Corsair Community

New iCue "Freezes" and requires constant CorsairService restart

Rakshasas

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had this same issue. After tracking the problem for many days, i noticed any brief spike to 100% while gaming etc would cause the corsair service to fail. I have changed the application priority in task manager for both Corsair.Service.exe and Corsair.Service.Display to high and have now completed 2 days of stress testing without ICUE going flatline or any instability.

Hope this helps. Wash.

• Confused 1

I have had this same issue. After tracking the problem for many days, i noticed any brief spike to 100% while gaming etc would cause the corsair service to fail. I have changed the application priority in task manager for both Corsair.Service.exe and Corsair.Service.Display to high and have now completed 2 days of stress testing without ICUE going flatline or any instability.

Hope this helps. Wash.

This is a workaround. I hope this is picked up by Corsair so they can fix this issue in their software. I would be kinda embarrassed if I was Corsair, not having this fixed yet.

Hope this helps. Wash.

I'm trying this too, now.

Seems to work :-)

Edited by BNEA02

Hope this helps. Wash.

I am also trying this and will see if it works

Coolers are designed to run without software but monitoring the temperature of the coolant.

Thanks for the logs - I will review!

Have you picked up the latest in this thread and can you confirm you are working on a solution? Thanks

Hope this helps. Wash.

Thanks for posting, this seems to have helped.

I'm still getting freezes but the priority setting has helped. Oddly enough I added a node pro yesterday and haven't seen a freeze yet. Corsair staff havent seen this thread lately. I received a reply on a support ticket yesterday that was, let's say, less than inspiring...

Still running Windows 7 Home Premium here.

Few days ago I did some testing, found the corsair service to be only governing the Lighting Node Pro in my machine. Setting the service to disabled and killing it in task fixes all my frame drops / stuttering / lag in games and when watching videos.

My K95 and MM800 still work just fine so I can put up with loosing the Lighting Node Pro until corsair release a fix/new iCUE revision.

Interesting... I have never had to do any manual restart of Icue. I generally leave my PC in sleep mode and it wakes up fine and occasionally restart my PC and it all comes back happy.

Then again I haven't actually read any part of this thread so perhaps I'm missing the key factors here.

Using windows 10

Damn, looks like the problem is back. It seems to revolve around my h100i V2. When it freezes I can still change my RGB profile and everything switches fine expect the cooler. Curious how many of us are using the same cooler?

It helps if you guys can fill out your system specs

stumbled upon this thread searching for a fix for this issue. it would be real nice if this could be fixed, it effects both the icue settings tool, and for me my icue space stops updating as well.

i have a completely fresh reload of windows 10 1803, and the 3.6.109 version of icue. i dont have to be doing anything to make it stop responding, just a reboot, and waiting for a time will cause the issue. please fix.

FYI - I have been working with them on a support ticket for a few weeks now. They've decided that it's likely my h100i V2 is faulty and we're doing an RMA on it. They're out of stock on the V2 and will be sending me an h100i PRO, I will report if I continue to have issues or not

Hi all,

I'm also getting this problem with my H100i v2. I bought a corsair keyboard so I changed LINK to iCue software.

I'm not sure if I've always had this problem or if it was a recent iCue update. I'm currently on latest iCue and the behavior is the dashboard freezes, iCue doesn't get any new readings so the fan profile is "stuck" on the last temperature reading.

If I restart the corsair service + iCue software it will get back to normal but will get stuck again randomly.

Any solution for this?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...