Corsair Community

H115i with i3 (dont Judge) LED Headers on fan pump not working

Braxton Eckert

Ok, so I currently am having trouble with my LED pump fan Header on my H115i, iCUE will recognize the pump, and I can assign it different lighting configs. But the fan header itself wont light up.

The fans are fine, but I did have trouble with another H115i that I ordered previously, but the LEDs on one of the fans didn't work (due to a missing pin in the connectors, I believe) and the Pump didn't work at all. I am hoping I dont have to order a third one.

I have tried force updating the firmware multiple times, switched SATA ports, triple-checked for any missing pins, but i couldnt find anything wrong!

Thanks!

First, one of the fan headers will be missing a pin. That's fine and normal.

Try a different USB port but also try a different SATA line from the PSU - not just a different connector but a different line completely. Also, make sure that you aren't using any adapters or extensions.

Hey thanks for the replys, and i tried all of your suggestions but, unfortunately none of them worked.

I also feel like I need to clarify what I said because looking over what I wrote, I seem to be incorrect in what i was saying...

The fans do work completely fine, but it is the fan header pump that is not working, I am receiving power from my SATA ports and im able to change the fans to different configurations completely fine, On the CUE software, it says that the pump is changing colors along with the fans, but its not. BTW it is the Platnuim addition, sorry for not adding that!

Again I really appreciate all the help you guys are offering me, Thanks!

• Corsair Employee
It's because of the PSU. Thermaltake's PSU's have some kind of on-demand power for their SATA cable that doesn't activate when connected through to the RGB coolers. In other words, the cooler's being powered, but the LED rail isn't. Try another SATA port, or if that specific PSU has software functionality, see if you can have the 3.3rail running all the time rather than the on-demand system Thermaltake is trying to use on it.

• Corsair Employee

I believe it's very specifically the "Smart" PSU line, because that one controls voltages directly.

Also, will say it's not experienced across the board. But, every time this issue shows up, the user has a Thermaltake PSU, normally Smart PSU line, and we're pretty sure we've traced the issue to their SATA cables.

yeah i see what you mean now

Ive attempted to connect it to every diffrent sata cable in my PSU... with no luck...

Should I just invest into a new PSU?

I would recommend a Corsair PSU, RMx or higher. ;-)

(And, seriously, I would ... I've had several TT failures while my Corsair PSUs have been rock solid.)

• 1 month later...