Corsair Community

Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless Double-Click Problem (Solved)

Have same problem with 2 devices bought in Russia. None of soulutions above helped.

I don't think they care. They're not responding to my emails. I'm pretty pissed with them. I'm avoiding Corsair at all costs now. 80$ down the drain. Not what I needed and I'm looking at Razer and Logitech for a wireless mouse now. :mad::mad::mad:

Same issue with phantom clicks in US. It started when I updated the mouse and dongle firmware (1.9.85 mouse and 1.7.58 dongle) and persists even when the dongle is not plugged in (running off USB). Software version 3.31.81. The error occurs even in Win 10 mouse settings while testing double-click speed. I have not tried reinstalling iCue or downgrading firmware yet.

Update: I don't seem to be able to roll back the firmware (as others have suggested) but have reinstalled iCue without any luck. Using the mouse on USB without the dongle attached causes phantom clicks as does using it with the dongle but no USB.

Update 2: I have my Corsair mouse, keyboard, and headset plugged into a (powered) USB hub. Moving the mouse USB to a motherboard port (bypassing the hub) seems to fix the issue for now, but this was not occurring before the firmware update.

Update 3: The phantom clicks are back with a vengeance this morning with 30-50% of all clicks registering as double-clicks. Rolled back the firmware to 0.5.64 and it seems okay now.

Edited by roycekimmons
updates

Is this actually a joke Corsair ? Seriously this needs to be said ! I have returned and replaced with new 3 times ! 1st time no DPI settings except lowest, would not recognize wireless adapter and had to try to pair continuously ? Updater is a lie.

2nd time same issue of pairing and DPI resets every time ? iCUE is a waste of software ! IT will not remember the last DPI settings ? Why would the mouse need to use so much system ram ?

Updating is a nightmare it takes multiple tries to get this thing to update ?

Now after last update this thing is rendered useless !!!! I am set for single click to open folders. Now all it does is double click on its own ! No matter how many times I try to mess with mouse settings and click speed it persists ! The second click is on the release of the button ?

Will be returning and never look at another corsair mouse again. EDIT : Hey you know what corsair, if you cannot respond to paying customers ongoing issues...and its pretty clear you dont give rats A555....... GO F#@$! yourselves. Corsair is trash.

Edited by Harpooned

• Corsair Employee
I'm sure you're all aware, but we're still working on this. We've been working with members of the community to collect units for testing, and continuing to do so. Our main goal is to ensure when a change is made, everything goes smoothly for all of you. I'll continue to give updates as I get them. Edited by Corsair Nick

I have had the Harpoon RGB wireless mouse for about three months. For the first ~six weeks I used it without having downloaded the iCue software and the mouse functioned without any issue whatsoever - I was very pleased with it.

I installed the iCue software and around three weeks ago I installed the latest updates to the mouse. The mouse continued to function just fine until a couple of days ago. Now my mouse is registering double clicks every time I click. It appears to register the first click as soon as I press down and the second click when I release.

This problem is made all the more annoying as the mouse worked flawlessly out of the box, but now that I have all the latest updates installed it is near enough unusable.

I will try the fixes in this thread and report back, but thought it was worth registering to note that this issue is not solved by the latest updates, after seemingly six+ months of reports. This is woeful from Corsair.

Mouse purchased in the UK.

Good news with my Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB mouse. i replaced the Chinese Omron switches with Japanese Omron D2F-01F in my mouse and double clicking issue went away with mouse firmware 1.9.85. i can confirm that those Japanese switches fixed my double clicking issue. Corsair shipped the mouse with defective Chinese switches because I had couple Harpoon Wireless RGB that had defective left button mouse switch. they should've shipped the mouse with Japanese mouse switches

I tried the old iCue software and it didn't fix the issue for me. For me the fix was to roll back to the firmware that was on the dropbox posted earlier in the thread. However, with that firmware, the mouse cursor would stick intermittently when being moved from still to in-motion. Once in motion it would be totally fine. However, I changed the polling rate from 1 ms to 2 ms and I'm not having that issue now. So now everything works after running older firmware, using the iCue version at the beginning of the thread, and changing the polling rate to 2ms.

Such a good and versatile mouse for the money. Hopefully there's an update to the firmware that fixes everything for everyone. This is my first Corsair product and feel a bit put off by the whole thing. Good to see there's community communication going though.

Good news with my Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB mouse. i replaced the Chinese Omron switches with Japanese Omron D2F-01F in my mouse and double clicking issue went away with mouse firmware 1.9.85. i can confirm that those Japanese switches fixed my double clicking issue. Corsair shipped the mouse with defective Chinese switches because I had couple Harpoon Wireless RGB that had defective left button mouse switch. they should've shipped the mouse with Japanese mouse switches

How do you replace the switches? Maybe I can do the same with the Ironclaw?

How do you replace the switches? Maybe I can do the same with the Ironclaw?

you take your mouse apart and take the mouse board out of the mouse. the switches are soldered on the board so you have to learn how to solder and desolder stuffs. you can go on YouTube to look these stuffs up. to take the switches out, you have to desolder the switches pins and once the pins are desoldered, take the switches out. then when all switches are out of the mouse board, solder new mouse switches in the mouse. put the mouse back together when you have soldered new switches. hopefully this helps :D:

Unfortunately no ETA right now, but I'll keep you posted.

I know most of you don't have your location added to your profile, but are any of you experiencing this issue located in the US or North America?

I am having the double click issue with my Harpoon mouse. I'm located in Canada.

I'm still having the issue, and it's intermittent. Like some days i'll go without encountering it, other days it only happens when I click-and-drag (like highlighting text). I've only had the mouse a month, I'd hate to think it was a hardware fault.

Yeah this has been a problem for months now, no solution... Maybe north-american stores/users received a batch with ****ty quality HW-switches / signal reflection as per Shunkawals test of replacing the switches.

How long are we going to wait, I'm seriously running out of patience now with no updates or fixes from Corsair. They should replace this faulty hardware since so many are experiencing these double click errors... I can't use my Harpoon for graphic work anymore, had to get a $10 mouse to be able to use my computer for work again...

Okay, how does that help here? Is it definitely a switch issue or not? I want to hear from other users that switching the switches fixed the problem.

like i said, replacing the switches fixes the issue. Chinese Omron switches have a high failure rate so it's recommend to replace them with Japanese Omron switches or any switches that are better than Chinese Omron switches that came with the Harpoon

Okay, how does that help here? Is it definitely a switch issue or not? I want to hear from other users that switching the switches fixed the problem.

If you peruse the thread I linked there a video there that explains it all and why all mice with Chinese omron switches have issues and what causes the issues.

I know it's a long video but the knowledge in there is well invaluable if you are a gamer or just use mice and wonder why all the newish mice fail like this yet back in the day 10 dollar mice never had these issues.

tl;dr Drastically lowering the polling rate MIGHT help a little but lower current + lower voltage + higher speed + increased polling rate = double clicking issues

This isn't just corsair btw logitech are having hella lots of complaints too since they switched to chinese omron switches....