having some problems but I am pretty sure that it only happens when I have the fans set to static white. Maybe a power a issue? I have the lighting node pro on it's own sata cable btw.

With the fans, the power is provided by the RGB Fan LED Hub, not by the LNP. Try setting the fans to either Red, Green or Blue, solid color. Does it happen on any of those modes?

Ok I tried pretty much every color and it seems that white is the only problematic one.

Interesting. That does make it seem like it is potentially power related - white does draw the most power. How many fans are we looking at here? 6 LL fans at full white will draw around 4.2A - less than the spec for SATA power but getting close to the max.

There are 3 LL120 fans. Do you think it could be a problem with my psu?

It's hard to say. It could be voltage drop on the line - not necessarily a problem with the PSU. Do you have other stuff on the same line? What happens if you set all of the LEDs to *almost* white? (like ... 250/250/250)

The fans are the only thing on that line and when I set them to 250/250/250 or anything close to white they instantly start flickering and changing to random colors. And also I noticed that it does sort of happen with some other colors but it's not nearly as bad as white. Edited by keagan458

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...