Corsair Community

M65 RGB Double click bug

Freaxy

Hi all,

last Wednesday I bought this new mouse and up until yesterday it worked fine.

Then it started to have this annoying bug where I left click 1 time and it registers as a double click. This happens occasionally, but it is very annoying.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?:confused:

Things I already tried:

• Rebooting
  • Re-plugging it in
  • Uninstalled CUE software (problem persisted even without it installed)
  • Re-installing CUE software
  • Updating firmware
  • Switching left and right clicks (the left button on the mouse still gave the problem)
  • USB 2.0 & USB 3.0 (didn't matter)
  • Tried my old mouse (logitech G700) and it didn't have the problem
  • Tried it on my laptop without CUE software and it does exactly the same

Using

• Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
  • Firmware v1.13
  • CUE 1.1.56
  • System specs on my profile are up to date.

I think it's either firmware, although that would be strange if no one else got this bug, or hardware.

It's really starting to bug me and have no other ideas anymore.

It's running together with a K70 rgb btw.

Maybe I should return it and get a new one?

Thanks!

Edited by Freaxy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done virtually nothing for the last 24 hours except play Elite: Dangerous but you're right... it's happening in all programs.

edit - holding down the left button for about half a second then releasing it seems to get around the double click.

Edited by Jumbles

It makes a clicking sound once when it's pressed and again when it's released. That's as good as I can get I'm afraid. However it does feel and sound different to the right mouse button. It's much less tactile and quite muted. I can't remember what it sounded like when it was brand new. Edited by Jumbles

• 2 weeks later...
Were you able to find a resolution to your issue? I purchased my mouse 2 days ago and I'm having the same issue out of the box. I've updated the firmware and all of that too. I was going to go back to the store and exchange it for the same mouse, but I see others are having the same issue, so I was wondering if there was any resolution?

I returned it to the store. Got a new one just today and up untill now it works flawless.

I tried a ton of things but nothing helped. The mouse did the same on my laptop and the store I returned it to encountered the same problem. So it's probably a faulty switch.

Thanks for the info. Has your new mouse been doing the double click bug also? I am getting ready to leave for best buy right now to exchange this mouse for the same model. M65 RGB. If there is a faulty switch, will something be done about it? I really like this mouse, but sometimes It gets to the point where I would rather use a track pad.

Any answers on this yet? I am also having this issue. At first I tried upping my mouse clicking speed, and that worked for a short time, but eventually it continued doing it regardless. Please fix this, I am considering going back to my other mouse until this is fixed as this is really freaking annoying.

as far as I can tell, it seems to double click more when you make a soft to medium click, as opposed to a hard click, if that makes sense. This leads me to wonder if it could be a problem with the actual mouse and NOT the firmware.:[pouts:

Ok yesterday i received my exchanged M65 RGB. Returned it again immidiatelly. No double click issue yet but this time the side of the mouse touches the mouse pad. Normally only the glide pads touch the mouse pad which give a smooth feel when you move the mouse. Now everytime i move the mouse you can hear it scratch the mousepad and it does not glide smooth like it should do. Very dissapointing. I am keeping the K70RGB keyboard but i won't buy a corsair mouse again...