Corsair Community

Void Pro Wireless 7.1 static noise.

Cantas

Absolutely its software based.

In my case, my older PC that had CUE on it had an older version of CUE. I know this because when I tried to run the updater via CUE it threw an error and didnt update. On that older PC, the VOID was working without any problems.

On my new PC, built 4 weeks or so ago, the issue was immediately apparent. Tested via multiple USB ports. The only difference is the version of CUE I use. I don't know what the older version was, as the old PC no longer exists, but any version of CUE that I download right now exhibits this issue.

It is definitely a CUE issue, as when CUE isn't installed, the problem doesn't exist though the VOID only then works in stereo not 7.1.

So objectively this is a CUE software-caused problem.

I completely agree. I have confirmed the exact same, it is 100% a software based issue. I have told this to Corsair Support but they don't think there is an issue and told me they can inform their bug team but that it would probably not get very far. I expected better support than this to be honest.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't have this static issue until the latest Win10 update. It is really making iracing difficult for me so I uninstalled my Void wireless headset and am using my Razer headset. That really sucks because the Void headset is much better.

3 days on and still no sign of this issue returning. Not sure why aside from moving the dongle from my ST100 and I doubt very much that had anything to do with it. all my software and devices are on latest drivers/firmware etc etc.

it's nearly 3 weeks since my last 'static' episode

Got Corsair Void PRO RGB USB using CUE plugged into my K95 Platinum Keyboard I get a static buzzing noise very low tone left ear cup only when I am on Teamspeak and Discord.

The same problem to me, I have lagged sound when I use simultaneously TeamSpeak 3 and Discord or Battle.net voice and Discord, but only when I set active in CUE the Surround Sound.

Hey,

i bought the Corsair Void Pro Wireless 7.1 a week ago. But i have all the time static noise in the background which goes on everytime the headset receives sound.

I tried multiple usb slots 3.0/2.0 and EQ settings. But i cant fix it.

I think the problem is the Corsair Utility Engine. If i uninstall it the background noise disappears.

But i want to use 7.1 so i need another way to fix it. Anyone know another way to fix my problem? Maybe with an older version of the driver or something else?

I'm having the exact same problem. Got my Void USB only 2 days ago, and it's quite annoying

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had my void wireless for 2+ years now and only recently when i decided to get the new cue app and update the firmware has the issues statet in this thread and some others started occuring.

Doesn't matter if i sit 3 cm or three rooms away from the reciever, the sound crackles, disappears, the headset disconnects and instantly reconnects and it doesn't matter if i repair it to the dongle, what USB port i use, if it is charging or not or whatever.

also, each time i change usb-port or re pair the headset a "new" device is made in windows so im up to like "73 -corsair void wireless".

Does any one know where older firmware images can be found?

ive searched but cant seem to find any and its what i think might be able to help.

Ive had my void wireless for 2+ years now and only recently when i decided to get the new cue app and update the firmware has the issues statet in this thread and some others started occuring.

Doesn't matter if i sit 3 cm or three rooms away from the reciever, the sound crackles, disappears, the headset disconnects and instantly reconnects and it doesn't matter if i repair it to the dongle, what USB port i use, if it is charging or not or whatever.

also, each time i change usb-port or re pair the headset a "new" device is made in windows so im up to like "73 -corsair void wireless".

Does any one know where older firmware images can be found?

ive searched but cant seem to find any and its what i think might be able to help.

Its definitely the software, IMO. I had an older version of the app and didn't have this audio problem until I reinstalled windows 10 and had no choice but to download this latest version.

• 1 month later...
I'm using CUE version 2.23.40 and i just bought the Void Pro USB wired ones. right off i notice they are a little big for my head. not huge or way too big, but.... bigger than id like, but i could deal. so then i wanted to check out their sound for music. pulled up pandora and heard little clicks/static thought maybe it was the song, as it was something from the 70's so.. maybe just the song... but no, it was on everything. thats what brought me here. i saw people were having issues with CUE. so i closed it, and reopened it... seems to have fixed it for now, but ive been using the headset for less than 2 hours and im thinking i may return them.

Same problem here

Bought the void pro rgb wireless yesterday and there's a constant noise in the headset, it's noticeable when there's no sound and it's really annoying. The noise stops when I turn off the headset

Seems like there is no solution so I'll ask a refund in a few days

EDIT: I get the noise even when my computer is off and the dongle not connected, so the problem is coming from the headset, olaw might be right

Edited by FuZ

• 1 month later...

I got the Void Pro for Christmas, and I use it all the time.

I occasionally get popping/static when watching movies or playing older games, but there's only one game (so far) that it completely cuts out on; Skyrim.

Just so happens to be the one game I enjoy playing the most, and one of the games the wife hates to have to hear me playing.

I've been searching for a solution for this issue for a few months, now... so I've tried reinstalling, updating drivers, etc... and I'm lost. Can you help a guy out?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

just here sharing my experiences with the Void Pro RGB Wireless, because its probably related:

I use Windows 10 64bit(v. 1803) and bought the headset 3 days ago on amazon.

I have the same static noise which you can faintly hear if no audio is running(so headset just being on), probably interference from the LED circuit or whatever... This faint white noise blows up in intensity if:

* you play a music video on youtube

* have the windows volume on 50(?)+%, maximum annoyance is 100% ;)

* slowly decrease the volume on youtube to 10% or less and/or listen to a quiet part of a song

At this point you only hear a wall of white noise. This happens with the Corsair Audio Driver.

If you use the Windows Driver:

* uninstall the "Corsair VOID PRO Wireless Gaming Headset", check 'delete driver' too and restart your computer.

* No need to uninstall CUE. Voice prompts and other features are still accessible in CUE(probably not virtual Dolby 7.1 though)

you will still hear the faint static noise but it kinda stays the same regardless of volume, which may be acceptable for some people. Whats the point of the corsair audio driver if it makes the headset quality worse lol?

I spend 4+hrs researching trying to fix this:

* try different 2.0 / 3.0 USB ports

* disable fast boot(don't ask why)

* reinstalling Realtek HD Audio driver

* reverting back to older Realtek audio driver version recommended on manufacturer site

* change various settings on the headset and mic in Windows Sounds

* update chipset driver

* uninstall NVIDIA HD audio driver

* force updated firmware from 0.15 to 0.15

* tested with CUE 2(most recent version)

* now using iCUE(3.4.95)

* completely shutting down pc and cutting power for 30s

I feel at this point it's either faulty hardware design or a firmware issue. Or a defective unit, which would be weird, because many others have this issue...

This and the not so great quality of the mic is unacceptable for a 119€ headset. This forces me to send the headset back to amazon, which is a shame because i already have a Strafe RGB and a Harpoon mouse from Corsair and im very happy with them. A fitting headset would've been nice... I also quite like the design of the headset.

Edited by Kaidos

So I started experiencing the same problems with my Void except I've had the crackling sounds on and off for months, the disconnecting only happened when updating to iCUE last week, I put in a support ticket earlier this week and they decided to just send me a new one after I return mine.

• 2 weeks later...

So not sure how much help this will be but I just ran into this same issue. I've had the headset for the better part of a year and I know it works fine.

I own two PCs. One a older first gen i7 that was running windows 7 and a new Sager laptop running Windows 10. On both machines the headset was working perfectly.

So I over the last few days I upgrade my W7 box to Win10. Start installing drivers and such and then the various software I use day to day. Anyway I go grab the CUe software and wham static. So I start testing.

Plug the headset into the laptop it works fine. It's running CUE 2.23.40.

Desktop was running CUE 3.4.95.

So I go to uninstall CUE thinking I'll downgrade. Soon as it's uninstalled headset starts working normally. I think we have some kind of driver conflict with Windows 10 and CUE. This all worked fine with Windows 7 using the exact same hardware.

I'm fixing to install 2.23.40 and see what happens. I'll also see if I can't pull out the windows drivers for the headset. Could also be the realtek driver I guess. I'll look into that as well.

To follow up installing the older version of CUE (2.23.40) worked just fine. It's a bug with CUE I guess with some version of the other drivers on my system or that's just a guess.

If someone at Corsair would like some hardware or driver information to debug/qa I'm happy to help.

thanks,

Robert

• 2 weeks later...
I need some help here, my void pro wireless makes static and crackling noises when i tilt my head to relax or if i'm looking at my 2nd monitor. Also if i tilt my head in curtain positions it'll disconnected as long i keep it there. These are my 2nd one i've gotten cause my first did the same thing but ever since i got this one it does the same thing

• 2 weeks later...

I have had this issue for months now. I have reinstalled CUE, uninstalled CUE, (not that it matters, it looks like Windows picks up the drivers from Corsair regardless of CUE being installed). I have wiped windows, updated my bios, overclocked, underclocked, etc. I can not figure this out. I dont have any other audio drivers installed. In fact, just to make sure there were no driver conflicts, I reinstalled windows and the only thing I installed was Steam and plugged in the headphones. Static and popping is persistent in every game I boot up.

My setup:

CPU: i7-6700k

Mobo: Asus Z170-A

RAM: 16GB DDR4

GPU: GTX 1070

CUE Version: Latest available with default settings.

Edited by phazonjim